DMR what is up with this gun

It has been blindly overpowerd in the community but people dont see it because everyone uses it and thats why this tread will most likey fail but whatever.

Damage
The damage is too high the only thing that can counter this gun is power weapons
Accuracy
The accuracy is ok on its own but with the huge damage it does it makes it a incredably long ranged damage dealer
Range
If anything is actually wrong with the range its that the bullet actually can hit people on the other side of hemmorage

It’s ironic that in their pursuit to quell the BR dominance Bungie created an even more powerful successor in the DMR, one that was effective against infantry and vehicles at almost all ranges.

FAIL.

> It’s ironic that in their pursuit to quell the BR dominance Bungie created an even more powerful successor in the DMR, one that was effective against infantry and vehicles at almost all ranges.
>
> FAIL.

Wait so are you agreing or disagreeing to whatI said

Really, OP?! The DMR sucks in comparison to the Magnum. The Thread Title needs to swap out DMR with Magnum. It’s extremely OP and I swear with bloom…it’s unreliable as hell. People still spam with it and get 3SK 90% of the time, when while it was intended to have people actually pace a little more, it doesn’t. I pace and bloom still punishes me, but not spammers, even at longer ranges.

My brother and I played a game, reviewed each other’s gameplay (from 2 separate boxes on 2 separate tvs next to each other) and bloom affected me more. My brother’s aim was sloppy, misguided, and still achieved 3SK’s on a higher more-frequent basis than me. My shots: accurate, centered, and red-reticles, while shots just barely whiz past their heads repeatedly.

Bloom obviously hurts better players, and 343i screwed up by making a 3SK magnum with bloom. Either remove the bloom, or remove the 3SK.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bypass the word filter.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users.

5sk DMR with stupidly long killtimes is overpowered? Yeah, ok.

> 5sk DMR with stupidly long killtimes is overpowered? Yeah, ok.

> Really, OP?! The DMR sucks in comparison to the Magnum. The Thread Title needs to swap out DMR with Magnum. It’s extremely OP and I swear with bloom…it’s unreliable as hell. People still spam with it and get 3SK 90% of the time, when while it was intended to have people actually pace a little more, it doesn’t. I pace and bloom still punishes me, but not spammers, even at longer ranges.
>
> My brother and I played a game, reviewed each other’s gameplay (from 2 separate boxes on 2 separate tvs next to each other) and bloom affected me more. My brother’s aim was sloppy, misguided, and still achieved 3SK’s on a higher more-frequent basis than me. My shots: accurate, centered, and red-reticles, while shots just barely whiz past their heads repeatedly.
>
> Bloom obviously hurts better players, and 343i screwed up by making a 3SK magnum with bloom. Either remove the bloom, or remove the 3SK.

The magnum is fair becuase its bloom is so huge you have to wait insonly long times to shoot people with long ranged shots

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Play a custom game with headshot immunity turned on.

someone never played halo before reach. the kill times are sooooooo slow on that gun. no bloom dmr is perfect. bloom dmr is only good if you want the game to play horribly slow.

> someone never played halo before reach. the kill times are sooooooo slow on that gun. no bloom dmr is perfect. bloom dmr is only good if you want the game to play horribly slow.

I actually did play halo3

I agree it seems that two clips can take your banshee in btb

> It’s ironic that in their pursuit to quell the BR dominance Bungie created an even more powerful successor in the DMR, one that was effective against infantry and vehicles at almost all ranges.
>
> FAIL.

Well, if Bungie didn’t rectify the mistake of the double damaged Halo 1 pistol in Halo 2’s BR they certainly wouldn’t have now with the DMR when they were trying to “trash the hotel room on their way out” with Reach.

lol

none of you realize it’s the Magnum that is horribly broken. Random spread AND bloom with a short magazine? lol that gun will crap out you on even at close range or when you need that important kill more often than not.

Pharmassist already tested out on Classic settings. It’s still random. It’s worse on Reach settings.

I honestly don’t mind the DMR taking out vehicles. Ya’ll act like one man can take out an entire Warthog by himself, that’s an exaggeration and most of the time, you die to the gunner. If you want to talk about OP, go look at the Sniper. It wrecks vehicles by itself rather than requiring team shot via DMR.

And the issue with the DMR being “overpowered” is? …

Who cares even if it is more powerful than the other guns, that’s irrelevant. It’s not like you don’t have the opportunity to get one. What are you gonna say the sniper does too much damage now?

And honestly, I think the DMR is the most annoying gun to use because of the bloom that makes half of my headshots miss

I don’t think it is OP. I like it the way it is.

I love the DMR! It doesn’t feel super OP’d to me, and I play a lot of DMR-oriented games.

> Who cares even if it is more powerful than the other guns, that’s irrelevant. It’s not like you don’t have the opportunity to get one. What are you gonna say the sniper does too much damage now?
>
> And honestly, I think the DMR is the most annoying gun to use because of the bloom that makes half of my headshots miss

The gun fires fine under ZB settings. That being said with expanded reticule in default settings comes the random dice roll spread that mostly everyone hates. I don’t really think it’s OP, maybe the Sniper wrecking vehicles is (but as for dealing for infantry, it’s fine despite huge aim assist and watermelon sized head hitboxes).

It’s often exaggerated that one person can take out an entire warthog easily with the DMR. It’s BS, the DMR needs to team shot in order to effectively ruin vehicles and if you take down a full health Banshee by you’re self by unloading three clips (it takes about around that many, maybe more), than obviously you were dealing with a bad pilot.