DO NOT Reveal Too Much 343i!

Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:

• Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
  • War Games (reveal the ranking system)
  • Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
  • Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
  • Forge (same as custom games)
  • Theater [CHECK]

In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!

Hmmm they kinda already revealed the Ancient Enemy if you keep up with Neogaf.

> Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
>
> - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> - Forge (same as custom games)
> - Theater [CHECK]
>
> In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!

Sounds like we’re in the same boat.

Going to go dark mid August as it will be impossible to avoid all the information that will be flying around here on the forums.

I trust 343i will keep a few up their sleeves until release.

> Hmmm they kinda already revealed the Ancient Enemy if you keep up with Neogaf.

True. But I mean based on what we know so far should be enough. I have faith 343i won’t pull a Reach and leave us with no surprises, but still.

I don’t know about the ranking system thing. I think it would be informative if we are prepared to know what our displayed or non-displayed stats mean, and how it reflects our game career.

Of course if it has some kind of end point like Reach, I obviously don’t want to know every single rank ever. Just want to know how it works.

Story stuff that they’ve already shown I think is definitely enough to go on for now. No more spoilers, please.

> It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring.

If the game feels boring once you know all the features, that’s not a problem of learning of them before release, that’s a problem of the game being boring. Obviously they should keep campaign spoiler details to themselves. Things like custom games settings, theater mode details, forge details, etc. can’t hurt though.

they better release the ranking system, thats one of the biggest determing purchase factors for me.

> Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
>
> - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> - Forge (same as custom games)
> - Theater [CHECK]
>
> In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!

are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.

> > Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
> >
> > - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> > - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> > - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> > - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> > - Forge (same as custom games)
> > - Theater [CHECK]
> >
> > In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!
>
> are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.

I have enough faith 343i will get it right. :wink:

I can agree with you on not revealing campaign info but i don’t see why we shouldn’t see the ranking system.

> > > Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
> > >
> > > - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> > > - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> > > - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> > > - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> > > - Forge (same as custom games)
> > > - Theater [CHECK]
> > >
> > > In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!
> >
> > are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.
>
> I have enough faith 343i will get it right. :wink:

well thats your opinion, unless 343 announces more they are gonna lose some salesssss.

> Hmmm they kinda already revealed the Ancient Enemy if you keep up with Neogaf.

What have they said? I can’t keep track of Neogaf.

> > > > Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
> > > >
> > > > - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> > > > - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> > > > - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> > > > - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> > > > - Forge (same as custom games)
> > > > - Theater [CHECK]
> > > >
> > > > In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!
> > >
> > > are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.
> >
> > I have enough faith 343i will get it right. :wink:
>
> well thats your opinion, unless 343 announces more they are gonna lose some salesssss.

You realize that us as a whole, the community that cares about something like the ranking system, wouldn’t make a huge difference in sales.

> > > > > Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
> > > > >
> > > > > - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> > > > > - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> > > > > - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> > > > > - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> > > > > - Forge (same as custom games)
> > > > > - Theater [CHECK]
> > > > >
> > > > > In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!
> > > >
> > > > are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.
> > >
> > > I have enough faith 343i will get it right. :wink:
> >
> > well thats your opinion, unless 343 announces more they are gonna lose some salesssss.
>
> You realize that us as a whole, the community that cares about something like the ranking system, wouldn’t make a huge difference in sales.

not jsut the ranking system, just more stuff in general
ok then, what if people in gamestop look at the back of halo 4 and say, that looks alot like call of duty…
ALOT of peolpe do that. im not talking about campaign, im talking about MP.

> > > > > > Here’s my checklist for what they should stop revealing more information for:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > - Campaign [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the Ancient Enemy pre release.
> > > > > > - War Games [CHECK] MUST: Not reveal the ranking system pre release.
> > > > > > - Spartan Ops (reveal a few more details in terms of story)
> > > > > > - Custom Games (show a small glimpse of the level of customization of settings available)
> > > > > > - Forge (same as custom games)
> > > > > > - Theater [CHECK]
> > > > > >
> > > > > > In all honestly I would be perfectly happy if they stopped revealing any more information from this point. It would be extremely close to the balance between knowing what your buying and not knowing so much the game feels boring. Just showcase some fresh gameplay and trailers and we’ll be good to go!
> > > > >
> > > > > are you high? This would help settle a LOT of issues and conflicts amongst the community, and help ease minds.
> > > >
> > > > I have enough faith 343i will get it right. :wink:
> > >
> > > well thats your opinion, unless 343 announces more they are gonna lose some salesssss.
> >
> > You realize that us as a whole, the community that cares about something like the ranking system, wouldn’t make a huge difference in sales.
>
> not jsut the ranking system, just more stuff in general
> ok then, what if people in gamestop look at the back of halo 4 and say, that looks alot like call of duty…
> ALOT of peolpe do that. im not talking about campaign, im talking about MP.

True, I never thought of it that way. I’ll edit my post.

have to agree with you OP, even though some things are pretty much necessary to the halo franchise I think they shouldn’t tell every single detail about the game before its release.

I would rather be shock and awed then be disappointed and let down.

I’m going dark around September, besides Forward Unto Dawn, but I don’t think 343i is gonna reveal the Ancient Evil before November 6th.

I have a feeling that forge is going to be a huge surprise, as well as campaign. I think 343 was actually setting us up with that gameplay demo, if you remember Chief and Cortana didn’t even know what they were fighting, they were basically making guesses, as well as us. I think we are going to be in for something with Halo 4 and despite all the hate it’s getting right now, I trust 343 to blow all of our minds.

> I have a feeling that forge is going to be a huge surprise, as well as campaign. I think 343 was actually setting us up with that gameplay demo, if you remember Chief and Cortana didn’t even know what they were fighting, they were basically making guesses, as well as us. I think we are going to be in for something with Halo 4 and despite all the hate it’s getting right now, I trust 343 to blow all of our minds.

I heard a rumor that there’s gonna be a big Forge reveal at Comic-Con, similar to what Reach did for the announcement.

No not check. The campaign cinematics must be elaborated on. Who in their right mind would want a great big tease in the place of a real battle? I’m looking at you Reach.