Do veterans have no problem with assassination?

Most Halo veterans seem to hate the new changes added to the franchise most being sprint and Spartan Ability. One question for them. Is assassination also break the Golden Triangle? Is assassination a good addition or a bad addition? I personally think assassination is an evolution of melee. Only true evolution that evolved Halo.

They (including myself) dont care cause we have the option to turn it off so it has no real factor. And you cant say most hate the changes, some dont care, some like them and some hate them dont generalize because of the out spoken group. (im not saying minority cause then im making a claim which im not)

There is no real reason to have it on, it takes to long to finish which leaves one open to a counter as well as disallows you to continue playing and benefiting the team. Those that want it on, good for them, it doesnt really impact me as a player so i dont care.

I love assassinations. I’m veteran but I like sprint and Spartan abilities as well. I don’t think they ruin the triangle since assassinations are optional.

No, they break the golden triangle because they can’t shoot, melee, or throw grenades during it. /s

But anyway, anyone who doesn’t like it can turn it off.

I loved being able to “ninja” people in Halo 3 via jumping backwards over them and literally getting the drop on them, and Halo: Reach just made it feel like I was truly making them dishonored among their family by jumping on their back and snapping their neck (god I loved that animation). But it was clumsy, and really most of the time I did it, I was killed immediately after because you’re nothing but a sitting duck.

Halo 4 I rarely assassinated people unless I got the drop on an unsuspecting Sniper, and Halo 5 I don’t do assassinations, but I am pissed that you can’t assassinate Knights as easily anymore, it made the Halo 5 Solo Leg run more painful than it needed to be (not mentioning the soldiers that literally take an entire clip to break armour).

It’s a mixed bag for me… Whilst I love the idea of customisable stances, assassinations, skins, etc… I really just want to smack them in the back and be done with it, this fancy -Yoink- just makes assassinations too much of a risk for the reward. If I get the drop on 2+ people with their backs to me, I just want to smack them both, and move on. Instead, I smack one and instantly get noticed because “Lol I r gon snep ur spyne” and get teabagged because the drop failed.

But to be fair, there’s a lot more things that are just off compared to how it used to be. Grenades seem to have a longer fuse, and don’t explode when I expect them to. Shots just don’t seem to hit, or when they do they register a hit on something other than what I was aiming for (headshots mainly). Vehicles are either extremely tanky or extremely volatile, there doesn’t seem to be any in-between, especially in WZFF (For example, Grunt Mech can take out anything with just a few needles, regardless if that’s a tank or a mongoose, and I’ve personally on several occasions been killed with full shields and vehicle health by a seemingly random shot from a wraith or Knight).

There’s a lot of things wrong with Halo 5, but as for the topic at hand, I just want the option to turn assassination animations off. Even if it’s only for competitive play.

It’s a fun addition, adds a bit of flair, but I stick with beat downs.

I don’t have a problem with assassinations.

I’m fine with them since you can turn them off or simply not do them and they don’t affect the maps like sprint and a couple armor abilities do.

> 2533274839252201;5:
> There’s a lot of things wrong with Halo 5, but as for the topic at hand, I just want the option to turn assassination animations off. Even if it’s only for competitive play.

I don’t know how to tell you this, but you very much can turn off assassinations in settings. I’m pretty sure this was a Day One feature.

For me is a fun and one of the new things that I approve.

I’m ok with it, think it’s one of the only good additions to halo. You already stated some of the bad ones. But those who don’t like it can turn it off, I personally like it since its so satisfying to do it but it leaves you open… so people have to choice to turn it off and assassinate halo 3 style.

> 2533274833081329;9:
> > 2533274839252201;5:
> > There’s a lot of things wrong with Halo 5, but as for the topic at hand, I just want the option to turn assassination animations off. Even if it’s only for competitive play.
>
>
> I don’t know how to tell you this, but you very much can turn off assassinations in settings. I’m pretty sure this was a Day One feature.

You can!? D: Why was I never told this?

I turn them off for ranked and on for social matches.

> 2533274839252201;12:
> > 2533274833081329;9:
> > > 2533274839252201;5:
> > > There’s a lot of things wrong with Halo 5, but as for the topic at hand, I just want the option to turn assassination animations off. Even if it’s only for competitive play.
> >
> >
> > I don’t know how to tell you this, but you very much can turn off assassinations in settings. I’m pretty sure this was a Day One feature.
>
>
> You can!? D: Why was I never told this?

Like it was actually a Day One feature. Before even the Dead Zone additions

As far as the impact on gameplay goes, assassinations lead you into a long animation during which you have no chance to defend. They would be an absolutely terrible mechanic weren’t the entirely optional. But as others have said, they are optional, so I don’t have to use them. There is simply nothing to be said against additions that don’t give the user any sort of advantages and are completely optional.

Most Halo veterans seem to hate the new changes added to the franchise most being sprint and Spartan Ability.
But i like the new veterans.

> 2533274833081329;14:
> > 2533274839252201;12:
> > > 2533274833081329;9:
> > > > 2533274839252201;5:
> > > > There’s a lot of things wrong with Halo 5, but as for the topic at hand, I just want the option to turn assassination animations off. Even if it’s only for competitive play.
> > >
> > >
> > > I don’t know how to tell you this, but you very much can turn off assassinations in settings. I’m pretty sure this was a Day One feature.
> >
> >
> > You can!? D: Why was I never told this?
>
>
> Like it was actually a Day One feature. Before even the Dead Zone additions

D: So much I don’t know… Thanks for letting me know man, this will definitely solve a few issues I face

You know assassinating another player is not madatory. Its just cool. So i dont see how it could be gamebreaking in any way.
The Dnend Legion

> 2535416076744641;16:
> Most Halo veterans seem to hate the new changes added to the franchise most being sprint and Spartan Ability.
> But i like the new veterans.

Sounds like somebody had a slip of the keyboard there.

But assassinations don’t do anything, they aren’t like charges and sprint.

I don’t use it, wastes too much time. Also it’s easy to interrupt if you know what they’re using…