DMR is OP

The DMR fires faster than the BR and has negligible recoil even though its the same amount of shots to kill. Many have said to increase the BR damage rate to counter it but this would throw the other weapons out. The DMR just needs to fire at the same rate as the BR because its not technically feasible to win a duel against a DMR user with its current stats. Thats fact. It kills you faster than the BR with next to unlimited range. For all those who argue otherwise, Your personal opinion is not relevant. it does not matter if you think it ‘feels’ or ‘seems’ ok, it doesnt matter if you ‘still beat lots of DMR users’ The DMR is ACTUALLY better. In a game which says you can choose on personal preference, it leaves surprisingly little choice. This is shown by the fact about 4/5 use the DMR regardless of map size. I only bring this up because there is no diversity of weapons in the game anymore, which is a shame.

>your personnal opinion is not valid
>mine is, however.

theoretically, it is impossible for a BR to win, yes. but only if you only look at the stats.
what happened to taking cover, throwing a nade before engaging (with the promethan vision, it’s kinda easy to chuck it correctly), jumping and strafing to dodge bullets while not missing your own shots?

if thats your arguement you can also do all that BETTER with a DMR.

> >your personnal opinion is not valid
> >mine is, however.
>
> theoretically, it is impossible for a BR to win, yes. but only if you only look at the stats.
> what happened to taking cover, throwing a nade before engaging (with the promethan vision, it’s kinda easy to chuck it correctly), jumping and strafing to dodge bullets while not missing your own shots?

While all of this is true think about it, with every other gun you have to hit every single shot to get the best kill time. With the BR spread that’s around 12 bullets(4 bursts) all hitting home perfectly then getting a headshot, but due to the burst in 2 bursts or so the DMR has already shot 3 times or so and with the single shot gun that has a laughable amount of bloom that only takes 4 hits to down your shields it really is actually difficult to win close range against the thing. Sure you can make them miss but it seems like the hit boxes are mega huge this game or there is a bunch of bullet magnetism/aim assist which isn’t fair either. Also 343 removed bonus shield damage for headshots which gave the BR the 4 shot kill so basically in terms of “kill time” they are balanced, but in reality you have to admit that the DMR statiscally speaking is more or less more versatile given the fact that the only range I see BRs consistently beat them at is mid range when the BR should be better up close up to mid where that is more of a battle of skill and long range where the BR cannot even touch the DMR. You really can’t disagree with me too much because I bet the reason why you all use the DMR is because it destroys long range and if you get hit you can easily run to cover and the DMR holds its own up close with skill only really making a difference at mid range. To be short and sweet They really need to bring back extra headshot shield damage because that required skill or you could slow down the fire rate or in my personal opinion make the bloom bigger so they just can’t spam. What’s the point of a marksman rifle if you literally just fire as fast as you can? People should be punished by that like in Reach except Reach was just way too much. But seriously get a friend and do custom or a second with no one controlling and take a serious look at the bloom, no matter what range you do you as long as the reticle is red you will probably get a 5 shot by spamming considering max bloom still stands a huge chance of getting a headshot.

Its actually surprisingly easy to hit the head with the DMR at any range. Adrift is actually one of the best DMR maps. There is no map where the DMR is actually DISADVANTAGED and no range where it is disadvantaged. I admit, at close range, other guns may be more preferable (if you’re not very good), but all other guns have a weakness, DMR has none. For instance, the BR isnt just bad at long range, its almost entirely ineffective. DMR aces everything at any range. At close range you merely have to shoot the head and its effective at close range too, amd its not hard to do at all. But on top of this IT KILLS FASTER than any other gun (except the carbine but its useless). If you arent using the DMR why arent you using it? The difference between the other precision primary weapons and the DMR is like the difference between the Sniper and the Binary Rifle (with the binary rifle having a larger clip size, more aim assist and no lasers) Why would you bother choosing the Sniper?

ur out of your mind. the BR is strong because it takes less aiming skill to kill with it. that is how it evens out.

Most normal people have more than enough skill to use the DMR more effectively than what the BR is even capable of achieving. Also by your logic, that males the BR a noob weapon. Does that mean that I cant use my beloved BR because I am able to use the DMR more effectively? They are supposed to be equals, not divided by skill gaps. Also the sniper has higher aim assist as well does that ‘even it out’ with the Binary? Is that why they are both as rare in games? No, they arent equals and neither is the BR and DMR

> ur out of your mind. the BR is strong because it takes less aiming skill to kill with it. that is how it evens out.

This is… 100% incorrect. With the br you have to hold your reticle on them for the entire burst(all 5 bursts in fact) while with the dmr you can just shoot again and again individually.

I agree with OP, the reticle bloom on the DMR needs to return, it’s kind oftaking the precision out of the precision weapon. I bring back reticle bloom just a bit and nerf the fire rate just enough so that it has milliseconds of kill time more than the BR at close range.

I hate the DMR altogether. I hate being out-shot and out-shown. Especially on SWAT. I poke my head out from a corner, just a tiny bit, and I’m dead.

I don’t believe that a weapon meant for medium-long range should outclass the weapons meant for close quarters everytime. If 343 is going to keep the DMR at the level of strength it is at now they have to improve the automatics. I as a assault rifle user have to put 16 shots into someone to net a kill, where the opposition using a DMR only has to shot me 5-7 times to kill me…where’s the logic in that exactly?

I know the AR is stereotyped as a “noob” weapon but to consistently be able to get in close enough to land those 16 shots without the opposition running away to a safe perch where his/her team can gang up on me takes a certain amount of skill that I just don’t see in many of the DMR users they just run in for a melee and a headshot or spray at me (keep in mind the gun has a faster TTK). Rather poor gun balancing IMO

I agree. Even the suppressor is quite like the AR. You just can’t get close enough to get kills with it.

> ur out of your mind. the BR is strong because it takes less aiming skill to kill with it. that is how it evens out.

It is 10 times easier to kill someone at close to midrange with a DMR right now. Not only because it shoots faster, but because it takes LESS aiming skill. I played a lot of Reach, and it wasn’t this easy to kill someone even in ZB. Terrible post.

Yep. I’ve thought this from early on after release.
I was playing a bunch of FFA customs the other day against people that don’t miss. When i was using the BR i was out shot pretty much all the time but switched to DMR (like they were using from the start) and i could finally start to drop people!
In actual game play the DMR out strips the BR. Shame but true

The DMR just has way too many things going for it to go unignored. Now, almost 2 weeks into the game’s release I am starting to get really fed up with all the balancing issues. The BR should have remained 4 shot! The Carbine should get a little buff! The DMR needs to penalize you for spamming and have way less aim assist! What happened to the skill in Halo, it was nail all your shots, but now the game just holds your hand as you aim with the DMR and you also are always given a nice grenade shower which is ridiculous because I thought grenades were supposed to be rarer in this game. All in all I am disappointed in a lot of the execution of this game. Call of Duty Playlists, no classic modes aside from Swat, Snipers, and Slayer Pro? What happened to getting a new game mode or map every game? I miss the Halo 3 system now and I thought Halo 4 was going to be a lot more like Halo 3. Bringing the BR back isn’t doing anything justice. I miss most of Halo 3’s gameplay items (NO AA’s, but equipment that you need to pick up, mostly balanced weaponry, no loadouts, VEHICLES THAT DIDN’T SUCK!). I like some of the things about Halo 4, but I really miss some of the classic elements that made Halo Halo. Also what happened to being able to fight multiple enemies? Thanks to the ridiculous aim assist youcannot take on anymore than one person without getting destroyed! I miss Halo 3 and even in Reach you could take on multiple people and win if you had the skill. Now everyone holds hands and teamshots. I am not against teamwork, but I feel like that much ridiculous teamwork is a bit overkill. Doesn’t anyone play to have fun anymore? I miss being able to play Halo and have fun, not raging over competitive lonewolves…

> For all those who argue otherwise, your opinion is not relevant.

This statement is not relevant. As this is a discussion, all opinions pertaining to the topic are relevant.

I think the DMR and BR are both equally useful, near equal in power, and need no change. And saying my opinion is not relevant is irrelevant.

It is not an opinion that the Assault Rifle and other automatic weapons beat the DMR at close range. It is not an opinion that the BR is the weakest of all the precision weapons. It is not an opinion that the Battle Rifle is underpowered.

The DMR is fine. Buff the BR, and nobody would have an issue with it.

The DMR is way too strong. Not only do the kill times easily rival the BR and the gun lacks any sort recoil, it also has unlimited range.

I don’t think it can be fixed. Make DMR loadouts default to the BR and make the DMR an on-map weapon pickup.

BTB plays amazing if everyone is limited to the BR/Carbine because you can’t be 5 shotted the second you get out of cover which encourages map movement instead of camping with a DMR, picking people off and earning ordnance.

> The DMR is way too strong. Not only do the kill times easily rival the BR and the gun lacks any sort recoil, it also has unlimited range.

It does not have unlimited range, and it has bloom to limit the weapon at extreme range. The DMR is a long range weapon, it is supposed to be good at long range. It is the BR’s fault that it is not doing anything to match/beat the DMR at medium range. Halo 4 lacks any sort of medium range weapon worth anything. We have the automatics up close, and the Light Rifle/DMR at long range.

> I don’t think it can be fixed. Make DMR loadouts default to the BR and make the DMR an on-map weapon pickup.

It can be fixed by making the BR a 4 shot.

> BTB plays amazing if everyone is limited to the BR/Carbine because you can’t be 5 shotted the second you get out of cover which encourages map movement instead of camping with a DMR, picking people off and earning ordnance.

Why don’t we just all spawn with Shotguns? Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a player, and not being able to hit him consistently, despite my aim being spot-on.

For those who dont understand, an opinion is what a person thinks. I was stating what ‘IS’ not how i think it is. DMR is better. That is not a damn opinion Themachoz0rgy

A possible solution would be to change the BR from a 13 bullet kill (1st bullet of 5th shot kills) to 12 bullet kill (4 entire bursts) This would potentially allow a BR to win in a mid range dual against a DMR if the player is skilled enough to land all 12 bullets. Thoughts anyone? (Opinions are relevant for all those who are confused (Themachoz0rgy) as this question is hypothetical, not fact)