DMR Superiority

For serious players, the DMR is the only real rifle worth using. BR better than DMR at mid range? Guess that was a misleading statement based on the degraded BR’s ease of use and assumption of subpar DMR skill. What is the reason of making the DMR superior? Multiple rifles added depth to the weapon sandbox, until you make it imbalanced, now there is no depth.

Either use the DMR or be put at a disadvantage (against equally skilled opponents). Weapon imbalance doesn’t promote a level playing field, though nothing in Halo 4 quite does. In competitive games everyone will use the DMR unanimously so i guess that is a level playing field, but a forced and unintended one. I see the Light Rifle getting some loadout rotation for its tactical dual firing modes but BR and Carbine are seemingly fully obsolete. And i was a Carbine guy in H3 :confused:

Possibly patch the DMR in certain playlists to make it balanced? I don’t see how discouraging use of other rifles via disadvantageous circumstances can be a good thing.

Hold on a little while for the game to be released, I’m certain there will be plenty of people destroying DMR users with other riffles. Me and my trusty BR plan on doing some of that destroying…

Not having had the chance to actually play Halo 4 yet in any form, I’m not sure how to comment, however in all fairness each rifle has it’s own uses, and if one is overpowered upon release I’m sure it will be adjusted.

I’ll be doing some domination with my BR too. But I’m gonna see how well the light rifle works.

What they should’ve done instead of nerfing the Carbine and making the BR a 5sk was to simply leave the Carbine alone and make the BR a 4sk. Then all of the weapons would be aligned with each other in terms of kill times but the DMR would STILL be better at it’s intended ranges. I don’t see how nerfing everything and leaving the DMR superior is “balanced”.

> Not having had the chance to actually play Halo 4 yet in any form, I’m not sure how to comment, however in all fairness each rifle has it’s own uses, and if one is overpowered upon release I’m sure it will be adjusted.

As a fellow Carbine lover, don’t worry. I got to play with all 4 rifles at NYCC. The DMR feels a bit more powerful than the other guns, but can be destroyed by some the other rifles. It’s taken on more of the “all around” role that the BR used to have. Light rifle can beat it at long range and the BR can beat it at close range (On paper at least. It all depends on the skill of the players).

Personally I preferred the Carbine over the others. If you have a good trigger finger it’s not hard to take down someone using the other rifles with it. Takes more bullets to kill someone, but helluva lot faster.

> For serious players, the DMR is the only real rifle worth using. BR better than DMR at mid range? Guess that was a misleading statement based on the degraded BR’s ease of use and assumption of subpar DMR skill. What is the reason of making the DMR superior? Multiple rifles added depth to the weapon sandbox, until you make it imbalanced, now there is no depth.
>
> <mark>Either use the DMR or be put at a disadvantage (against equally skilled opponents)</mark>. Weapon imbalance doesn’t promote a level playing field, though nothing in Halo 4 quite does. In competitive games everyone will use the DMR unanimously so i guess that is a level playing field, but a forced and unintended one. I see the Light Rifle getting some loadout rotation for its tactical dual firing modes but BR and Carbine are seemingly fully obsolete. And i was a Carbine guy in H3 :confused:
>
> Possibly patch the DMR in certain playlists to make it balanced? I don’t see how discouraging use of other rifles via disadvantageous circumstances can be a good thing.

Actually I think an equally skilled BR vs equal skill BR at close-medium range will result in the BR winning. I found that I am exceptional with the DMR, in Halo Reach I would win out DMR other players very frequently. So if you are comfortable with the DMR being single shot, and have accuracy at any range with it, then yes the DMR is better. 343 intended the DMR to be high risk, high reward while the BR was more of a noob weapon. But in general, DMR>BR.

The balance 343 intended is that with the BR there is room for error, where as with the DMR if you were to miss a shot you would tend to lose a fight.

Its all about preference. The DMR is the best choice for highly skilled players because it rewards the player the most with keeping better accuracy. That doesn’t mean the DMR is the best or that it has no downsides. Its just confirming that players with the highest of skill will want to use this over anything else.

> The balance 343 intended is that with the BR there is room for error, where as with the DMR if you were to miss a shot you would tend to lose a fight.

This is actually completely wrong. A BR user can hit all of his shots and the DMR can can miss one of his shots and still win due to the Higher ROF and DPS.

> > The balance 343 intended is that with the BR there is room for error, where as with the DMR if you were to miss a shot you would tend to lose a fight.
>
> This is actually completely wrong. A BR user can hit all of his shots and the DMR can can miss one of his shots and still win due to the Higher ROF and DPS.

The first part of his statement is correct. The BR has added aim assist in closer ranges while the DMR loses aim assist the closer you are to your target. The DMR has less room for error then a BR. If your a highly skilled player then neither of these things matter. But this is going off of less skilled players.

I think needing to be “highly skilled” isn’t necessarily true. If you were good with it in reach, and have good accuracy you can use the DMR. It’s not like only MLG can use the DMR, that’s just silly to say.

DMR = accuracy Which means if you are good with precision which means you got to land every shot.

BR = 3 round burst. Which means You also have to have accuracy but it’s more for casual play.

to bad everyone’s gonna get owned by my magnum

In a thread I made a while back with the videos of the assumed final build we have I have time out the dmr killtime over and over and I still get a 1.7+/- .1 killtime meaning its been nerfed.

I think the carbine looks pretty powerful myself. I can see a lot of use coming from that thing. As far as the DMR being too powerful, I see your argument, but disagree. The BR will still get much use because the no-bloom aspect. No matter how you cut it, people will hate the bloom on the DMR and will stay away from it. The only people I see utilizing the DMR strongly will be the ones who adapted the best to it in Reach. Not saying your bad if you didnt, but a group of people adapted and others didnt.

I know how much damage the BR,DMR,and carbine do per bullet and burst. simple math really I think they all are pretty much even overall. nobody should be concern really

> In a thread I made a while back with the videos of the assumed final build we have I have time out the dmr killtime over and over and I still get a 1.7+/- .1 killtime meaning its been nerfed.

Although I would like nothing more than you to be right, I’m pretty sure someone disproved you in that thread.

I personally will start off using the carbine as it is probably my favourite gun, but if I find myself coming up short when I practice with my friends I will switch to DMR.

Unless the difference isn’t that big…

OP - On the surface, I tend to agree with you and understand where you are coming from with this post. The utility of the DMR appears to be more versatile than its intended / stated use of mid to long distance because it also can be a deadly close range weapon. That is my only foreseeable complaint.

However, we’ll definitely be able to compare notes after the release to see if what we perceive is actually reality.