DMR is a lazer FACTS not opinion

Im am sorry everyone but I just want to give these statistics. sorry for lack of light rifle
weapon--------------------DMR--------Br-----------Carbine------------------------
Mechanic------------------Hitscan----Projectile----Projectile--------------------
Fire mode-----------------Semi-------Burst---------semi--------------------------
Time to kill--------------3.06-------3.70---------3.24 all in scconds------------
Time to kill(headshot)----2.31-------2.70---------2.65 all in seconds------------
Recoil/Bloom--------------Bloom–Recoil shots-----neither shots spread-----------
------------------------------spread at range-------at range---------------------
These test were done at mid range which I consider to be out to 6 grid squares.

My final verdict based on these stats and there recoil patterns is the dmr is the best weapon out of these three. Simply because of the hitscan and the fastest kill time. I am unable to add the picture but the dmr was dead accurate. The br went up and had the bullets spread out over range there is also a degree of flinch when hit while scoped in. The carbine has spread and scope flinch.

Nothing but facts
Now my opinion
My final verdict based on these stats and there recoil patterns is the dmr is the best weapon out of these three. Simply because of the hitscan and the fastest kill time combined with dead on accuracy.

Oh jesus christ… if it can only be differentiated by milliseconds it seems pretty fair to me

343i If you love Halo please just nerf the DMR or buff the BR slightly enough to where the millisecond difference and accuracy are fair for the weapon.

Just lowering the fire rate of the DMR a tad will end all these discussions. It should be better than the BR at range, which it still would be, but the BR should be better at closer ranges.

> Just lowering the fire rate of the DMR a tad will end all these discussions. It should be better than the BR at range, which it still would be, but the BR should be better at closer ranges.

The last thing that should be done is giving into these people because they’re so relentless and desperate.

I agree the DMR is overpowered. It’s a disgrace because it’s from Reach and it also completely ruins balance.

> > Just lowering the fire rate of the DMR a tad will end all these discussions. It should be better than the BR at range, which it still would be, but the BR should be better at closer ranges.
>
> The last thing that should be done is giving into these people because they’re so relentless and desperate.

Im afraid they gave into all the reach whiners. But the problem is not its kill speed the problem is it will hit no matter what happens. As long as the reticl is a barely on them the dmrs hitscan will register a hit.

If you use an AR against a DMR at close range, you’ll win. If you know how to use a BR against a DMR at mid-range you will win.

Don’t put numbers in there and act like they decide everything. I highly doubt all MM encounters happen like 18th century duels, where both opponents stand perfectly still. The user’s skill and familiarity with the weapon will be the biggest depending factor, not how many shots to kill.

agreed balance out the dmr with br

> > > Just lowering the fire rate of the DMR a tad will end all these discussions. It should be better than the BR at range, which it still would be, but the BR should be better at closer ranges.
> >
> > The last thing that should be done is giving into these people because they’re so relentless and desperate.
>
> Im afraid they gave into all the reach whiners. But the problem is not its kill speed the problem is it will hit no matter what happens. As long as the reticl is a barely on them the dmrs hitscan will register a hit.

-Yoink- lag destroy that theory. Since I’ve seen countless DMR not registering at all.

:o)

Said it before and I will say it again, all that is needed to balance the DMR is to add more spread when shot from the hip. Job done.

I agree with assassin, the DMR may kill milliseconds faster but your opponent will not be perfectly still and if you kill them or not will depend on your skill and range. As we all know the DMR is made for slightly longer range than the BR and the BR usually wins when at a closer range. Therefore, these statistics do not prove the game unbalanced and it should be left as is.

> If you use an AR against a DMR at close range, you’ll win. If you know how to use a BR against a DMR at mid-range you will win.
>
> Don’t put numbers in there and act like they decide everything. I highly doubt all MM encounters happen like 18th century duels, where both opponents stand perfectly still. The user’s skill and familiarity with the weapon will be the biggest depending factor, not how many shots to kill.

AR kills in 4.21 secconds. This is not a question of skill its a question of is the gun more powerfull than another and the answer is yes.

> Oh jesus christ… if it can only be differentiated by milliseconds it seems pretty fair to me

a .64 second differential is a long freaking time in a shooter. That’s enough time difference that the guy with the DMR can probably miss once or twice and still win the duel while the guy with the BR can land every single hit and lose. This is why I hate when people say “skill determines who wins”. It’s when two people who are equally skilled square off, and the guy who carries the better weapon earns more kills, not because he is better skilled, but because he has the right weapon in his hands. If the DMR was harder to aim, I could understand player skill being involved, but it’s so simple to hit someone with it, and heads are giant in this game, seems I can land a headshot about 1 out of 4 kills.

You also have to think about your ping if you have a low ping you can kill with any weapon faster than they can get the third or fourth shout out.

You must compensate for the lag.

Why are you against balancing weapons so they are more similar in Time To Kill at appropriate ranges. Do you not like balance? It’s not about being a whiner, as I use the DMR, it’s a fun gun to play with, but I would still like the game to be as balanced as possible (in terms of initial loadouts, as ordnance drops bring power weapons into play, which are balanced differently)

Your tests seemed like they really were spot on until you left out an ACTUAL player playing the game not standing still, but moving around and not being dead accurate himself with stick control, nothings wrong with the DMR if you know who to play the game. Now quit crying.

The DMR can do everything pretty decently in terms of balance, but no other gun has the multi range capability that the DMR has, so it defeats the purpose of most of the guns in these new fancy customized classes, where a solid DMR user can beat out a lot of people with weapons that are meant to be good for that range, where the DMR is MEANT to be best at longer ranges, not best at long range then pretty good at mid and close depending on the user.

sooo the DMR shoots intense beams of light instead of projectiles?

want a fix for the DMR, make the bloom like it was in reach