Do I just suck now or is it my connection/set up

It might be that I don’t put hours in daily on the game like I used to but it seems that I am not getting the kills like I used to compared to playing Halo CE, 2 & 3 back in the day. I don’t think my skills have suffered that much from a little less free time to play. Halo is basically the only game(s) I have had time to play over the past couple years - Its not like I took years off from playing.

I am guessing my slow DSL connection (~2Mb/s) would be the main culprit. My NAT is moderate (fixing that tonight). It seems to take 7+ shots to take someone down with the BR lately when usually it was about 4-5

But should the dedicated servers help with that at all. Is there anything else to do to help with this besides getting more bandwidth??

No it’s not just you, I’ve been having the same problems since day one with Halo 2 anniversary and Halo 4, appears Halo 2 classic and Halo 3 are fine. My guns don’t do damage or it takes more than necessary shots to kill someone. Point blank shotgun just scratches them, sword lunges are useless, grenades take a few seconds to actually throw after I press left trigger, melee does nothing but give players high fives. Its a glaring problem that needs fixing right away.

It is your dsl connection but only because you upload is maxed out. I have the same issue h2a demands spikes of 1 meg upload speed and causes packet loss due to this. H3 and others only us a steady 100 - 200 kbps up. It’s a net code issue that needs to be addressed but everyone that has higher up speed don’t see these issues of grenade lag and br shots only using one bullet per shot in some cases bullets don’t even leave the clip it’s aggravating to say the least!

same, i am assuming its connection…i always count when i shoot someone and taking 7 shots to take someone down with a br indicates to me my connection is causing a lag or latency issue which in results a shot noy registering.

10/1 mbs from Spain open nat. Lag 10% or less but latency problems maybe 70% of my games like last days of H3. A big bullsh*t… waiting servers on

> 2533274799242654;2:
> No it’s not just you, I’ve been having the same problems since day one with Halo 2 anniversary and Halo 4, appears Halo 2 classic and Halo 3 are fine. My guns don’t do damage or it takes more than necessary shots to kill someone. Point blank shotgun just scratches them, sword lunges are useless, grenades take a few seconds to actually throw after I press left trigger, melee does nothing but give players high fives. Its a glaring problem that needs fixing right away.

No, Halo2 Classic has big netcode problems. It’s far from fine. I avoid Halo3 like the plague so,I can’t comment on how it’s really playing.

i been playing halo 3 more mainly bc it seems the mkst stable

I have no lag in h2a. 110down 10up

> 2533274818588068;8:
> I have no lag in h2a. 110down 10up

Of course not it doesn’t pull 10 meg up throttle your Xbox to 1 meg and tell me how well it works

> 2533274802169391;9:
> > 2533274818588068;8:
> > I have no lag in h2a. 110down 10up
>
>
> Of course not it doesn’t pull 10 meg up throttle your Xbox to 1 meg and tell me how well it works

I get 1 meg upload, and I don’t have any lag problems.

Definitely your dsl

It takes 5-6 shots for me to kill somebody. Every time.

> 2605654070139505;6:
> > 2533274799242654;2:
> > No it’s not just you, I’ve been having the same problems since day one with Halo 2 anniversary and Halo 4, appears Halo 2 classic and Halo 3 are fine. My guns don’t do damage or it takes more than necessary shots to kill someone. Point blank shotgun just scratches them, sword lunges are useless, grenades take a few seconds to actually throw after I press left trigger, melee does nothing but give players high fives. Its a glaring problem that needs fixing right away.
>
>
>
> No, Halo2 Classic has big netcode problems. It’s far from fine. I avoid Halo3 like the plague so,I can’t comment on how it’s really playing.

I can honestly say Halo 3 is the most stable of them all. I agree, H2C is pretty suspect at times. I was stuck on respawn timer for the remainder of the game, which was abut a minute.

Not only was that game like 48-49, it was so close, yet I couldn’t do anything but watch my teammates be down a player. Since when did H2C start using limited lives lol?

When you are playing on peer to peer then your connection does play a part but it really depends on the netcode. You could have 100mbps internet and the netcode could give host to someone on dsl on the other side of the world. It’s called lag compensation.

> 2625759425614991;1:
> It might be that I don’t put hours in daily on the game like I used to but it seems that I am not getting the kills like I used to compared to playing Halo CE, 2 & 3 back in the day. I don’t think my skills have suffered that much from a little less free time to play. Halo is basically the only game(s) I have had time to play over the past couple years - Its not like I took years off from playing.
>
> I am guessing my slow DSL connection (~2Mb/s) would be the main culprit. My NAT is moderate (fixing that tonight). It seems to take 7+ shots to take someone down with the BR lately when usually it was about 4-5
>
> But should the dedicated servers help with that at all. Is there anything else to do to help with this besides getting more bandwidth??

It isn’t just you. I have a 120 Mbps dn, 12 Mbps up connection with no packet loss, 0 ms jitter (stability) and a very good ping. It can take me up to 7 headshots to kill, sometimes I can throw in a couple of beatdowns on top of that too. The amount of headshots appears to vary massively, not just from player to player or game to game, but from one encounter to another. It’s this kind of -Yoink- randomness that screws my game up, because most times you open fire and risk potentially exposing yourself to incoming fire it should be with a plan. However, if the fight continues for longer than you calculated, you’ll most likely end up dead from shots from across the map, even after winning the original engagement. That’s what annoys me the most.

Problem is that it could be load on the host connection, or load on the engaging opponents connection, or could also be made worse by something in the game code. If you get a better connection, you’ll likely die faster, and may not kill any quicker. Remember, network traffic flows both ways between several connections. The only way everyone will get a little closer to the answer is to get off this p2p crap and onto dedicated servers. See you’ve also got people on poor connections streaming games too, when their connections can barely cope with the game and their families internet usage as it is. Internet based gaming will never be perfect, but servers will help reduce some of the frustrations.

At the moment it’s aweful in H2A, H2C & H3 is worse. I’ve watched pros complain about it too. My friend says the most important part of the game is teamwork; maybe so, but with a shooter, shots should register consistently, otherwise we might as well all go and play Fifa.

Its not your connection. Its the game. It was designed badly and lag/bullet registration effects almost everyone. Hope is there but minimal for a fix.

I am consistently 22 down and 12 up Chicagoland. Game is working pretty well since the last update.

thank God someone made a thread on this , I thought I was the only one that noticed…I’m no great player by any means , but i’ve been HORRIBLE since the mcc came out

I think it might be there servers, i just got out of a game on Zenith where dual SMG’s lost to a single SMG and then the AR lost to an SMG when it’s suppose to be stronger and i was pretty close to the guy wtf

My DL is 2 MB/s and I never lag in Halo 2.
I would always laugh in lobbies when someone said they sucked because it was their connection.