DMR Laser Kill

Have any of you gotten a Laser Kill with a DMR in matchmaking? Cause I am lost on how it happened. Here the vid but Im sorry that I dont have Bungie Pro. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23139545&player=Blade201

Ive had a double laser kill with a magnum before and a double kill pummel with a ghost turret :stuck_out_tongue:

> Have any of you gotten a Laser Kill with a DMR in matchmaking? Cause I am lost on how it happened. Here the vid but Im sorry that I dont have Bungie Pro. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23139545&player=Blade201

Ive gotten a laser kill with an AR, it confused me.

i’ve done it in custom games where we were just messing around and what happened was, my friend was aiming the laser at someone and just as the laser shot hit the target, i took him down with a DMR and got the laser kill. so it’s not that you fired a laser out of the tip of your DMR but rather that you got the timing just right to steal the credit for the laser.

It’s a registry issue in the game between weapons and medals. If you can get the kill of the target close enough to almost perfect unison of the laser hitting the target you get a laser kill. I got a laser kill medal in ODST using a ghost shooting a wraith.

I think I’ve gotten a DMR, NR, AR, Pistol, PRi, Plasma Launcher and Pro-pipe - Laser medal kill.

When a vehicle is destroyed, there is about a quarter to half a second of timing where anyone can shoot an exploding vehicle and register as the last hit, though the killing hit already occurred and that registers to you as the original type.

I have a clip where I want to convert, but it’s a low priority, of another player and I grabbing the flag. REPR drove in with the Revenant and blasted their damaged Wraith to death. GRIM shot at it as well with the DMR. I clearly get the kill shot, he clearly steals the kill. I didn’t care at this point. Last round, 0-0, I wanted the flag and we got it, so in the end I enjoyed a GRIM REPR moment brought to me by XBL. It was fun (bet ya the other Revenant was pissed that I rammed him to death.)

I’v gotten laser kill via Needle Rifle and EMP kills with multiple weapons. Its jut bout timing & luck.

Wow, didnt realize it was that common lol. Thanks to who ever rendered my vid :slight_smile:

I hate when it happens I’ve already lost many laser kills for people shooting in my target with another gun.