DMR Supporters/Users/Opponents Of Nerf Unite!

I’m sick in tired of people claiming that the DMR has Bullet magnetism and Aim Assist. Have they played swat? Im a terrible shot with the DMR. It takes me 7 shots just to down someone at a distance with the DMR. It does takes some skill to land headshots at a distance. I even destroy DMR users with Assault Rifle by closing the distance and out straffing them and I have been winning games with the BR and AR combo.

I want DMR lovers to unite and oppose any type of nerf the DMR might be subjected too. There is nothing wrong with it. I normally don’t use the DMR, Im a BR/AR or BR/BS user. Most of my DMR kills come from Spartan Ops.

If anything, we should unite to support a buff on the BR and covenant combine weapons. Make the BR 4 1/3 kill or something like that. It’s powerful as it is so a marginal buff would help it slightly. Halo 3 gave a buff to the Assault rifle so that it can stand up to BR users in Close Quarters so why not?

DMR nerf is unneccessary.

gets popcorn dis gon be good!

> I’m sick in tired of people claiming that the DMR has Bullet magnetism and Aim Assist.

Well…it’s true so grab a pillow and some soup my friend.

Lets see.

Dmr: high rate of fire, fast kill time, insane bullet magnetism (on all guns), dont even have to be right on the target to get head shots, has no downsides in close range becaue you can spam the trigger without punishment for doing so.

Checks OP’s Service Record

Yep Most used weapon is DMR.

Your argument=Invalid.

I pointed out most of my kills are from Spartan Ops people.

> I pointed out most of my kills are from Spartan Ops people.

I have 600 more BR kills yet waypoint says my favorite weapon is the DMR.

You all should concede this point, the system is broken.

> I pointed out most of my kills are from Spartan Ops people.

Ok I edited that part out, still does not change the fact that the gun is op.

Video showing the bullet magnetism of the DMR.

Gotta love Cobra one of the few voices of reasons on this website.

Why would DMR users need to unite? All of you are already forces to be reckoned with individually, and there’s so many of you. lol

Oh yeah baby! I hate newb BR users who can’t aim lol. The DMR is the NEXT PROGRESSION people! It takes skill, and prevents you from being in the open.mits called hide. A tactic. Oh, and about that video magnetism video: the DMR shoots quicker then your BR, and is more accurate, so the aim assist and magnutism balances it out. Duh. Good thread OP! This game is flawless!

> Oh yeah baby! I hate newb BR users who can’t aim lol. The DMR is the NEXT PROGRESSION people! It takes skill, and prevents you from being in the open.mits called hide. A tactic. Oh, and about that video magnetism video: the DMR shoots quicker then your BR, and is more accurate, so the aim assist and magnutism balances it out. Duh. Good thread OP! This game is flawless!

Sarcasm? Because none of that makes any sense what so ever.

> Checks OP’s Service Record
>
> Yep Most used weapon is DMR.
>
> Your argument=Invalid.

lol and agree

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Oh yeah baby! I hate newb BR users who can’t aim lol. The DMR is the NEXT PROGRESSION people! It takes skill, and prevents you from being in the open.mits called hide. A tactic. Oh, and about that video magnetism video: the DMR shoots quicker then your BR, and is more accurate, so the aim assist and magnutism balances it out. Duh. Good thread OP! This game is flawless!
>
> Sarcasm? Because none of that makes any sense what so ever.

I’m going to all of the threads this guy has started ( like 3 lol) and posting idiotic satirical stuff until he gets the point. Don’t ask what is is.

> Oh yeah baby! I hate newb BR users who can’t aim lol. The DMR is the NEXT PROGRESSION people! It takes skill, and prevents you from being in the open.mits called hide. A tactic. Oh, and about that video magnetism video: the DMR shoots quicker then your BR, and is more accurate, so the aim assist and magnutism balances it out. Duh. Good thread OP! This game is flawless!

Even if it was sarcasm it still doesnt make sense. Work on your sentence structure.

> Checks OP’s Service Record
>
> Yep Most used weapon is DMR.
>
> Your argument=Invalid.

So, using your logic, if someone who uses the BR all the time calls the DMR over powered that makes it a valid argument? Trust me, I’ve been using the BR as opposed to the DMR ever since I got my commendation for it (that’s why the BR is my second most used weapon and my 1st is the DMR in the Matchmaking portion of my service record) and I find it just as good in mid to close range as the DMR is in mid to long. And I even find myself winning almost all of my battles against someone using the DMR in mid to close range just like it should work. Just because a BR loses to a DMR occasionally doesn’t make it over powered. Sure maybe the aim assist and or bullet magnetism should be nerfed that’s fine with me. We just don’t need some huge nerf like the DMR needing 6 head shots or the BR needing 4 head shots to kill. You guys are over reacting in my opinion.

> So, using your logic, if someone who uses the BR all the time calls the DMR over powered that makes it a valid argument? Trust me, I’ve been using the BR as opposed to the DMR ever since I got my commendation for it (that’s why the BR is my second most used weapon and my 1st is the DMR in the Matchmaking portion of my service record) and I find it just as good in mid to close range as the DMR is in mid to long. And I even find myself winning almost all of my battles against someone using the DMR in mid to close range just like it should work. Just because a BR loses to a DMR occasionally doesn’t make it over powered. Sure maybe the aim assist and or bullet magnetism should be nerfed that’s fine with me. We just don’t need some huge nerf like the DMR needing 6 head shots or the BR needing 4 head shots to kill. You guys are over reacting in my opinion.

I’m perfectly okay with it being 5SK, but having its bullet magnetism and aim assist weakened and giving the Carbine and BR a buff.

Like it or not it is pretty well established on a plethora of threads that the DMR is in fact OP in close-mid range. It outclasses the BR which it shouldn’t do.

My personal solution I feel would work best is to shrink the reticule or aim assist and to decrease magnetism for the DMR. That should effectively hamper its close-mid fighting capability by just making it harder to aim with. This leaves the long range relatively untouched so long as you are still aiming at the target correctly.

Carbine needs a 1sk buff minimum while we are at it but I feel thats all the tweaking that is really needed to balance our precision rifles.

When this game was announced we knew there was gonna be a war for DMR against BR.

It’s funny whenever a DMR nerf thread comes out the BR is mentiond alot while the other rifles are hardly ever involved.

`Maybe the gun is overpowerd but the DMR did win. And the BR is a beast in close combat and thats coming from an AR user.

We don’t have an abundence of Carbine and Lighrifle users complaining. Mostly just BR users.

Just use it on small maps! I kmow BR users want their gun to be useful everywhere like in halo 3 but halo has more specialised weapons now.

BR is close to medium range=Small maps.

DMR is long to medium range=Big maps.

But hey! maybe it could use a nerf, dosn’t effect me because DMR users dont play on small maps and if they do it’s pretty useless.

I’ve got freinds that use the DMR and I’ve got no problems with it so I support the DMR.

P.S During DMRvsBR I still predicted DMR would win out of the two.