Do promethean vehicles compose the driver???

Uhm…in IGN’s video about the kraken the PC enters one of the new vehicles…he is literally transported in like Glass man was in spartan ops.

One could say that the player is just transported on board but there just does not seem to be enough space for a driver and controls given the size of the vehicle

So could the vehicles just compose the driver who then just drives it as an AI would only to be reformed upon exit?

I knew someone was going to point this out.

No. The composing process can only be done effectively by composers (where biological forms get materialized into Ai and result in abominations when reversed.)

When playing Spartan ops the forerunner teleport and portal system work through these “composed” animations. Most notably; Glassman, whereby the you get “composed” but you reform perfectly and cannot turn into an Ai. This type is most likely how the vehicle works with the driver.

Yes but where the hell does the driver go?? There is no physical space for it in the vehicle…

There could be plenty of space. The vehicle simply removed the doors and windows. I never seen the inside of one of these vehicles so I based on its size/perceived-volume I can see how a single pilot can fit inside.

It looks freaky but cool.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> There could be plenty of space. The vehicle simply removed the doors and windows. I never seen the inside of one of these vehicles so I based on its size/perceived-volume I can see how a single pilot can fit inside.

No look at the video…a spartan is just WAY too big, the body of the vehicle is smaller than the spartan

> 2533274800110367;6:
> > 2533274909139271;4:
> > There could be plenty of space. The vehicle simply removed the doors and windows. I never seen the inside of one of these vehicles so I based on its size/perceived-volume I can see how a single pilot can fit inside.
>
>
> No look at the video…a spartan is just WAY too big, the body of the vehicle is smaller than the spartan

The phaeton appears similar or bigger than a banshee. The pilot could be laying down.

> 2533274909139271;7:
> > 2533274800110367;6:
> > > 2533274909139271;4:
> > > There could be plenty of space. The vehicle simply removed the doors and windows. I never seen the inside of one of these vehicles so I based on its size/perceived-volume I can see how a single pilot can fit inside.
> >
> >
> > No look at the video…a spartan is just WAY too big, the body of the vehicle is smaller than the spartan
>
>
> The phaeton appears similar or bigger than a banshee. The pilot could be laying down.

Yes but the banshee is one piece the phaeton is split in pieces…

I’m assuming the body is in the forward section…

It also looks like mostly one piece beyond the engines on the side.

Does this mean you can’t board a phaeton?

So is the phaton the only forerunner vehicle?

> 2533274964189700;9:
> I’m assuming the body is in the forward section…
>
> It also looks like mostly one piece beyond the engines on the side.
>
> Does this mean you can’t board a phaeton?

You can but the back of it is a power source apparently and the front is way too small

Thats pretty interesting concept. Hope 343 explains how the phaeton works.

I think your eye is being tricked by perspective, which is hard to distinguish in videos of games.

In the very front of the vehicle, directly above the armament mount point, is a sphere that resembles a shrunken version of the Didact’s Cryptum. That looks large enough for a pilot to reside.

Interesting maybe it’s all a problem of illusion…

> 2533274800110367;11:
> > 2533274964189700;9:
> > I’m assuming the body is in the forward section…
> >
> > It also looks like mostly one piece beyond the engines on the side.
> >
> > Does this mean you can’t board a phaeton?
>
>
> You can but the back of it is a power source apparently and the front is way too small

Look at the first image. The guy on the far right is either infront of or as far away as the Phaeton. He could easily fit inside the front portion laying down.

> 2533274964189700;15:
> > 2533274800110367;11:
> > > 2533274964189700;9:
> > > I’m assuming the body is in the forward section…
> > >
> > > It also looks like mostly one piece beyond the engines on the side.
> > >
> > > Does this mean you can’t board a phaeton?
> >
> >
> > You can but the back of it is a power source apparently and the front is way too small
>
>
> Look at the first image. The guy on the far right is either infront of or as far away as the Phaeton. He could easily fit inside the front portion laying down.

Watch the video for a closer comparison

So it is forerunner technology, that stuff can change it’s shape to fit most circumstances, I am sure the inside can be made to compliment a spartan. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

> 2533274848577435;17:
> So it is forerunner technology, that stuff can change it’s shape to fit most circumstances, I am sure the inside can be made to compliment a spartan. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

Right…forerunner tech based on a fully automated army because of what the didactic wanted to achieve to fight the flood. What sounds more likely then?

> 2533274800110367;18:
> > 2533274848577435;17:
> > So it is forerunner technology, that stuff can change it’s shape to fit most circumstances, I am sure the inside can be made to compliment a spartan. You are making a big deal out of nothing.
>
>
> Right…forerunner tech based on a fully automated army because of what the didactic wanted to achieve to fight the flood. What sounds more likely then?

Soldiers, otherwise known as Armigers, are not part of the didact’s plan to fight the flood. Good chance the new vehicle isn’t either.