Do I have to start from scratch if I buy new game?

I lost my Halo Reach disc! :frowning:

Now I’m thinking about buying a new digital copy from the Xbox store. But I’m a bit scared that if I do that I have to start from scratch with my character.

Anyone ever done this and know what will happen?

• Will Xbox recognize my gamertag and automatically reload my profile? (I can still see my character and progression on Halo Waypoint)
  • Or will Xbox recognize a new copy of Halo Reach and give me a new character?

Thanks for any help!

if you buy a new disc then you won’t have to start over, don’ worry. Your progress will be stores on your console and on Waypoint’s servers if you have a Gold account. As soon as you get a new disc or a digital copy you can continue from where you left off :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;2:
> if you buy a new disc then you won’t have to start over, don’ worry. Your progress will be stores on your console and on Waypoint’s servers if you have a Gold account. As soon as you get a new disc or a digital copy you can continue from where you left off :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I will buy a digital copy then. It is also more handy than a disc. :slight_smile: (Can’t lose a digital copy!)

> 2533274813317074;2:
> if you buy a new disc then you won’t have to start over, don’ worry. Your progress will be stores on your console and on Waypoint’s servers if you have a Gold account. As soon as you get a new disc or a digital copy you can continue from where you left off :slight_smile:

This worked! I played it yesterday for the first time in about 5 years.

Buying a digital copy for Halo 4 will probably work exactly the same? Not planning on doing it anytime soon. 40 euro’s is a bit too much for such an old game.

Yeah that will work exactly the same :slight_smile:

As long as you haven’t deleted your old account information then it will still play just fine. As with almost any game; as long as you haven’t deleted your old saves/accounts then you can just use any game disc to play and pick up right where you left off.

you should be fine if you didn’t delete the games installation, the disk is basically just the rights to play the game.

If it’s the same account then no.

um… is this meant to be a joke?

if not, then youre account has all of your game data if its been saved (and reach has an auto save function), so you don’t need the same disc or even the same xbox in certin cases, just your account

> 2533274850734574;9:
> um… is this meant to be a joke?
>
> if not, then youre account has all of your game data if its been saved (and reach has an auto save function), so you don’t need the same disc or even the same xbox in certin cases, just your account

Yeah, I posted this question more than a week ago and I got the answer from stckrboy the same day. I tried it out and replied to him the next day that it worked.

As long as you use the same account you played it on originally, game data is stored on the account, not the disc. :slight_smile: