do alot of people still play this game online on the PC?

i just bought this game on amazon for my pc and im worried that the online will be as barren as halp ce for the pc…and does this game work on windows 7? i read REALLY bad reviews on amazon.

There’s usually a total of 40-odd active games (player-hosted and server-based) when I get on, which is in the GMT-evening. There are several active clans, and the map-making community has produced enough maps to fill your map folder to overflowing (literally - there’s a limit of 50 on the number of maps in that folder the game will pick up. Maps over that number won’t be detected. You can shuffle maps in and out of the folder as you need them, but it’s a bit tedious).

It does work with Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit). To find that out beforehand, rather than reading reviews, it would have been easier to check the Microsoft website, which has (somewhere) a list of OS compatibilities for a lot of programs, games and otherwise.

Halo CE is not “barren”, but h2v does have a smaller community than halo CE. I say community because that’s what it is; you’ll never have fun if you don’t get to know the poeple.

Halo 2 Population as of 1:42pm CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (46)

Halo 2 Population as of 5:11pm CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (55)

> Halo CE is not “barren”

I don’t know why someone would ever say it’s “barren”. In fact:

Halo Custom Edition v1.00 Population as of 1:50 CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (1,462)

Halo Custom Edition v1.09 Population as of 1:50 CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (134)

Halo: Combat Evolved v1.09 Population as of 1:54 CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (383)

I still play it :D…Mainly customs though

> I still play it :D…Mainly customs though

There’s just customs, though? What are you talking about?

Edit:

Alright. Just went on to get a screenshot of Halo 2’s population:

Halo 2 Population as of 5:11pm CST (-6:00 GMT) February 27, 2012 (55)

i got it yesterday and iv been getting fun matches all day and night!!!

u should get it and hop on the more the better…

tell your friends to get it too

this game is still the -Yoink-

Halo 2 Forever till nobody plays at all period!!!

You’re sure to find a few servers that are almost full (Almost always on District or Coagulation) and maybe a dozen at the most with only up to half a dozen people. Either then that there are not that many people, however playing it a bit over a year ago before I got a 360 was a total blast for the most part.