Do we all want BR starts for BTB?

I feel ya man. I’ve played halo so long any game that isnt BR starts is weird to me. Having said that i think if we issued BR starts in BTB then things would need to be re-worked. The already cluttered maps would need to be more so to compensate for the BR’s effectiveness and hit scan.

1 Like

some games cant be changed by a single player. It feels bad and ive been there but it is what it is. When your team is bad its just bad.

I’d love for there to be a BR start. The issue is that it’s very accurate at range. I think making it more like the h3 br would allow for long range map movement without getting picked off.

Ppl forget that they can balance weapons lol

1 Like

If Halo Infinite BTB had BR starts it would be one of my favorite game modes in the game. However, in it’s current state I don’t enjoy playing it.

5 Likes

I agree, in BTB’s current state if you don’t get your hands on a battle rifle you are at such a severe disadvantage against a player with one, and it ruins experience for me.

2 Likes

I think this means that other guns need to be stronger.
I remember in early H5 days, I felt like every weapon was a viable choice. I never felt that before in Halo games.
I hate how they changed that in h5.

2 Likes

No. If BR starts were a thing then respawn time would need to be increased (which nobody wants)… imagine pushing an enemy base in CTF, taking out a group enemies only to have them respawn and annihilate you from long range.

Just have more BR’s available on the map. What is so hard about going to a weapon rack and picking up a BR / Commando / Pulse Carbine / Stalker Rifle / Shock Rifle / Sniper / Skewer etc. ?

Edit:
And like many have pointed out already, the BR is the ideal weapon for BTB, so what incentive would there be to go and get different weapons?

1 Like

Honestly, I think we will likely end up at BR starts in the end. But I think it would be a cool middle ground to try Commando starts first.

1 Like

It’s been a while since i’ve visited this thread, but from what i’ve seen thus far i think we can say the answer to “Do we all want BR starts for BTB?” it’s no.

All means everyone and i and many others have said no so the answer is no.

Halo is a game built around the trading up of weapons. By making Big Team BR starts it mostly removes the need or want to do that. Plenty of Youtubers have gone over this and I’d suggest checking out those videos. Ascend Hyperion has a good one about how the BR has hurt Halo multiplayer at times.

2 Likes

The AR and Sidekick can be effective at mid range, but you do need to be decent with them.

1 Like

AR starts are perfect for BTB. If you want to sweat, go play ranked.

2 Likes

NOPE! Projectile randomizes long range BR encounters in Halo 3. Keep it hitscan!

1 Like

Match Composer is MORE important than BR starts because then EVERYONE is happy no matter what mode they play, they can play it how they want exactly!

2 Likes

While it did randomise longer range encounters, hitscan helped to balance the BR and put it comfortably into its niche (mid range) you were peanlised when you tried to use the BR at super long ranges…the hitscan BR makes it so the BR is as accurate at 70m as it is at 15m this (IMO) is a problem
hitscan also helped increase skillgap by forcing people to lead their shots and try to predict movement of opponents

1 Like

Do you know what Hitscan means? You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it does. Also which BR are you talking about? I’m not sure about 5 or Infinite, all past BRs have been projectile based.

Nope. Too strong of a weapon to start with. Too much range. Game would be no fun

1 Like

I honestly think this would make BTB undesirable to play given the maps that we’ve currently seen. You would essentially be lasered immediately from spawn and would be very frustrating imo.

1 Like

They could always test it out with an event. I think events would be a good way to try ideas and see how popular they are with players.

Popular and Healthy are to very different things when considering the longevity of a game.

1 Like

I agree bring back the br

1 Like