DMR vs BR shot range

Okay so I was telling my friend that the DMR has a longer fire range then the BR. He disagreed so we took it to a custom game and tried it out. We were on Ragnorok and I was on the pelican while he was behind where bubbleshield use to be. I shot him with the DMR and killed him in seven shots, he took about 14 shots and killed me. I’m surprised that the BR would even land a shot from that distance. What I wanna know is if we had even a further distance between us would the DMR hit while the the BR does not?

DMR always wins. That’s just how it is.

> DMR always wins. That’s just how it is.

He wasn’t disputing that…

The BR should be atleast very close in range if not close to the dmr. The dmr’s range is ridiculous.

When concerning “Range” the DMR has a much more effective max range. Meanwhile the BR’s maximum effective range is shorter due to the 3 round burst recoil. At close-mid range the 3 round burst recoil is not as bad because of angle on each round, but when it comes to long distance shots… without the player stabilizing the weapon when firing, the BR will not be as effective.

The mechanics are different. dmr is hitscan br is projectile. Bassically for the dmr to get 1 kill it takes 5 bullets while the br will take 15 bullets. Plus do to the hitscan the dmr is perfectly accurate.

Yes, but BR can compensate for missed shots by readjusting aim mid fire.

> DMR always wins. That’s just how it is.

not sure your for or against the dmr

but ya it always does and needs a nerf.

thankyou

> The mechanics are different. dmr is hitscan br is projectile. Bassically for the dmr to get 1 kill it takes 5 bullets while the br will take 15 bullets. Plus do to the hitscan the dmr is perfectly accurate.

BR it hitscan.

> > DMR always wins. That’s just how it is.
>
> not sure your for or against the dmr
>
> but ya it always does and needs a nerf.
>
> thankyou

I will list a series of events for you:

1- The DMR gets nerfed to the BR’s level.
2- The Carbine and the Light Rifle(which already have better killtimes than both the BR and the new DMR) become the most used weapons since they are the most efficient.
3- People complain that the Carbine and Light Rifle are too overpowered, and need a nerf.
4- The Carbine and Light Rifle get nerfed to the BR and DMR’s level.
5- I return my copy of Halo 4 because I paid for Halo 4, not Reach 2.

The DMR does have more range then the BR but not by as much as it seems. The BR can hit targets at a far range, its just far less effective (at long range) when compared to the DMR because of the difference in shots. The DMR only needs one bullet to hit opposed to the BR’s 3 bullet burst. 1 DMR bullet is about equal to 3 BR bullets.

> > DMR always wins. That’s just how it is.
>
> not sure your for or against the dmr
>
> but ya it always does and needs a nerf.
>
> thankyou

Or better yet, realize that not all weapons are meant to be equal.

> The mechanics are different. dmr is hitscan br is projectile. Bassically for the dmr to get 1 kill it takes 5 bullets while the br will take 15 bullets. Plus do to the hitscan the dmr is perfectly accurate.

13 bullets for BR. First four trigger pulls = 12 if all land, breaking shield. 5th trigger pull will release 3 more bullets, only one is needed to hit head.

however, even if you miss exactly 2 bullets in the first 4 trigger pulls, 5th trigger pull can still shoot 3 rounds, two can brake the weakend sheild and the last bullet of the 3 will hit head.

Miss 0 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
miss 1 bullet = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
miss 2 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls

miss 4 bullets = BR kills in 6 trigger pulls.

Lesson? Don’t miss more than 2 bullets.

> > The mechanics are different. dmr is hitscan br is projectile. Bassically for the dmr to get 1 kill it takes 5 bullets while the br will take 15 bullets. Plus do to the hitscan the dmr is perfectly accurate.
>
> 13 bullets for BR. First four trigger pulls = 12 if all land, breaking shield. 5th trigger pull will release 3 more bullets, only one is needed to hit head.
>
> however, even if you miss exactly 2 bullets in the first 4 trigger pulls, 5th trigger pull can still shoot 3 rounds, two can brake the weakend sheild and the last bullet of the 3 will hit head.
>
> Miss 0 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
> miss 1 bullet = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
> miss 2 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
>
> miss 4 bullets = BR kills in 6 trigger pulls.
>
> Lesson? Don’t miss more than 2 bullets.

Therefore making it a harder weapon to master than the DMR.

>
> I will list a series of events for you:
>
> 1- The DMR gets nerfed to the BR’s level.
> 2- The Carbine and the Light Rifle(which already have better killtimes than both the BR and the new DMR) become the most used weapons since they are the most efficient.
> 3- People complain that the Carbine and Light Rifle are too overpowered, and need a nerf.
> 4- The Carbine and Light Rifle get nerfed to the BR and DMR’s level.
> 5- I return my copy of Halo 4 because I paid for Halo 4, not Reach 2
>

Actually if DMR’s Rate of Fire is nerfed to the point that it only MATCHES BR KILL TIME, it will still be the dominant weapon used in Halo 4. Even over Carbine or Light Rifle. (also, making DMR kill time = BR kill time, DMR will still win at range every time, this nerf will only give BR a better chance at close range. I believe that is a good thing, to have DMR consistently lose at close range but not to the point that it takes from its usefullness at long range. LONG LIVE THE DMR!)

The light rifle will have more damage than DMR at long range WHEN SCOPED, that balences the light rifle at long range in regards to DMR. DMR still is a consistent weapon soped or not scoped.

Carbine, simple has less range. I can’t really give an accurate comparasion. At long range I still think the DMR will win consistently, medium range it might be pretty even and at close range the Carbine should win consistently. I would like to see more testing on this…

> >
> > 13 bullets for BR. First four trigger pulls = 12 if all land, breaking shield. 5th trigger pull will release 3 more bullets, only one is needed to hit head.
> >
> > however, even if you miss exactly 2 bullets in the first 4 trigger pulls, 5th trigger pull can still shoot 3 rounds, two can brake the weakend sheild and the last bullet of the 3 will hit head.
> >
> > Miss 0 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
> > miss 1 bullet = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
> > miss 2 bullets = BR kills in 5 trigger pulls
> >
> > miss 4 bullets = BR kills in 6 trigger pulls.
> >
> > Lesson? Don’t miss more than 2 bullets.
> >

>
> Therefore making it a harder weapon to master than the DMR.

No, that makes it an EASIER, more FORGIVING weapon than DMR. If you miss 1 bullets with BR, it still kills with 5 trigger pulls. DMR, if you miss even 1 bullet, you need 6 trigger pulls. If you miss 2 bullets, BR still kills in 5 shots. If you miss 2 bullets with DMR, you need 7 trigger pulls. So now, this specific part of the BR is an advantage over the DMR.