DNF & TK player stats on Waypoint

I have been assisting in accepting requests to my Spartan Company recently and I have been viewing player stats on Waypoint to see if their play style is something that would benefit our Company or not.

Now… This got me thinking.

Why doesn’t Waypoint have separate stats for how often a player Does Not Finish (DNF) a match?
I can scroll through recent games played and see when a player DNF and the more I see THIS the less likely I am to consider their request to join. I just wish their was a seperate option to view ONLY DNF matches to see if this happens to be a common practice with THAT particular player.

Same thing with Team Killers (TK).
I have looked all over Waypoint and dont see any TK stats listed for anyone.
Why?
This is ALSO something I’d like to know about someone before accepting their request to join our Company. Wouldn’t want to accept someone that is going to be problematic during a game on a regular basis.

Is there a reason why these stats are not included? Is this something that would be a benefit to Waypoint? Would really appreciate some thoughts and feedback from the community on THIS one.

I accidently posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in General Discussion

> 2533274970252675;2:
> I accidently posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in General Discussion

I got you.

As for why DNF stats and betrayal stats aren’t tracked like other stats, it could be to prevent witchhunting and targeted attacks. Just because someone has a high quit percentage or betrays a lot doesn’t mean they deserve to be publicly called out on it. That sort of thing is handled on the backend by the game.

> 2533274817408735;3:
> > 2533274970252675;2:
> > I accidently posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in General Discussion
>
> I got you.
>
> As for why DNF stats and betrayal stats aren’t tracked like other stats, it could be to prevent witchhunting and targeted attacks. Just because someone has a high quit percentage or betrays a lot doesn’t mean they deserve to be publicly called out on it. That sort of thing is handled on the backend by the game.

Thanks for helping this get in the correct section.

I don’t completely disagree with that logic. It DOES make sense and I get it… but if I’m considering someone for Spartan Company enlistment it would be nice to know more about their “play style”. DNF & TK stats are part of THAT style.

> 2533274970252675;4:
> > 2533274817408735;3:
> > > 2533274970252675;2:
> > > I accidently posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in General Discussion
> >
> > I got you.
> >
> > As for why DNF stats and betrayal stats aren’t tracked like other stats, it could be to prevent witchhunting and targeted attacks. Just because someone has a high quit percentage or betrays a lot doesn’t mean they deserve to be publicly called out on it. That sort of thing is handled on the backend by the game.
>
> Thanks for helping this get in the correct section.
>
> I don’t completely disagree with that logic. It DOES make sense and I get it… but if I’m considering someone for Spartan Company enlistment it would be nice to know more about their “play style”. DNF & TK stats are part of THAT style.

I agree. But if someone is that kind of player, then even if they join your company, that sort of behavior will present itself. They’ll either TK and quit like they normally do (in which case you’ll boot them), or they’ll be on their best behavior to avoid getting booted (in which case, you won’t need to boot them).

X

> 2533274817408735;5:
> > 2533274970252675;4:
> > > 2533274817408735;3:
> > > > 2533274970252675;2:
> > > > I accidently posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in General Discussion
> > >
> > > I got you.
> > >
> > > As for why DNF stats and betrayal stats aren’t tracked like other stats, it could be to prevent witchhunting and targeted attacks. Just because someone has a high quit percentage or betrays a lot doesn’t mean they deserve to be publicly called out on it. That sort of thing is handled on the backend by the game.
> >
> > Thanks for helping this get in the correct section.
> >
> > I don’t completely disagree with that logic. It DOES make sense and I get it… but if I’m considering someone for Spartan Company enlistment it would be nice to know more about their “play style”. DNF & TK stats are part of THAT style.
>
> I agree. But if someone is that kind of player, then even if they join your company, that sort of behavior will present itself. They’ll either TK and quit like they normally do (in which case you’ll boot them), or they’ll be on their best behavior to avoid getting booted (in which case, you won’t need to boot them).

Hmm… Good point. I hadn’t really considered that.

I’m still a proponent of the idea though. TBH… I’d absolutely love to see my own stats on this. And I wouldn’t mind it being viewable on my profile either. But I do see how these “negative” stats COULD effect others players perspectives of one another.

DNF or even betrayal stats wouldn’t really tell the entire story in every instance since there isn’t one reason why someone would do those things. If your company has certain standards, then I think the best way to find out about those instances would be to just interview the person if you’re not sure about their behavior.

> 2727626560040591;8:
> DNF or even betrayal stats wouldn’t really tell the entire story in every instance since there isn’t one reason why someone would do those things. If your company has certain standards, then I think the best way to find out about those instances would be to just interview the person if you’re not sure about their behavior.

True… Having stats like these doesn’t tell the whole story. DNF could be due to network connection, system error, being booted because of accidentally splattering teammates with a ghost (lord knows I’ve experienced all of these).

And betrayals could easily be accidental. Such as a teammate running in front of one of your rockets or running over one of your grenades with no shields.

There are several different reasons for each of these stats. But why not have them anyways?

I know for a fact there have been plenty of instances where I ran over, blew up, shot my own teammates (mostly accidental, but, lets be honest, not all were). Yet there is nothing on my profile that keeps track of these. We have medals for just about every type of action that can be performed in the game. Would it really be too much to have medals for things like…

Friendly fire: kill player on team with load out weapon
Frag out: kill player on team with any grenade
Get REQ’d: kill player on team with REQ weapon
Road rage: splatter member of your own team
Knock out: kill player on team with Spartan ability (melee, Spartan charge, ground pound)

I would personally welcome these stats on my own profile. This way I could learn where further improvement in “team play” matches is needed on my part. And being able to view these stats on others profiles will tell more about the play style of THAT particular player.

I know these are “negative” stats but why does Halo only show positive stats when it’s only part of the picture?