do the terminals contradict the books?

No, not in the least bit. Just out of curiosity, have you read the books and watched the terminals?

The books are technically not canon unless otherwise said so… so if they do, then the terminals are correct.

> The books are technically not canon unless otherwise said so… so if they do, then the terminals are correct.

The books are very much 100% canon…

> The books are technically not canon unless otherwise said so… so if they do, then the terminals are correct.

All of the books are completely, 100% canon. Bungie once gave an explanation of the levels of canon. If 343 follows suit then it goes like this…

The games are the #1 source for anything and everything Halo canon. The books are #2. Anything written in the books that is contradicted in the game means the games canon supersedes the books making the game the correct canon in a contradiction. Other media like anime, movies, shows, etc, etc is the lowest form of canon at #3. Anything from there is superseded by the books which is then superseded by the games.

> > The books are technically not canon unless otherwise said so… so if they do, then the terminals are correct.
>
> The books are very much 100% canon…

Not necessarily. Sometimes the author’s interpretation on how things go on in the Halo universe aren’t necessarily right.

Well CAMs, what exactly do you think might be contradictory?

I believe you mean the reverse.

Until I see a statement otherwise, I’m not going to believe that a book is not canon. The original Fall of Reach wasn’t canon because of Halo: Reach (and some other earlier contradictions), and then they made a new one with the proper changes.

Also, Halo 4 is literally built off of what happened in the Forerunner trilogy of books. Even though it isn’t finished yet. Wish they would have waited until Silentium to release Halo 4. Maybe have an open beta and polish the game in the mean time.

I mean, seriously. Books are a great source. How would you ever find out that

343 Guilty Spark survived?

> > > The books are technically not canon unless otherwise said so… so if they do, then the terminals are correct.
> >
> > The books are very much 100% canon…
>
> Not necessarily. Sometimes the author’s interpretation on how things go on in the Halo universe aren’t necessarily right.

The only story that hasn’t been canon was Palace Hotel in Halo : Evolutions, but that’s because it was an alternate story of a part of Halo 2. Everything else is canon, unless it’s been through a retcon in future novels or games.

> Well CAMs, what exactly do you think might be contradictory?

to the other guy yes i have read the books and watched the terminals.

to answer the quoted…well the didact is seen to enter the requim cryptum. not bornstellar didact. does this mean that chakas riser and born activated THAT cryptum?

sorry haha im playing h4 so im not being as clear as i can.

basically, the terminals seem like they make the books like they never happened.

Silentium’s book description lets you know that Faber didn’t execute Ur-Didact. He actually just left him in a flood infested system to die. So basically there are two Didacts running around. The terminals follow the Ur-Didact, not Bornstellar.

Seriously there are two Didacts I thought that Faber killed the real Didact on the Prophets home world. Well that may explain some of the things that didn’t seem to line up.