DNF SYSTEM

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Halo 4 has a huge problem with rampant DNF’s. It is the most annoying thing in the world for a person who cares about their win-rate to get a loss for winning the game. There must be an alternative system to implement other than simply giving everyone in the game a loss just because one person left. Sometimes not even the host leaves and it STILL gives me a DNF. I get DNF’s literally everyday and I can’t stand it. Please F@$#ing change SOMETHING. IT IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME TO PLAY AND GET LOSSES FOR WINNING. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR MCC!!!

I support this ^

What is DNF?

> What is DNF?

Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.

> What is DNF?

Did not finish.

Halo 4 is notorious for tracking games and listing the players as DNF when in fact those players did not quit.

I think this issue may be resolved because halo will no longer be using the host system, but instead run on dedicated servers.

> > What is DNF?
>
> Did not finish.
>
> Halo 4 is notorious for tracking games and listing the players as DNF when in fact those players did not quit.
>
> I think this issue may be resolved because halo will no longer be using the host system, but instead run on dedicated servers.

Essentially what I was thinking. Dedicated Servers will rectify many networking issues, including this unfortunate and frustrating bug.

> > What is DNF?
>
> Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.

Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.

> > > What is DNF?
> >
> > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
>
> Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.

I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.

> > > > What is DNF?
> > >
> > > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
> >
> > Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.
>
> I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.

Or instead of people being lazy in the first place by asking what an acronym stands for, they should take the initiative and just google it instead of asking and waiting for someone to tell them.

Lazy people ruin a lot of things in the world. Halo 4 is the lazy mans Halo. No one had to look for power weapons because they fell at your feet, people didn’t have to wait to respawn because of the insta-spawn system, no one had to fight to stay in their scope. All lazy traits in gaming and it plagues the FPS scene right now. Get out of lazy habits and actually do some work. If you want to know something, go do some research. You have unlimited knowledge at your fingertips with Google alone, let alone the 100 other search engines like, Yahoo, Bing, Wolfram, Ask, etc, etc… Don’t be lazy or the world will be as abysmal as H4 is. No one likes lazy people.

/rant

Halo 4 win percentage isn’t really something to be proud of anyways. It’s not ranked. It’s not casual either. A DNF, while annoying for people, really doesn’t carry much weight because no one takes Halo 4 serious as a competitive game. Since your Service Record will reset once MCC comes out (unless you’re on the 360 still) just go into it knowing that there are more competitive games out there when it comes to Halo and if you want a real challenge for win percentage, take on H2 or H3, or for a real challenge, try some CE 2v2s. Just my thoughts.

> > > > > What is DNF?
> > > >
> > > > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
> > >
> > > Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.
> >
> > I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.
>
> Or instead of people being lazy in the first place by asking what an acronym stands for, they should take the initiative and just google it instead of asking and waiting for someone to tell them.

If (the key word is if) you are referring to me as lazy when I basically stated why I did not “simply” search up it on the internet, you might as well include yourself in that category of laziness since you failed to read my post.

> > > > > > What is DNF?
> > > > >
> > > > > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
> > > >
> > > > Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.
> > >
> > > I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.
> >
> > Or instead of people being lazy in the first place by asking what an acronym stands for, they should take the initiative and just google it instead of asking and waiting for someone to tell them.
>
> If (the key word is if) you are referring to me as lazy when I basically stated why I did not “simply” search up it on the internet, you might as well include yourself in that category of laziness since you failed to read my post.

Honestly, it was a jab towards lazy people in general, but since you want to make it all about you…

No, I read it. Since your connection was good enough to post a question on the forum, it was obviously good enough to type in “DNF acronym” into google and return “About 71,400 results (0.51 seconds)” Of those results, the first one says, without even needing to click on the link, “Acronym in the sports world for “Did Not Finish”…”

So you were being lazy. You can’t blame a slow connection when you obviously have a good enough connection to post in a forum since forums have a weaker inferior hardware compared to the Google Search engine.

Also, to break it down even further on how you can’t blame a slow connection…

It takes two web requests get search results. One request to get to google.com or the search engine of your choice, and one to make the request to the search engine to generate the results. So two requests/pages…

To get your answer on the forum, it takes at least 3 or more requests. One to generate the page where you type in the “What does DNF stand for?” question. Then one more when you click the “Post” button. Then you have to at least wait for someone to look at the question and then respond, which means you’ll have to refresh your page, which is another request. If someone didn’t respond, then you’ll have to add another request on each time until you get your answer.

So you’ve used more of your connection to sit here and ask what DNF stood for rather than just go look it up yourself. Tell me another reason why you couldn’t just google it and I’ll still point out why you were lazy.

> > > > > > > What is DNF?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
> > > > >
> > > > > Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.
> > > >
> > > > I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.
> > >
> > > Or instead of people being lazy in the first place by asking what an acronym stands for, they should take the initiative and just google it instead of asking and waiting for someone to tell them.
> >
> > If (the key word is if) you are referring to me as lazy when I basically stated why I did not “simply” search up it on the internet, you might as well include yourself in that category of laziness since you failed to read my post.
>
> Honestly, it was a jab towards lazy people in general, but since you want to make it all about you…
>
> No, I read it. Since your connection was good enough to post a question on the forum, it was obviously good enough to type in “DNF acronym” into google and return “About 71,400 results (0.51 seconds)” Of those results, the first one says, without even needing to click on the link, “Acronym in the sports world for “Did Not Finish”…”
>
> So you were being lazy. You can’t blame a slow connection when you obviously have a good enough connection to post in a forum since forums have a weaker inferior hardware compared to the Google Search engine.
>
> Also, to break it down even further on how you can’t blame a slow connection…
>
> It takes two web requests get search results. One request to get to google.com or the search engine of your choice, and one to make the request to the search engine to generate the results. So two requests/pages…
>
> To get your answer on the forum, it takes at least 3 or more requests. One to generate the page where you type in the “What does DNF stand for?” question. Then one more when you click the “Post” button. Then you have to at least wait for someone to look at the question and then respond, which means you’ll have to refresh your page, which is another request. If someone didn’t respond, then you’ll have to add another request on each time until you get your answer.
>
>
> So you’ve used more of your connection to sit here and ask what DNF stood for rather than just go look it up yourself. Tell me another reason why you couldn’t just google it and I’ll still point out why you were lazy.

You want another reason? Fine, I had a lot paperwork to finish, so I used my connection to finish what was actually important so I can take a break here. Do not call me lazy when you have no clue what I deal with in my life. So what if I asked what the acronym means? It was lazy, but I am not making a big deal over something so trivial as three capitalize letters like you are.

Everyone has their lazy moments, so do you, me and everyone else in this whole website. Complaining about “hurrr durr!!! Lzy pleps ruin planet” is not going to solve anything. You are acting like a child that cannot deal with life, the world does not revolve around. Nobody cares what you think of lazy people.

> > > > > > > What is DNF?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Google it. I didn’t know what it was either.
> > > > >
> > > > > Did it ever occurred to you that I might actually have very slow connection? Also, I do not have the time to wait 15 minutes just to know what an abbreviation stands for, due to the fact that I have important things to work on. If you know what is now, then just tell it to someone who does not know. But since I have been already told, forget it.
> > > >
> > > > I imagine posting and refreshing the forums would be “slower” than searching on Google… but yeah, people might as well just answer because it’s easier than typing “search on Google” anyway.
> > >
> > > Or instead of people being lazy in the first place by asking what an acronym stands for, they should take the initiative and just google it instead of asking and waiting for someone to tell them.
> >
> > If (the key word is if) you are referring to me as lazy when I basically stated why I did not “simply” search up it on the internet, you might as well include yourself in that category of laziness since you failed to read my post.
>
> Honestly, it was a jab towards lazy people in general, but since you want to make it all about you…
>
> No, I read it. Since your connection was good enough to post a question on the forum, it was obviously good enough to type in “DNF acronym” into google and return “About 71,400 results (0.51 seconds)” Of those results, the first one says, without even needing to click on the link, “Acronym in the sports world for “Did Not Finish”…”
>
> So you were being lazy. You can’t blame a slow connection when you obviously have a good enough connection to post in a forum since forums have a weaker inferior hardware compared to the Google Search engine.
>
> Also, to break it down even further on how you can’t blame a slow connection…
>
> It takes two web requests get search results. One request to get to google.com or the search engine of your choice, and one to make the request to the search engine to generate the results. So two requests/pages…
>
> To get your answer on the forum, it takes at least 3 or more requests. One to generate the page where you type in the “What does DNF stand for?” question. Then one more when you click the “Post” button. Then you have to at least wait for someone to look at the question and then respond, which means you’ll have to refresh your page, which is another request. If someone didn’t respond, then you’ll have to add another request on each time until you get your answer.
>
>
> So you’ve used more of your connection to sit here and ask what DNF stood for rather than just go look it up yourself. Tell me another reason why you couldn’t just google it and I’ll still point out why you were lazy.

You want another reason? Fine, I had a lot paperwork to finish, so I used my connection to finish what was actually important so I can take a break here. Do not call me lazy when you have no clue what I deal with in my life. So what if I asked what the acronym means? It was lazy, but I am not making a big deal over something so trivial as three capitalized letters like you are.

Everyone has their lazy moments, so do you, me and everyone else in this whole website. Complaining about “hurrr durr!!! Lzy pleps ruin planet” is not going to solve anything. You are acting like a child that cannot deal with life, the world does not revolve around you. Nobody cares what you think of lazy people.

(Ignore the first post. Using my phone)

Keep it on topic guys. Bring it to DM if you need to.