DMR SWAT, Carbine SWAT, and CTF SWAT, Please!

In Halo 4’s SWAT gametype we always had the option to choose between the DMR or the BR, with the Magnum as your secondary weapon. I always chose the DMR because it is my favorite weapon in Halo. I do like that, in Halo 5’s SWAT, you only have a primary weapon, no secondary, so you’re forced to use the primary weapon only. But I wish we had a SWAT gametype where the primary weapon is the DMR and there’s no secondary weapon. Also, I really liked that Halo 4’s SWAT Playlist included some CTF SWAT. It was a lot of fun stopping opponents from capturing a flag a second before with one shot to the head. CTF SWAT should have the BR as primary and Magnum as secondary. So I’d like to see some CTF SWAT added to the SWAT playlist as well. I’d like to see something like 25% BR SWAT, 25% DMR SWAT, 20% Carbine SWAT, 20% Magnum SWAT and 10% CTF SWAT for the SWAT Playlist. Or something like that.

So, like… Lightning CTF? With SWAT and super-fast paced gameplay? It was so hard capping their flag, lol!

And yeah, I agree. The SWAT background everytime makes me think: "343i, don’t include the DMR on the playlist’s lobby background if you ain’t gonna feature the weapon at all. It defeats the purpose."

Halo 4, Magnum was the key to winning. Precision is good but a faster firerate is superior, at least if you miss you have several more shots off before the enemy can fire a second :slight_smile:

I think that your idea would be fantastic!

> 2533274939018653;2:
> So, like… Lightning CTF? With SWAT and super-fast paced gameplay? It was so hard capping their flag, lol!
>
> And yeah, I agree. The SWAT background everytime makes me think: "343i, don’t include the DMR on the playlist’s lobby background if you ain’t gonna feature the weapon at all. It defeats the purpose."
>
> Halo 4, Magnum was the key to winning. Precision is good but a faster firerate is superior, at least if you miss you have several more shots off before the enemy can fire a second :slight_smile:

No, not lightning CTF, that’s with Light Rifles and increased movement speed. Just SWAT CTF, where the flag has to be home, at your base, in order to capture, and you can return your flag by standing next to it for just 3 seconds.

Hahaha, yeah! I always noticed that too! Like, wtf, there’s a Spartan with a DMR in the background of the SWAT playlist lobby, but it’s not actually in the playlist? Why not!?

Yeah, the Magnum was great for close range SWAT encounters especially.

I’d love some DMR SWAT. I always liked using it and how it handled. So yeah, sounds fun.

> 2535413364534857;3:
> I think that your idea would be fantastic!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Throw in Carbine SWAT while you’re at it. That gun needs the love in this game.

I agree why put the DMR and br in the same picture if you can’t use the DMR in swat at all? I miss being able to chose my loadout.
I think they should do it similar to COD you choose your primary at the start and can switch if you die. Keep it so that there is no secondary but you can pick from the DMR BR LR and Carbine.
Halo multiplayer is set up as a simulation anyway why shouldn’t they be able to pick and choose different weapons based on the map or the enemy. You could even throw in the Magnum as an option to start with.
I’m really upset that the only time I can have a DMR is if I pick it up on the map. I’m trying to finish the loadout mastery accommodation and can only use the DMR on 3 maps. Why call it a loadout weapon if it’s not in my standard loadout for ant gametype?
End rant

> 2533274930754554;8:
> I agree why put the DMR and br in the same picture if you can’t use the DMR in swat at all? I miss being able to chose my loadout.
> I think they should do it similar to COD you choose your primary at the start and can switch if you die. Keep it so that there is no secondary but you can pick from the DMR BR LR and Carbine.
> Halo multiplayer is set up as a simulation anyway why shouldn’t they be able to pick and choose different weapons based on the map or the enemy. You could even throw in the Magnum as an option to start with.
> I’m really upset that the only time I can have a DMR is if I pick it up on the map. I’m trying to finish the loadout mastery accommodation and can only use the DMR on 3 maps. Why call it a loadout weapon if it’s not in my standard loadout for ant gametype?
> End rant

I think 343 is trying to get away from optional loadouts in Arena because of all the complaints about it being like CoD, and I think they are making the right move in that regard. While I do miss the option to choose between the DMR and BR in SWAT, I think it is best that everyone is forced to use the same weapon. It just makes things a little more balanced and little more of a pure test of skill. I mean, if I got the choice to pick my loadout, I don’t think I’d ever use the BR because I always prefer the DMR (That’s what I always did in H4). I do like the BR a lot, especially in Halo 5, but I’d always choose the DMR over it if given the option. So it’s kind of nice to be forced to use the BR. I think it would be best to just force players to use a specific weapon from a variety of precision weapons. It’d be cool to have BR SWAT, DMR SWAT, Magnum SWAT, Light Rifle SWAT, Carbine SWAT, and CTF SWAT, all within the SWAT playlist. But if you let people choose between all of those weapons as loadouts, I think everyone would learn to just choose the Carbine because of how fast it’s fire rate is. I wouldn’t want to feel discouraged from choosing the DMR because I feel I have to choose the Carbine in order to be competitive. Maybe BR players feel the same way with the DMR. But SWAT with the Carbine sounds like a blast! It would just be best if you were forced to use it as your primary weapon for that gametype/match.

Yeah, it’s definitely tough getting that accommodation. There are just 2 DMRs on Coliseum and Regret, and 1 on Empire that I’m aware of.

> 2533274883849234;7:
> Throw in Carbine SWAT while you’re at it. That gun needs the love in this game.

Agreed! That sounds like it would be so much fun!

yes,amazing, and I guess if it makes others happy.

Yes, I agree. I miss SWAT CTF, and the DMR was always my favorite. Most of the time I get stuck with the BR.

Am I the only one that likes swatnums?

I agree with everything here

> 2535452631595417;13:
> Am I the only one that likes swatnums?

No
I preferred SWATnums to other game modes in Halo 4, because I better with the Magnum than the DMR. Don’t get me wrong, I love the DMR, but I tend to go secondary in SWAT.

SWAT SWAT SWAT!
EVERYTHING SWATASTIC

Yeah even though pistols are the starting weapons in the game, I still prefer a different gun to play with. They should at least bring back votes maybe, just maybe

> 2535452631595417;13:
> Am I the only one that likes swatnums?

No! I love SWATnums! :smiley:

> 2533274816516891;17:
> Yeah even though pistols are the starting weapons in the game, I still prefer a different gun to play with. They should at least bring back votes maybe, just maybe

Yeah, we need more SWAT gametypes with different starting weapons. I prefer not having the voting though, just so each gametype gets chosen at least some of the time. I think they just need to get the percentages down right for the playlist.

DMR SWAT still really needs to be added to the SWAT playlist! We need more variety in the SWAT playlist. The SWAT playlist needs the DMR at the very least, but I would also like to see more.

H5 SWAT Playlist Gametypes: BR SWAT, Magnum SWAT, DMR SWAT, Carbine SWAT, Light Rifle SWAT, CTF SWAT with BRs and Magnums.