Do any vehicles have points of weakness?

This is for my pure curiosity if any of the vehicles have areas that are considered weak points that players would want to aim for to take them out? Or is it simply a blanket shield all around and you will get the same results no matter where you shoot at?
Thanks in advance for any civil replies.

Ghost
Fuel tank
Left side
But you probably knew that already.

I think the tires on Warthogs are weak points. And the treads on Scorpions. Not sure, but I seem to recall something about that being the case in Halo: Reach and I would assume that would still be the case in Halo 4.

warthog, gas tanks(red) in back

Banshee - none
Mantis - none
Warthog/ghost/mongoose just aim for the driver.

Ok , so to those that highlighted specific areas, have you ever seen or personally taken a vehicle out from shooting said area and destroy it as the end result?

> Banshee - none
> Mantis - none
> Warthog/ghost/mongoose just aim for the driver.

Mantis was one I was really curious on. That’s unfortunate.

> Ghost
> Fuel tank
> Left side
> But you probably knew that already.

actually, no.
really, try it for yourself.
this only worked in halo 2 (and reach?).

OP :
no, no weaker points.

I know this topic is quite old now, but I’ve been experimenting myself recently and was looking to see if anyone else has found any points of weakness I may have missed.

I would like to point out that both the Wraith and Scorpion have weak spots which when targeted will reveal the driver who can then be targeted independently of the vehicle. This is best taken advantage of with a sniper weapon.

Scorpion has a “cockpit” like structure just under the main cannon and to the left as if you were driving it.
Current tests using the human sniper rifle put a full health Scorpion as taking ten rounds of sniper fire till it blows. If you shoot the cockpit it will open with two shots of a sniper rifle revealing the head of the driver to be killed with a third shot.

With the Wraith the “cockpit” is a small crescent “window” front and central of the vehicle just on the brow of the bulge at the front. The Wraith also takes ten rounds with a sniper rifle to blow but only one shot is required to reveal the driver, however unlike the Scorpion where the drivers head is visible from a level plane, the Wraith driver is still mostly concealed unless you have the height advantage.

In both cases once the driver is exposed any damage that would normally kill a player will kill the driver if directed at him/her, regardless of wether the vehicle is damaged enough or not. This includes a 5 shot DMR/BR or a well placed grenade.

I did other tests with the other vehicles and found no obvious weaknesses. The Warthogs take no more damage when shot at from the back (fuel tanks) as they do from the front. My conclusion would be the fuel tanks are cosmetic only.

If anyone has anything else to share it would be great to hear from you.

Vehicle armor shouldnt even be damaged by bullets. This was a stupid (cant stress that enough) mechanic that was added into reach because people werent competent enough to find power weapons or the plasma pistol, board the enemy vehicle, or maybe even…shoot the driver out of the vehicle?

Nope.

And the only reason it was in ce for the AR and pistol was because the only power weapon available were rockets and grenades. The more recent halo games (reach and halo 4) have multiple power weapons, but we still have this absolutely stupid mechanic present.

tbh i think that the Backside of the mantis is probably the weakest point if a Gauss is pointing at it, and i think the little gap between the aerofoils on a banshee is quite weak too.

> tbh i think that the Backside of the mantis is probably the weakest point if a Gauss is pointing at it, and i think the little gap between the aerofoils on a banshee is quite weak too.

Please check the date before posting.
Necroposting is against the forum rules.

please refrain from reviving old threads.