Do NOT pre-order Halo 5

If you wish to purchase, sure go ahead and buy it. But do not pre-order it. The reason we are getting really bad launch experience is because of those pre-orders.These companies push to sale their products on release date, so they can grab the money. When you pre-order a game you’re already giving them money and thats what they want. Don’t pre-order, just buy it when it comes out

I’ll make my own informed opinions about what I want to do with my money and how and when I support the companies I choose to. Thank you very much.

> 2533274823340497;1:
> If you wish to purchase, sure go ahead and buy it. But do not pre-order it. The reason we are getting really bad launch experience is because of those pre-orders.These companies push to sale their products on release date, so they can grab the money. When you pre-order a game you’re already giving them money and thats what they want. Don’t pre-order, just buy it when it comes out

In pre ordering the $250 version, and there is nothing you cab do to stop me.

I’m preording, because they are doing a Beta. I didn’t preorder MCC, because I had a feeling that with so much game modes and maps and ext, that they would have some problems, most game that don’t do a server tests do.

But since we are testing it out now, I’m more confident in this game.

I dont pre order and i dont buy this -Yoink- :wink:

Who cares.

I’ll be pre-ordering both the Limited-Collectors Edition and the Halo 5 Xbox One ( I don’t think it’s announced yet but we all know there will be one).

If you are going for a standard edition, there is no point, op is right. If you want a collectors edition, I think there is an acception because its physical content that you know will work, because you know, physical.

> 2533274823340497;1:
> If you wish to purchase, sure go ahead and buy it. But do not pre-order it. The reason we are getting really bad launch experience is because of those pre-orders.These companies push to sale their products on release date, so they can grab the money. When you pre-order a game you’re already giving them money and thats what they want. Don’t pre-order, just buy it when it comes out

I still don’t get this argument. If they already have your money, why would they push to release it earlier? Wouldn’t it be better justification for them to push it being able to show the publisher that they’ve already recouped their money, so they don’t have to push it out?

FWIW I don’t pre-order anymore because it’s pretty pointless, but the argument that pre-orders are causing unfinished games doesn’t make sense imo.

> 2535444904892938;6:
> Who cares.

You will when the game is broken at launch.

> 2533274850287173;4:
> I’m preording, because they are doing a Beta. I didn’t preorder MCC, because I had a feeling that with so much game modes and maps and ext, that they would have some problems, most game that don’t do a server tests do.
>
> But since we are testing it out now, I’m more confident in this game.

Just because there is a beta does not mean the game wont be broken, during almost a year of time between beta and release more game breaking bugs could pop up.

The point the OP is trying to make is pre-orders are cash in hand. It’s basically telling them that they got X number of people by their wallets before even giving them the full game.

On the one hand yes, you are showing them your loyalty to either the game or the developer. Which is a blind and rather unwise mistake to make. Or you could genuinely like and be interested in the product that is being made, collectors edition items and you want to support it. Which is fine, yet you run the risk of supporting a game thats busted and no one will be to blame but you in the end.

However if we stop giving these developers cash upfront for a game they know is going to win you over based on it’s name alone, then maybe just maybe they’ll have something to sweat about again. Cause if they don’t have the pre-order sales numbers that dont come close to paying for the amount owing to the publisher, it puts the right pressure on them to make sure the game is solid when it hits the market to avoid bad reviews hurting their sales.

Bottom line is, the consumer needs to start sending a message that AAA titles need to live up to being AAA titles out of the gate. No more day one (or two or three) patch nonsense. The only way that message is going to reach their ears is by limiting the pre-orders and making them earn the week one purchases. (Even though we all know our inner fanboy will make us crack closer to launch and get that pre-order)

> 2533274809361619;2:
> I’ll make my own informed opinions about what I want to do with my money and how and when I support the companies I choose to. Thank you very much.

This ^^^

Ok for everyone preordering I have a question. Why? There’s absolutly no benefit in pre ordering. 10 years ago there was a reason because distributers would run out of games and you would have to wait a week to get a copy. Now days you have digital and and the way the gaming community has grown, distributers get way more stock resulting in left over games no matter how many preorders. Gaming company’s now don’t have to polish there games since they already have the money. So that’s why most of the games that are released now have the mentality of “release now, fix later”