Do Halo 5 need a server selection

Do you think, Halo 5 needs an option for the players to select the server/region their getting connected to for Multiplayer?
Background: many players suffer from latency issues; especially if not living in north America as most servers are located in the USA. Thus, shots, melee attacks or overrunning someone is not registered properly in many games. Get connected to a server nearby would fix this issue.
It’s a known issue since the Beta by the way and the promise to fix this via server-selection was cancelled only weeks before the game was released.
If you like to learn more on this issue and see many video-examples, see this thread (139 pages already): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts
Consider, about 1/3 of the customers can’t play the game on a fair basis, many of them quit already due to this issue.

Server selection may be an improvement but it’s not a cure. They need a more comprehensive solution.

What happens if I am in the U.S and I choose a EU Server because my regional server isn’t populated at that time or I want to play with an oversea’s friend? Is that fair to those in the EU that chose a local server for me to be in their lobby?

I am not saying I don’t want improvements in the Matchmaking server selections but I don’t think them just giving us the server choice does that. There are more variables.

I would exploit the 5h!t out of this and play only in Latin American countries and pwn them badly…

> 2535467402767262;3:
> I would exploit the 5h!t out of this and play only in Latin American countries and pwn them badly…

I guess you wouldn’t if facing the latency issues we have in many games. Connecting to servers some thousand miles away from you would rather open your eyes.

> 2533274910061886;2:
> Server selection may be an improvement but it’s not a cure. They need a more comprehensive solution.
> What happens if I am in the U.S and I choose a EU Server because my regional server isn’t populated at that time or I want to play with an oversea’s friend? Is that fair to those in the EU that chose a local server for me to be in their lobby?
> I am not saying I don’t want improvements in the Matchmaking server selections but I don’t think them just giving us the server choice does that. There are more variables.

The problems you describe are already there for EU-Players - we don’t have a choice, most times we play with bad latency on US-Servers, no matter if our partys only consist of Europeans and we only play against Europeans. If you want to play with your european friends and they are the majority of your group, the game should be on EU-Servers, so the majority of the players can have fun :wink:
I agree that it would be the best, if 343 would fix this without the regions get split, but I don’t see that happen.

please! Playing on US servers is my only complain -.-

Absolutely 100% yes. No explanation why this is needed is required for anyone with more than half a braincell.

> 2533274910061886;2:
> Server selection may be an improvement but it’s not a cure. They need a more comprehensive solution.
> What happens if I am in the U.S and I choose a EU Server because my regional server isn’t populated at that time or I want to play with an oversea’s friend? Is that fair to those in the EU that chose a local server for me to be in their lobby?
> I am not saying I don’t want improvements in the Matchmaking server selections but I don’t think them just giving us the server choice does that. There are more variables.

Yes, you get the disadvantage, they get the advantage. It’s fairly simple, they’ll have a 100+ millisecond lead on you an you’ll seem like a noob to them, always slow to react when you’re being shot, and missing a lot of shots. But then you chose to play with a higher ping, so it’s fair.

The problem at the moment is that we don’t get any choice, and are constantly thrown into high latency matches. Literally 9/10 games.

Some elitist would say “hell naw, it would be so casual, and i’m a pR0 mLg eSL 420 4life…” and it will…and we want that more than a casual playlist… WE NEED TO CHOSE THE BEST SERVER AND JOIN IN…
Just put the search engine in a casual/social playlist and keep the rest like always… Battlefield style…

Count me among the frustrated, too.

I simply don’t get that we play on servers with no region select whatsoever.
If you get randomly connected to any server while 90% of them are located in the US, it’s just telling that Europe/UK/Australia is of no value to them.
When Halo 5 was announced I had high hopes to finally play a fair and responsive Halo to test my skliis against other players and not against the connection, again.
Especially with how the marketing campaign hyped their focus on competitive gaming… and then we get just slapped in the face.
it’s a sad joke! It is insulting my intelligence that they encourage us to play competitive without region select.

this also a problem when living in atlantic Canada,and you connect to west coast Can/US.I even get connected to Europe.So frustrating.If they don’t add server selection to H5,I won’t be buying the next Halo.And i’ve been playing religiously since day 1 CE

They definitely need to add this option especially since now you can get banned because of a bad connection to the server…

Yes I thing the same.

I’d definitely like to see them add this option if it gives me access to a greater population of players close to the same rank as me.

Other than swat, the latency is manageable to a degree.

Add server selector and Ping value. Please.

> 2533274803204759;4:
> > 2535467402767262;3:
> > I would exploit the 5h!t out of this and play only in Latin American countries and pwn them badly…
>
>
> I guess you wouldn’t if facing the latency issues we have in many games. Connecting to servers some thousand miles away from you would rather open your eyes.
>
>
> > 2533274910061886;2:
> > Server selection may be an improvement but it’s not a cure. They need a more comprehensive solution.
> > What happens if I am in the U.S and I choose a EU Server because my regional server isn’t populated at that time or I want to play with an oversea’s friend? Is that fair to those in the EU that chose a local server for me to be in their lobby?
> > I am not saying I don’t want improvements in the Matchmaking server selections but I don’t think them just giving us the server choice does that. There are more variables.
>
>
> The problems you describe are already there for EU-Players - we don’t have a choice, most times we play with bad latency on US-Servers, no matter if our partys only consist of Europeans and we only play against Europeans. If you want to play with your european friends and they are the majority of your group, the game should be on EU-Servers, so the majority of the players can have fun :wink:
> I agree that it would be the best, if 343 would fix this without the regions get split, but I don’t see that happen.

Exactly this. Makes the game playable for non american players where gameplay is seriously affected playing on the wrong server

I want to pick the server and see my ping.