Dmr hate bandwagon.

I’m officially on it.

It’s ridiculous that I can’t even take three steps in any match without getting sniped from every direction by a weapon that kills in so little shots and in such a short time. It’s only worse with the matchmaking which seems to love setting me up against parties and clans who will time their dmr shots so I basically get one shotted every time I try to move.

combine the dmr with the camo and jetpacks and it makes a lot of matches feel impossible to win with how fast and frequently you die.

precision weapons need a fire rate reduction across the board, the dmr needs to have reticule bloom and less magnetism because i am honestly tired of jumping behind cover and still getting hit by bullets that seem to be able to bend at 45 degree angles.

I’ve been trying to support this game as much as I can but frak, between the dmr and boltshot I can’t seem to find a single part of the map where I don’t have to worry about getting instantly killed.

We all know that feel bro.

Seriously, nerf the DMR, all the other starting weapon are balanced (except the Boltshot and the scoped Light Rifle fire mode).

Yupp, the dmr was way too all purpose in reach, devastating the sandbox, so they buffed it, makes sense right?

The lightrifle technically kills faster but you actually need to line up your shots as to where if your reticles red the dmr is landing a 5hit kill just for being “close enough”

The boltshot? Only really useful if your enemy wants to melee you or if your a corner camping -Yoink-, I’ve racked up quite a few kills with it but it really requires your opponent to let you charge and fire it, if someone backs up and hides as soon as you spot them they’ve got a cqb weapon you can bet on it, try not rushing them

I like the concept of the boltshot my problem is with people who use it with camo and jet packs to just rush or camp, even if you know they are there in objective matches you cant just stand there and hope none of his teammates kill you before you go for the objective.

The boltshot also has some serious range for what it is, I’ve been hit with it from a good distance and have either been killed or at least had my shields ripped off. Countering it is only easy when you have grenades and space to move. In hallways and in close quarters it’s very doubtful that you will be able to move the distance needed to escape unharmed. Most who like it but want it balanced usually say it at least needs a range reduction and i tend to agree, it’s a useful tool but because of it’s power and range it’s quickly becoming a crutch and a match breaker.

What many fail to realize is how how much larger the already huge maps would become if the range on the dmr was reduced. Face it, halo 4 has one truly small map. 4v4 would simply not work on 8 of the 10 release maps with a weakened dmr. A few of the btb maps would become boring and slow as well.

I’ve also had some problems with lightrifles but it’s mainly in hallways and confined spaces where I can’t dodge and get hit often in quick succession. The covenant carbines are okay but can lead to a lot of “wtf just happened” moments when people spam them and shields and health seem to magically disappear.

One thing that I though was interesting at first but now think is on the more negative side is how fast shields seem to vanish no matter what weapon people use (minus the default automatic weapons at times.) I’m not sure if it’s due to nerfed shields or just most weapons getting powered up but I don’t think I remember as many people dying in mid jump for instance in previous titles.

> What many fail to realize is how how much larger the already huge maps would become if the range on the dmr was reduced. Face it, halo 4 has one truly small map. 4v4 would simply not work on 8 of the 10 release maps with a weakened dmr. A few of the btb maps would become boring and slow as well.

Ragnarok is the perfect example on how the DMR range destroyed map flow on a map. It can’t be more boring than it already is, so could you show me how reducing the range of the DMR would break the map flow of one of the BTB map?

> What many fail to realize is how how much larger the already huge maps would become if the range on the dmr was reduced. Face it, halo 4 has one truly small map. 4v4 would simply not work on 8 of the 10 release maps with a weakened dmr. A few of the btb maps would become boring and slow as well.

No one is saying to make the DMR worthless but at the moment the kill time for fighting people with the dmr is obscene. It’s perfectly possible to kill people in other ranges with other weapons and with less people using the dmr and going to the br or ar and the other faction variants there would be more people out in the open, as is some matches slow down or stop already because of the dmr camping. i don’t think 4v4 would be that much of a problem, two things that could happen is people stop using the dmr and instead resort to rushing and moving into gunfights much like some of the previous halo titles, the other thing that could happen is that the dmr is used for it’s intended purpose as a powerful range weapon rather then an all purpose do what the others can do firearm.

Even with a few minor tweaks the dmr is still usable but at the very least it no longer trumps other weapons in there own specialties most of the time.

You’ve got that backwards. Removing long range starter weapons like the DMR and LR would speed up gameplay, not slow it down. Map movement would be encouraged.

Sucks especially when you spawn out in the open next to teammates and you die within 3 seconds of spawning.

Agreed that for certain maps, 8v8 with a weaker dmr would encourage movement. BTB is only one playlist at the moment. With 4v4 and the current 5v5 playlists,
The majority of these maps would become ghost towns. Abandon and adrift, as an example, are some of halo 4s smaller maps. It would be much more difficult to challenge players at 1/2 map distances. Even the hallways on abandon suddenly feel longer with only br’s. If you don’t believe me go play customs with no dmr’s. I’ve done lan this way and trust me, it becomes boring fast.

Also note how many more nooks and crannies halo 4 maps have. When playing with a br, much shorter range weapon than the dmr, people can get away quickly when you put 3 or 4 shots into them. I certainly do not love the dmr. On each of the smaller maps I primarily use the br. The problem is that the current crop of maps are not designed for a world with a shorter range dmr.

I for one would suggest a little more bloom so it takes some more skill and timing to get long range kills. No one liked bloom in reach and yelled and screamed on the boards to get rid of it.

Well here we are and those folks got what they asked for.

> I’m officially on it.
>
> It’s ridiculous that I can’t even take three steps in any match without getting sniped from every direction by a weapon that kills in so little shots and in such a short time. It’s only worse with the matchmaking which seems to love setting me up against parties and clans who will time their dmr shots so I basically get one shotted every time I try to move.
>
> combine the dmr with the camo and jetpacks and it makes a lot of matches feel impossible to win with how fast and frequently you die.
>
> precision weapons need a fire rate reduction across the board, the dmr needs to have reticule bloom and less magnetism because i am honestly tired of jumping behind cover and still getting hit by bullets that seem to be able to bend at 45 degree angles.
>
> I’ve been trying to support this game as much as I can but frak, between the dmr and boltshot I can’t seem to find a single part of the map where I don’t have to worry about getting instantly killed.

parties and clans that time their shots so you get one shotted? didn’t really get that. i think you mean a solid party or clan were all members shoot on everything they see, even tho they can’t kill it, it might help the guy the enemy is walking into next.
DMR has bloom. reticule magnetism is way over the top. i sometimes try to kill a dude, then another enemy in a warthhog for example drives past and my whole screen/reticule moves with the warthhog passing by lol, annoying as hell and it takes away skill.

the damage and/or shooting speed needs to be adjusted on some weapons and make the CSR visible to everyone in the lobby to make this game more lively, because honestly it’s somewhat dead when you see how many people are playing on playlist

I’ll admit to using the DMR in big team, especially Ragnarok, but usually only to counter vehicles and to give myself a chance against all the camo snipers because at long ranges you’re at an extreme disadvantage with anything else due to the smaller scopes on other weapons. The light rifle has a kill edge when zoomed in but I’m still learning how to be good with it. But on smaller maps like Adrift I will roll with BR or carbine because they can shoot quicker and get the element of surprise at close quarters.

The DMR becomes overpowered when mixed with active camo, jetpacks, and the power ups such as damage boost (not to mention spam campers). It’s too big of an invitation for players to camo camp with the thing on open maps and spam with it. It would be ideal if 1) there weren’t as many sniper weapons floating around that make the DMR a necessity or 2) make active camo and jetpack pickups on the maps and not starting loadouts. I swear it’s getting like Reach already with all the jetpackers.

I got to DMR master and decided to start working on my BR commendation. Let me say that in 4v4 the DMR is pretty well balanced (with the possible exception of Complex).

HOWEVER…

In 8v8, the DMR is ridiculously dominant. I can stand on Pelican on Ragnarok and hit an easy 5-shot vs an enemy at turret in the blink of an eye. There is very little effort involved. In contrast the BR is virtually impossible to kill with at that distance without team shot.

The problem with the DMR is its ability to rack up insanely fast kill times at extreme distance. In Reach, the bloom was there for a reason: to force a player to pace his shots at very long ranges, increasing kill times and therefore allowing players to move from cover to cover and push aggressively up the map. But everyone raged on bloom and we ended up with the current super powerful varient.

DMR could be balanced in one of two way:

• EITHER make it a six shot kill. It would still be the dominant weapon at extreme ranges but would be at a distinct disadvantage vs BR at lesser ranges.

• OR increase the bloom. This would decrease its kill times at extreme ranges without significantly decreasing its effectiveness at short-mid range.

> parties and clans that time their shots so you get one shotted? didn’t really get that. i think you mean a solid party or clan were all members shoot on everything they see, even tho they can’t kill it, it might help the guy the enemy is walking into next.
> DMR has bloom. reticule magnetism is way over the top. i sometimes try to kill a dude, then another enemy in a warthhog for example drives past and my whole screen/reticule moves with the warthhog passing by lol, annoying as hell and it takes away skill.
>
> the damage and/or shooting speed needs to be adjusted on some weapons and make the CSR visible to everyone in the lobby to make this game more lively, because honestly it’s somewhat dead when you see how many people are playing on playlist

I meant basically what I said, It’s not ACTUALLY one shotting but with a handful of people firing at you at the exact time with the dmr in a team it may as well be.
I have actually run against a few clans and grouped people that seem to call out to each other and focus shots on individual players on large maps, usually this would be a good thing but when coupled with the dmr, it’s fire rate, it’s power and it’s near perfect accuracy, it becomes obnoxious and cheap. I wish I had saved some screen shots of myself getting turned to swiss cheese by people group dmr’ing.

go look at Halo 3 in its prime and look how wrong you are. Ragnarok was Valhalla back then and it was easily one of the vest and most versatile maps and the DMR didn’t even exist back then. Plus everyone has sprint now so the maps aren’t all that huge. I am just going to say it plain and simple, Halo was fine until the DMR showed up. In Reach it was an aggravating inconsistent piece of crap where even if you paced your shots like you were supposed to, a spammer could still easily beat you, also it brought in all the BS with range. Halo was always an up close and mid range combat game, with the sniper being a support tool. Nope in Reach, they made a less powerful sniper rifle that could scrap vehicles and what does Halo 4 do? Buff it…makes all the sense in the world. Drop the DMR for Halo 5. It has already ruined Halo far more than it should have…