Do not buy the Map Pack until Specializations

As consumers, it’s time to vote with our wallets. I encourage everyone to refuse to buy the upcoming map pack until everyone is sent their specialization email. Let’s send a strong message to 343 that we will not tolerate their blame dodging and silence.

Just don’t buy the map pack period. They look awful.

I’m buying 2 map packs.

Of course I bought the LE AND had my email address correct on both of my XBL accounts, so I got all of the codes I was supposed to.
Amazing what happens when you research before purchase AND are responsible enough to make sure your info is correct.

[deleted]

so you want to tell the halo community to boycot halo… good luck lol

> I’m buying 2 map packs.
>
> Of course I bought the LE AND had my email address correct on both of my XBL accounts, so I got all of the codes I was supposed to.
> Amazing what happens when you research before purchase AND are responsible enough to make sure your info is correct.

most peoples emails and info WAS correct
like mine

its amazing how you can NOT look like a complete tool when you know what youre talking about

Look around the forums at the number of complaints on “dead” or old accounts. Most people didn’t even know how to check which account was being used.

> I’m buying 2 map packs.
>
> Of course I bought the LE AND had my email address correct on both of my XBL accounts, so I got all of the codes I was supposed to.
> Amazing what happens when you research before purchase AND are responsible enough to make sure your info is correct.

You actually believe that about the reason being incorrect or invalid e-mails? That is a lie put out by Microsoft’s PR department, as I did not initially receive my codes through e-mail (and never did, got the codes via Live message later) though my e-mail is valid and has been the same one on file with Microsoft for nearly 10 years. I have no problems receiving any other notices from Microsoft, Xbox, or Xbox Rewards - Microsoft just screwed up and tried to lay the blame off on customer’s, which was wrong and kinda made me mad about the situation (though not raging like many others have).

So don’t try to flamebait people when you obviously do not know what the deal is. A small percentage of people may have had incorrect or invalid e-mail information, but not over 1000 forum pages of people made that error - and that does not include the many who do not even go to the forums or had even been aware that they might be entitled to the specialization codes. This was ALL Microsoft’s fault.

I bought the LE (such a waste of money), so I have no problem with the Specializations, though it’s terrible how Microsoft is mishandling them. The dreadful looking first map pack is just a bonus.

Well, a week ago I planed to buy the season pass. But I had to update my visa information.
Lucky I found out that I won’t get pass lvl 70 becaus I live in europe… I’m glad I didn’t pay yet.

I bought evrything from halo the day the orriginal xbox came out. I was even a freaking Playstation fanboy. Until the day I played a halo match on a prerelease party back in the day. Convinced day one, and bought evrything. Even halo wars and fake lego brick boxes.

And thats how they reward my loyalty? I’ll be honest, I was going to pass halo 4, until I got caught by microsoft wonderful hype train the weeks before release

I just hope 343i starts to understand what they have done, and then they will get al my money they want. I’ll even preorder halo 5 ultra limited online all unlock edition!

I’m only interested in forge and custom games, so I’m not going to buy map packs with maps in them that have little forge potential.

I don’t care about specializations/rank/armor and all that pointless nonsense you’re crying about.

I’m in the same boat as Op. I refuse to spend more money on a game when they are screwing so many players. All specializations should have been unlocked for EVERYONE from the start…but 343i had to have some bs to put in a LE to get more money out of people. The idea that they wanted to control leveling is complete crap. What point would restricting everyone’s level really make? Besides pisssing everyone off apparently. I went to the midnight launch and have been playing since day one…now I have to sit a 70 while people who didn’t care to be one of the first to play the game get to catch up…it’s 343 not caring about their loyal fan base and trying to reach out to new players.

I say screw new players…if you are a dedicated gamer and at this point in your life had not played halo or thought badly of it…why would the 4th game in the series drag you in? I have played Halo my whole life. Yes I had played games like LoZ and RE before I played halo on the comp. but it was Halo that truly got me into gaming. It started my passion for shooting games…for the competive gaming.

I’m not buying the Crimson map pack anyway, all the maps look so boring and unoriginal

I’ll buy the map pack when ever i want to thanks, not when you tell me too.

Are specializations really that important,
I’m in the U.K, i don’t get them, i’m at SR-70 and i still play as much as i did before hitting that rank, Why?
Because i enjoy the game and i honestly don’t care about what SR i am.

and No, i’m not a “casual”

i have the specializations… so no

I also want to point out that MOST people that play are under 17. I’m pretty sure of it. Unless YOU show me other-wise. But if the gamertag associated with someone under 17, they don’t get the email. Simple as that.