Do not bow to the PC whiners

Please 343, do not appease these clowns who complain constantly about aim assist and magnetism with the controller. Not only would it be out of character for your company to finally listen to a large crowd of people screaming for what we want, but it would also completely take away that this is a traditional game with traditional values. This all reminds me of how back in the day people used to squeal the exact words “IF I COULD PLUG IN MY MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ID #@$^# ALL OVER YOU!”. Well here we are folks, an ERA where auto-aim is on every major PC game such as CoD, OW, Apex Legends, but its only Halo where people seem to be so underdeveloped and unskilled they immediately try to take away from more experienced players. IMHO keep any criticisms you hear about the MCC PC launch the hell away from Infinite’s development.

High profile players getting behind the idea that aim assist in its current state is too powerful and could very well be toned down -> complaing clowns. Alrighty then

It would take away what exactly? From this game you seem to have seen, as it’s a traditional game with traditional values. In what way, traditional game? And in what way traditional values?

As far as I’ve heard, aim assist in other games isn’t as powerful as it’s currently on Reach. However, that would be kind of besides the point. Why does that matter? Putting it in a binary setting completely neglects the actual power of the mechanic.

So, considering it’s that tone;
Is this where I ask if you’re against the idea of reducing the power of aim assist because you can’t play without it? That you’re relying on it to get stuff done in the game?

That’s some great advice, i343 is most likely relying on MCC to put Halo on the PC maps, where there’s a huge potential for a playerbase and additionally e-sports. Ignoring feedback for MCC PC when developing Infinite is quite genious.

> 2533274795123910;2:
> High profile players (Summit and shills who said H5 was the bestest competitive game EVAR) getting behind the idea that aim assist in its current state is too powerful and could very well be toned down → complaing clowns. Alrighty then
> I mean high profile players have been caught shilling and complaining about the wrong things over the years.
> It would take away what exactly?
> Years of experience from players who have adapted to playing the game a certain way, oh and actually kept the game afloat.
> From this game you seem to have seen, as it’s a traditional game with traditional values. In what way, traditional game? And in what way traditional values?
> I mean it literally uses an axial and radial aiming mechanic that have been nearly the same for twenty years, the only thing thats changed is its dead zones and your ability control said cardinal aiming zones. That all being aside, it’s weapons don’t vary in difference between games, the developement of each game follows a rustic and family grown style of making it’s games since the beggining. The way they roadmap developement has been the same since Halo Reach and wasn’t even much different before Reach.
> As far as I’ve heard, (Which clearly isn’t much) aim assist in other games isn’t as powerful as it’s currently on Reach.
> LOL Maybe you should go play them then instead of going off what you hear. Let it be known that this mans sources are infallible. Smh at you.
>
>
> However, that would be kind of besides the point.
> Because you saying its asides the point makes it actually aside the point, gotcha…
> Why does that matter?
> For numerous other reasons I have already explained.
> Putting it in a **???**binary setting??? completely neglects the actual power of the mechanic.
> Do you just hear or see words that smarter people use and try to use them coherently as your own ideas?
> So, considering it’s that tone;
> It isn’t and it was incredibly easy to disect you desperately trying to reeeeeeach for this conclussion
> Is this where I ask if you’re against the idea of reducing the power of aim assist because you can’t play without it? That you’re relying on it to get stuff done in the game?
> The irony of this statement is I play equally well on both mouse and keyboard and controller in mid 30’s hardcore on PC Reach right now. I bounce back and forth because both are respectively better at different things. So I guess that means WOMWOMMMMMM WRONG I am just here to support the people who I know will be the most vocally upset if they make pivital changes to a game thats been at a core played the same way for nearly two decades.
> That’s some great advice,
> Better than yours i’d say, it was fun gutting you to look like an ignaramous.
> i343 is most likely relying on MCC to put Halo on the PC maps,
> I mean prove they have any intentions other than making money, but you do tend to make a habit reeeeeeeeeaching for conclussions.
> where there’s a huge potential for a playerbase and additionally e-sports.
> That potential still exists??? It’s been there since Halo 2?
> Ignoring whiners for MCC PC when developing Infinite is quite genious.
> Agreed

Anyone else?

Aim assist needs to be turned down a bit. Don’t completely remove it because then it would just be unfair but it is a little too strong right now at close to mid range.

If you can be constructive feel free to use the existing thread on this.