DMR not built for halo 4?

Just think about it, in reach you had the dmr but the maps were MASSIVE -cough cough- Spire… But come these maps and their medium size, even if the BTB maps are big they have alot of closed spaces meant for CQB.

Sure some maps may fit that qualification, but Ragnarok/Valhalla wasn’t meant to be played this way. Thus it played so well in Halo 3 because it wasn’t possible, if it was it was difficult to cross map with your starting weapon.

I honestly think the DMR shouldn’t have been in Halo 4 in the first place.

I know right. They’ll never do this but they need to take the DMR out of the loadout options, along with a bunch of other things which I won’t get into. If the DMR was just a pick-up on the map, a lot of people probably wouldn’t have a huge problem with it as they do now.

343 only have to Halo Reach it.
this means:

• less magnetisme
  • a bigger reticle bloom (about x 1.8)
  • and that bloom is expand slower when crouching

> I honestly think the DMR shouldn’t have been in Halo 4 in the first place.

I respectfully disagree good sir.

> > I honestly think the DMR shouldn’t have been in Halo 4 in the first place.
>
> I respectfully disagree good sir.

Disagree too. The DMR belongs in Halo 4, it just needs it’s fair share of tuning. Personally what I liked about the bloom in Halo: Reach is crouching reduced it. I felt like a real Spartan in invasion crouching down and taking my shots at elites.

I doubt anyone would have a big problem with the DMR if it was a pick-up and not a loadout weapon

I feel like its too late to tune anything, most people are out. If they balanced it from the start or didn’t have it in this game to begin with along with some other things… OP Sidearm cough then this game would have been very promising.

> 343 only have to Halo Reach it.
> this means:
>
> - less magnetisme
> - a bigger reticle bloom (about x 1.8)
> - and that bloom is expand slower when crouching

And if descope was added.

halo 4 a step in the right direction - has some big problems
halo 5 will be the answer

> And if descope was added.

The sad thing is this shouldnt even be a debate. It should have just been in the game like EVERY OTHER HALO

Hell it better be, but im doubting it.

They can’t use the excuse that its their first halo game, they knew the responsibility of which one of the best FPS’s came with. Now look at this…piece of a game.

Yeah thats why MLG dropped it. which is sad considering bravo was with them through it haha

Valhalla was a Halo 3 map designed with the inaccurate Halo 3 weapons in mind. It shouldn’t have been remade in the first place.

The DMR certainly has a place on the larger maps. The close-quarters areas on the BTB maps are there so weapobns like the AR aren’t pointless, and that every player can play their own way. Although maps like Longbow are pretty bad, too.

> Yeah thats why MLG dropped it. which is sad considering bravo was with them through it haha

MLG dropped it because of the -Yoink!- gaming deal…

DMR could be nerfed one of these few ways,

-Rate of fire reduced

-Damage reduced

-Accuracy reduced

or all 3 so it becomes what it supposed to be… a rifle not a sniper.

I’m sorry, but I am a DMR user and I only like the weapon b/c of its concept. I feel much more comfortable using that, which is way more accurate than the BR, and its a Single Shot. I rather have a Precision weapon that fires one shot, than a BR that fires 4/5 Shots. It knocks the crosshairs out of place. The DMR’s crosshairs don’t move once you fire.

I would love to see how the DMR functions w/ the RRR reduced. I do think there is a place for the DMR in Halo 4 (especially w/ these giant maps designed around sprint). A SLIGHT reduction in the actual aim magnetism would nice but it isn’t happening. Descoping when shot would also help balance the weapon, but that too will never happen in H4.

In reach I loved it, because reach was awesome to me (I know for Most People not but for me it was)

In Halo 4 I loved it…

… Until I hit SR 130 and started working in commendations… I use the carbine at the moment, a weapon made for mid Range Combat and a Bit of CQC but Even in closest ranges half-shielded DMR users kill you before you can Pop there shield (and after days of Training I Hit with every Single Shot) with an weapon supposed for Long Range…

I Used the DMR very long and defended it in the nerf threads, but the only Thing I can say now to defend it is that it’s Long Range dominance is okay because it’s the only weapon that is fully described as a Long Range weapon, but in any other points it needs to became more than the One in reach (somebody Said that before) because there it wasn’t THAT dominant in mid Range and CQC

> DMR could be nerfed one of these few ways,
>
> -Rate of fire reduced
>
> -Damage reduced
>
> -Accuracy reduced
>
> or all 3 so it becomes what it supposed to be… a rifle not a sniper.

Snipers are people who use rifles to provide a marksman role. A sniper is not a gun.