Do the complainers realize....

That outside this forum everyone is calling this the best Halo game ever made?

In the real world people are praising this game to no end.

Do you guys realize how asking them to change it to suit your needs is incredibly selfish?

The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.

A very large percentage of the Halo Waypoint community who love Halo 4 have taken a break from the forums for two reasons.

1. Too many complainers and they may not like the new Waypoint layout
  2. No time (too busy on other things and playing Halo 4)

Halo 4 has to be my 2nd favourite game (Combat Evolved is first! :slight_smile: ) but I really don’t like playing it because it has HORRIBLE, UNBEARABLE lag. Don’t say it’s my internet connection because it’s perfectly fine and works well with all other games.

> The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.

How can you even say this? There are people who have played every single Halo game there is to no end, and enjoy this game. So are they not real fans? That just sounds stupid.

> That outside this forum everyone is calling this the best Halo game ever made?
>
> In the real world people are praising this game to no end.
>
> Do you guys realize how asking them to change it to suit your needs is incredibly selfish?

I don’t think asking for obvious faults to be fixed is selfish.

It’s a new game, there are issues with balancing and glitches - complaints are needed to make this a stable game. (useful complaints, anyway)

Right now, I’m not sure it is the best halo ever made, but it could be.

> The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.

Maybe some people think the “issues” aren’t that big of a deal. I mean complaining about fraction of a second fire rates and missing emblems is silly to people with rational thought. Or maybe people think the good things outweigh the bad things times a million.

> That outside this forum everyone is calling this the best Halo game ever made?
>
> In the real world people are praising this game to no end.
>
> Do you guys realize how asking them to change it to suit your needs is incredibly selfish?

That’s just not true at all. All the people I know say that halo 4 sucks and that is the worst halo out of all the halos. They don’t post on the forums either.

> > That outside this forum everyone is calling this the best Halo game ever made?
> >
> > In the real world people are praising this game to no end.
> >
> > Do you guys realize how asking them to change it to suit your needs is incredibly selfish?
>
> I don’t think asking for obvious faults to be fixed is selfish.
>
> It’s a new game, there are issues with balancing and glitches - complaints are needed to make this a stable game. (useful complaints, anyway)
>
> Right now, I’m not sure it is the best halo ever made, but it could be.

I don’t know man, asking someone to change something to make you happy even though it will make many others unhappy is the definition of being selfish.

> > The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.
>
> How can you even say this? There are people who have played every single Halo game there is to no end, and enjoy this game. So are they not real fans? That just sounds stupid.

He means the people that are blindly saying Halo 4 is perfect are not real fans.

The game has many issues, some game-breaking (server issues like lag and connection problems, as well as a multitude of balancing problems) and some that hurt the longevity of the game (lack of customs options and missing forge elements).

It’s fine if people like Halo 4, they just need to accept the game has problems and not whine about people bringing up those problems.

> > The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.
>
> Maybe some people think the “issues” aren’t that big of a deal. I mean complaining about fraction of a second fire rates and missing emblems is silly to people with rational thought. Or maybe people think the good things outweigh the bad things times a million.

To the competitive community that fraction of a second means A LOT due to the fact that it can mean life or death. I do agree that things such as emblems which do not affect the gameplay what so ever are silly to complain about.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Stop with the “real fans” crap. My brother-in-law has been playing since the original xbox days, he loves halo 4. He hates forums, mostly because rather than PLAY the game, folks play the forum game of “look at me, trying to be cute”

What are the issues? Lag, outdated consoles not wanting to play the game, Lag? No sharing of DLC on the same console?
Loosing things that you purchased?

Seriously what are the issues?
JIP - not a problem, added feature you refuse to believe in
Guns - not a problem - just because you get beat by someone with one, doesnt ,mean the game is broken.
Vehicles - not a problems, they are just like every other game.
Maps - not a problem, there will be more added.
Skill based ranking system - not a problem, they are adding one.

People are mad because they had a model of what it was going to be like in there heads and that led you to a fail, your head made the game fail in your eyes, not the other part of the population that plays the game, with no complaints at all.

See what happens is one person says they dont like something and its jump on the bandwagon of hate and that continues until every little thing has been put under the microscope. I hope for the day that any one of you complainers, joins the real world work force and has a total hard -Yoink!- boss who nitpicks and rides you for every little thing you do, and then and only then, will you realize that you were an -Yoink- hole on these forums over a silly video game.

To put ^ into perspective.

I’ve played with this series since the Launch of Halo: CE. (no i’m not saying i’m better than you)I’ve played this game competitively, for fun and i have practically read all of the books and know more of the story/ cannon than most normal Halo players.

But by your logic, because i love playing Halo 4, i’m not a fan?

Do you see the conflict here?

Great post OP i just wish the ‘complainers’ (and i hate labeling people) would take credence

> > > That outside this forum everyone is calling this the best Halo game ever made?
> > >
> > > In the real world people are praising this game to no end.
> > >
> > > Do you guys realize how asking them to change it to suit your needs is incredibly selfish?
> >
> > I don’t think asking for obvious faults to be fixed is selfish.
> >
> > It’s a new game, there are issues with balancing and glitches - complaints are needed to make this a stable game. (useful complaints, anyway)
> >
> > Right now, I’m not sure it is the best halo ever made, but it could be.
>
> I don’t know man, asking someone to change something to make you happy even though it will make many others unhappy is the definition of being selfish.

IF people are unhappy about glitches such as the wall glitch on Complex being fixed, then tough. These things ruin the fun for most people online. (I know most of these have been fixed already)

Also, the rate of fire on some of the guns is important for competitive gamers and very regular players.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

“Oh boy,let’s just say those problems aren’t actually problems,that will surely make me look like a smart person”

> > > The people that are calling it the best Halo game ever are the people that want to ignore the issues it has, or are not real fans of the series.
> >
> > How can you even say this? There are people who have played every single Halo game there is to no end, and enjoy this game. So are they not real fans? That just sounds stupid.
>
> He means the people that are blindly saying Halo 4 is perfect are not real fans.
>
> The game has many issues, some game-breaking (server issues like lag and connection problems, as well as a multitude of balancing problems) and some that hurt the longevity of the game (lack of customs options and missing forge elements).
>
> It’s fine if people like Halo 4, they just need to accept the game has problems and not whine about people bringing up those problems.

I knwow there are problems, but for me it doesn’t take away from the enjoyment of the game. Many games have issues once released, but they eventually get fixed too. I understand people are angry, and they have a right to be, but the game has been out for 2 weeks. Fixing things take time, we jsut need to be patient. You think people are angry about this game? Look at all the problems Skyrim is having with the PS3 platform in Bethesda fixing it, and last I checked they still haven’t fixed it. There are alot of games that take time to resolve issues.

Though in some ways you’re right, I wouldn’t go off on the legit complainers speaking about Lag issues, balance of weapons between DMR or The BR, the buff of the Carbine, those reporting glitches, How the maps feel or performs, and what players are doing to exploit the game are very important input to say the least. If not for 343 but for each other. I’m still looking for the miniature Covies.

I see complaints out side of the forums but not in ungodly and repetitive numbers. I have heard some very good and well thought out complaints and some complaints that sound like they come from someone sucking at halo.

ok guys this is turning into a philosophy thread about the true meaning of, “complaining”

I’ve been playing since CE also, but even I’ve noticed the durability of the vehicles compared to past halos is lacking in Halo 4. They just don’t seem to hold up anymore, maybe its just the fact there are more power weapons, I don’t know.