Do Covenant ships have glass?

Throughout the many Halo games featuring covenant interiors, i’ve noticed transparent inclines that resemble glass within various walls that can’t be seen on the exterior of the ship they reside in. I took notice of this same situation on the map Snowbound, with one side of ‘glass’ looking opaque whilst the opposing side is transparent. Any answers or thoughts?

I haven’t paid attention to this before, but if I had to guess, I’d say it’s like a one way mirror. Similar to interrogation rooms and the like where one side is clear and the other side is opaque.

I think they’re screens… or the alien equivalent. The Covenant don’t have the same attachment to windows that humans have, and even put their bridges in the center-most part of their ships. Also, we know from the Forerunner Saga that the Forerunners could make their ships entirely invisible from the inside, so it could be that the Covenant used this technology in a limited capacity to create the effect of windows without sacrificing hull integrity.

> 2533274883501878;3:
> I think they’re screens… or the alien equivalent. The Covenant don’t have the same attachment to windows that humans have, and even put their bridges in the center-most part of their ships. Also, we know from the Forerunner Saga that the Forerunners could make their ships entirely invisible from the inside, so it could be that the Covenant used this technology in a limited capacity to create the effect of windows without sacrificing hull integrity.

Let’s not forger the Covenant Corvette from Reach. The bridge is at the front of the ship and there are no visible windows of any sort, which implies that they have sensors studding across the hull of the ship in that air and then projecting the data from the exterior sensors up onto the inner hull plating to produce the ‘window’ effect.

That would be some wicked technology in real life! Just have the ability to make a wall become transparent or create a reflective view of the outside!

While it is probably not made of glass (compressed sand), and likely some sort of plastic interwoven with metal, I will agree with the others and say the Covenant ripped some Forerunner tech and made one-way glass of a kind.