Do "Skins" equal Armor Permutations 343 ?

From the looks of this . . <mark>Halo 4 pre-order skin</mark> it seems like they aren’t Armor permutations =(

Skins equal the kind of things that are in racing games =( They are per-determined suits that can’t physically be changed .

Armor Permutations equal customizable parts for the whole body i.e. Helmet, Arm’s, Chest, Leg’s . . etc.

Will I be able to change the Helmet or any other part of the highlighted pre-order skin ?

Why can’t 343 expand upon the Armory ?

Why can’t there be something like what was in Halo 3 or Halo Reach ?

I was tempted to pre-order the game from Gamestop, but just like you, I feared I wouldn’t be able to have both the special pattern and my own customizable armor set.

I really hope they’ll elaborate on this matter.

Oh wow i hadnt seen this. That helmet is sick! I think skins will still be seperate from armor customization though. this was probably thier way of showing us new armour pieces while also showing a new skin…

> I was tempted to pre-order the game from Gamestop, but just like you, I feared I wouldn’t be able to have both the special pattern and my own customizable armor set.
>
> I really hope they’ll elaborate on this matter.

I already have 2 Halo 4 Limited Editions pre-ordered, if it turns out that I can’t customize my Spartan like in Halo 3 and Halo Reach, I might cancel one of my pre-orders =(

I like being able to have the helmet, shoulders, chest, and all of that stuff, the way I want.

I don’t want pre-determined Armor.

From what I’ve seen, I believe ‘skins’ are colour line-outs. I think you can change the colours within those skins. They’re the shapes your Spartan will be painted in, nothing more.

All a skin is is what pattern your secondary color is.

Fear not, I assume you can pre order and rest assured you can customize your spartan as you wish then add the skin afterwards. I however has yet to see one skin that looks decent, or even good, but feel free to use them if you like them :slight_smile:
They’re just a secondary layer of paint, not something etched into the model pieces of the armour ^^

> Fear not, I assume you can pre order and rest assured you can customize your spartan as you wish then add the skin afterwards. I however has yet to see one skin that looks decent, or even good, but feel free to use them if you like them :slight_smile:
> They’re just a secondary layer of paint, not something etched into the model pieces of the armour ^^

I would like to thank you and Ravenheart for not being -Yoinks!-.

I’m pretty sure skins are seperate from armour, if you look on the mightyape website, they show a label saying “armour:gungnir, skin:pulse”. Seems like skin is just a pre-made armour colouration that is normally un-makeable. I do hope that I can still change my armour though, because the limited edition description boasts “The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic” does this mean I have to have the limited edition to customize my guy?

Skins actually seem more like paint patterns than actual armor perms, like camo and stripes and stuff.

> Skins actually seem more like paint patterns than actual armor perms, like camo and stripes and stuff.

I believe that’s what the skins are: Camo, Strpies etc. That’s why you see things like Forest (camo) while Pulse/Web are more like stripes.

Basically, anything thats like stripes or Camo is considered a skin.

You can also change the color of the patterns if anybody was interested in knowing that.

> > Skins actually seem more like paint patterns than actual armor perms, like camo and stripes and stuff.
>
> I believe that’s what the skins are: Camo, Strpies etc. That’s why you see things like Forest (camo) while Pulse/Web are more like stripes.
>
> Basically, anything thats like stripes or Camo is considered a skin.
>
>
> You can also change the color of the patterns if anybody was interested in knowing that.

Aww yeah, going full on Mass Effect now!

> > > Skins actually seem more like paint patterns than actual armor perms, like camo and stripes and stuff.
> >
> > I believe that’s what the skins are: Camo, Strpies etc. That’s why you see things like Forest (camo) while Pulse/Web are more like stripes.
> >
> > Basically, anything thats like stripes or Camo is considered a skin.
> >
> >
> > You can also change the color of the patterns if anybody was interested in knowing that.
>
> Aww yeah, going full on Mass Effect now!

Not a bad thing though, skins in Mass Effect are awesome! There’s nothing wrong with implementing a good idea into Halo, right? No? That’s what I thought! :slight_smile: