DMR Rate of Fire already nerfed

I was playing with the DMR today and felt that it was slower than usual. I switched to the BR and then found out that they new fire at the exact same rate.
yay.

well they’re only milliseconds apart so its practically impossible to the naked human eye to judge the time well, and even if the DMR was just as fast as the BR its still way better, due to it being hitscan, having practically no bloom, and no spread like the BR.

I hadn’t noticed. I was too busy getting killed from the other side of the map.

well yeah.
the DMR used to kill in 1.68 and BR 1.8.
I’m not sure if that’s still true but I like the balance now.
SR 76 now and I’m still sticking with the DMR

EDIT: The BR is hitscan as well.

> well yeah.
> the DMR used to kill in 1.68 and BR 1.8.
> I’m not sure if that’s still true but I like the balance now.
> SR 76 now and I’m still sticking with the DMR
>
> EDIT: The BR is hitscan as well.

No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.

> > well yeah.
> > the DMR used to kill in 1.68 and BR 1.8.
> > I’m not sure if that’s still true but I like the balance now.
> > SR 76 now and I’m still sticking with the DMR
> >
> > EDIT: The BR is hitscan as well.
>
> No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.

For a watered down version…

DMR works like Cod guns

Every other starter gun (dont think any other gun is hitscan atm) works like Battlefield guns

Which game was harder to actually shoot and kill people in?

Where’s the source?
Because if you google Halo 4 BR Hitscan, you can see lots of results with 343 stating that BR is hitscan.

> Where’s the source?
> Because if you google Halo 4 BR Hitscan, you can see lots of results with 343 stating that BR is hitscan.

im fairly certain that every bit of news about hitscan in halo 4 up until this exact moment was saying the BR had hitscan to help it balance with the DMR which didnt have hitscan.

personaly i think the DMR is a better gun verses the battle rifle.

> No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.

Stop posting this false information without proving it.

The BR is hitscan. The Light Rifle is the only precision without hitscan.

> > No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.
>
> Stop posting this false information without proving it.
>
> The BR is hitscan. The Light Rifle is the only precision without hitscan.

That’s what I thought.

> > No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.
>
> Stop posting this false information without proving it.
>
> The BR is hitscan. The Light Rifle is the only precision without hitscan.

I am pretty sure DMR,BR,AR,Carbine,Light Rifle,Magnum are hit scan. The Light Rifle is hit-scan as well, just feels weird probably do to it’s shot animation or I could be wrong and sound like a total idiot.

> > > No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.
> >
> > Stop posting this false information without proving it.
> >
> > The BR is hitscan. The Light Rifle is the only precision without hitscan.
>
> I am pretty sure DMR,BR,AR,Carbine,Light Rifle,Magnum are hit scan. The Light Rifle is hit-scan as well, just feels weird probably do to it’s shot animation or I could be wrong and sound like a total idiot.

I actually think the LR is not a hitscan, but I could be wrong and sound like a total idiot as well :slight_smile:

> > > No the br is not. Its projectile. Frankie even stated the dmr is hitscan the br is projectile and you need all three br bullets to hit the target for it to be as good as one dmr bullet.
> >
> > Stop posting this false information without proving it.
> >
> > The BR is hitscan. The Light Rifle is the only precision without hitscan.
>
> I am pretty sure DMR,BR,AR,Carbine,Light Rifle,Magnum are hit scan. The Light Rifle is hit-scan as well, just feels weird probably do to it’s shot animation or I could be wrong and sound like a total idiot.

Zoomed in Light rifle is not hit scan.

> I was playing with the DMR today and felt that it was slower than usual. I switched to the BR and then found out that they new fire at the exact same rate.
> yay.

This is completely false everyone. Just… So ya know.

> Where’s the source?
> Because if you google Halo 4 BR Hitscan, you can see lots of results with 343 stating that BR is hitscan.

It was going to be like this.
dmr—projectile-----no recoil-------low bloom
br----hitscan--------recoil-------bullet spread

But close to launch they changed it to this
dmr—hitscan------------no recoil----low bloom
br----projectile------recoil-------bullet spread

> > Where’s the source?
> > Because if you google Halo 4 BR Hitscan, you can see lots of results with 343 stating that BR is hitscan.
>
> It was going to be like this.
> dmr—projectile-----no recoil-------low bloom
> br----hitscan--------recoil-------bullet spread
>
> But close to launch they changed it to this
> dmr—hitscan------------no recoil----low bloom
> br----projectile------recoil-------bullet spread

Again, I’m going to ask you where the information you got came from.
Because I can’t find what you’re saying anywhere.

it just doesnt make sense, the BR would feel so much more easy to use if it was hitscan.

> .

Stop bumping your own thread so much, or it’ll be locked shortly.

> > .
>
> Stop bumping your own thread so much, or it’ll be locked shortly.

First you accuse me of lying, now you tell me I’m bumping my own thread.
Check again.
If you’re going to hate so much, I suggest you do it somewhere else as I’m trying to have a discussion here.