Dmr Change

The Dmr is currently a 1 shot burst!
How about 343 changes the Dmr to 3 round burst without the scope, then scoped in 1 round burst.
Then it will be both a up close weapon an a far away weapon. Make scoped in shot a little bit faster than the 3 round burst.

Just an idea…

I mean yes bloom needs fixed…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmrT5-WolI
Watch at 3:20 explains what I said above.

I couldnt see this be added TBH, if they where to do this it would be to much like the BR which would be a good thing but im pretty sure they wanted to stray away from the BR a bit which is why they did the DMR but i agree on the Bloom i would def like to see that fixed or even better removed also i would love to see headshots do more damage then body shots as its equal except when shields are down, maybe headshot is equal to 2 shots to body or something?

> I couldnt see this be added TBH, if they where to do this it would be to much like the BR which would be a good thing but im pretty sure they wanted to stray away from the BR a bit which is why they did the DMR but i agree on the Bloom i would def like to see that fixed or even better removed also i would love to see headshots do more damage then body shots as its equal except when shields are down, maybe headshot is equal to 2 shots to body or something?

Yeah i Agree! Maybe in the next halo game then could do something like that.

But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.

> But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.

Yeah but when you need a rocket to get an overkill there is something wrong. Halo 2 an 3 you could use a Br or dual weapons, but in reach we have bloom which is nice but its all wrong.

> > But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.
>
> Yeah but when you need a rocket to get an overkill there is something wrong. Halo 2 an 3 you could use a Br or dual weapons, but in reach we have bloom which is nice but its all wrong.

See now that all comes down to player skill. I’ve attained overkills in matchmaking using regular weapons just fine.

(I’m not judging anyone’s skill level in this thread, just stating that an overkill is something that should be earned, and isn’t easy.)

> > > But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.
> >
> > Yeah but when you need a rocket to get an overkill there is something wrong. Halo 2 an 3 you could use a Br or dual weapons, but in reach we have bloom which is nice but its all wrong.
>
> See now that all comes down to player skill. I’ve attained overkills in matchmaking using regular weapons just fine.
>
> (I’m not judging anyone’s skill level in this thread, just stating that an overkill is something that should be earned, and isn’t easy.)

Okay player skill in Reach is dead, Its all about who plays more which is wrong. There is no ranked playlist and im sure man you can not get an overkill with only a dmr by yourself with no one helping you.
Yes with power weapons - Rockets, Snipe, Shotgun, Laser

But to get an overkill with a pistol or dmr you need teammates helping you. Just saying Reach is not even close to skill compared to halo 2…

> I couldnt see this be added TBH, if they where to do this it would be to much like the BR which would be a good thing but im pretty sure they wanted to stray away from the BR a bit which is why they did the DMR but i agree on the Bloom i would def like to see that fixed or even better removed also i would love to see headshots do more damage then body shots as its equal except when shields are down, maybe headshot is equal to 2 shots to body or something?

i like the idea of headshots doing more damage than body shots.

whatever the change to the DMR, it needs to FEEL

-consistent
-NOT RANDOM
-clean and crisp

honestly i think the easiest way to do this is just drop the idea of bloom altogether. yes, it would be incredible if they could pull it off, but likely it will just add random chance to the equation instead of adding depth, and skill gap like intended.

if bloom is to work, 343 will need to implement a system that makes it so if you spam at all, you will fail. none of this, spam spam spam spam (hey his shields are down luckily), now headshot, nonsense. halo reach is a spam fest at this point, with the vast majority of ranges for the DMR being optimal to spam, which is upsetting to say the very least.

to fix bloom from halo reach, take the DMR as a starting point, then increase the max bloom substantially (find what works best, but COMPLETELY TAKES OUT RANDOM CHANCE), and pair this increase in max bloom with a faster bloom reset rate that is proportional.

this change alone would take out all of the inherent random factor that the DMR adds when even 1 person is spamming.

i miss halo being

shoot better -> win encounters

now its

shoot better -> win encounters, unless someone is spamming (which is optimal for the vast majority of ranges till you pop their shields, by the way) in which case the result is completely random.

yea, its pretty sad that, in halo reach, i have ‘adapted’ to train myself to never get into 1v1 DMR battles because the outcome is unreliable and inconsistent. instead, to make up for this deficit in the ‘tools at my disposal’, i have to resort to doing other things like constantly tracking down mini nuke grenades.

To my mind the DMR is the best Overall weapon in the whole game, the only problem you got is when you’re fighting at close range so you just have to avoid these battles and keep the distance, and btw combined with good grenade play, or team play (2 DMR’s) you can destroy everything and everyone.
what might seem annoying for some is fighting on real long range e.g. Hemorraghe, you just have to take your time and take him down with a five shot

> > I couldnt see this be added TBH, if they where to do this it would be to much like the BR which would be a good thing but im pretty sure they wanted to stray away from the BR a bit which is why they did the DMR but i agree on the Bloom i would def like to see that fixed or even better removed also i would love to see headshots do more damage then body shots as its equal except when shields are down, maybe headshot is equal to 2 shots to body or something?
>
> i like the idea of headshots doing more damage than body shots.
>
> whatever the change to the DMR, it needs to FEEL
>
> -consistent
> -NOT RANDOM
> -clean and crisp
>
> honestly i think the easiest way to do this is just drop the idea of bloom altogether. yes, it would be incredible if they could pull it off, but likely it will just add random chance to the equation instead of adding depth, and skill gap like intended.
>
> if bloom is to work, 343 will need to implement a system that makes it so if you spam at all, you will fail. none of this, spam spam spam spam (hey his shields are down luckily), now headshot, nonsense. halo reach is a spam fest at this point, with the vast majority of ranges for the DMR being optimal to spam, which is upsetting to say the very least.
>
> to fix bloom from halo reach, take the DMR as a starting point, then increase the max bloom substantially (find what works best, but COMPLETELY TAKES OUT RANDOM CHANCE), and pair this increase in max bloom with a faster bloom reset rate that is proportional.
>
> this change alone would take out all of the inherent random factor that the DMR adds when even 1 person is spamming.
>
> i miss halo being
>
> shoot better -> win encounters
>
> now its
>
> shoot better -> win encounters, unless someone is spamming (which is optimal for the vast majority of ranges till you pop their shields, by the way) in which case the result is completely random.
>
> yea, its pretty sad that, in halo reach, i have ‘adapted’ to train myself to never get into 1v1 DMR battles because the outcome is unreliable and inconsistent. instead, to make up for this deficit in the ‘tools at my disposal’, i have to resort to doing other things like constantly tracking down mini nuke grenades.

I feel like if they do fix it so you cant spam it that it will only slow down gameplay.

> > > I couldnt see this be added TBH, if they where to do this it would be to much like the BR which would be a good thing but im pretty sure they wanted to stray away from the BR a bit which is why they did the DMR but i agree on the Bloom i would def like to see that fixed or even better removed also i would love to see headshots do more damage then body shots as its equal except when shields are down, maybe headshot is equal to 2 shots to body or something?
> >
> > i like the idea of headshots doing more damage than body shots.
> >
> > whatever the change to the DMR, it needs to FEEL
> >
> > -consistent
> > -NOT RANDOM
> > -clean and crisp
> >
> > honestly i think the easiest way to do this is just drop the idea of bloom altogether. yes, it would be incredible if they could pull it off, but likely it will just add random chance to the equation instead of adding depth, and skill gap like intended.
> >
> > if bloom is to work, 343 will need to implement a system that makes it so if you spam at all, you will fail. none of this, spam spam spam spam (hey his shields are down luckily), now headshot, nonsense. halo reach is a spam fest at this point, with the vast majority of ranges for the DMR being optimal to spam, which is upsetting to say the very least.
> >
> > to fix bloom from halo reach, take the DMR as a starting point, then increase the max bloom substantially (find what works best, but COMPLETELY TAKES OUT RANDOM CHANCE), and pair this increase in max bloom with a faster bloom reset rate that is proportional.
> >
> > this change alone would take out all of the inherent random factor that the DMR adds when even 1 person is spamming.
> >
> > i miss halo being
> >
> > shoot better -> win encounters
> >
> > now its
> >
> > shoot better -> win encounters, unless someone is spamming (which is optimal for the vast majority of ranges till you pop their shields, by the way) in which case the result is completely random.
> >
> > yea, its pretty sad that, in halo reach, i have ‘adapted’ to train myself to never get into 1v1 DMR battles because the outcome is unreliable and inconsistent. instead, to make up for this deficit in the ‘tools at my disposal’, i have to resort to doing other things like constantly tracking down mini nuke grenades.
>
> I feel like if they do fix it so you cant spam it that it will only slow down gameplay.

naw, because they could just increase bullet damage, or do something like make headshots deal more damage.

for example, they could make it a 4 shot kill.

or increase the optimal fire rate (still make it so you CAN spam, but it wont win, ever).

They need to make this game where a more skilled player wins 99.9% of the time,

Dude, I havn’t been on here in like a month! Urza is still passing out Bloom Pamphlet Propaganda haha. I agree, just thought it was funny.

> But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.

You´re right but you forgot that the DMR is a vehicle killer. Bungie failed at making the BR(DMR) balanced. They should let the BR stay.

> Dude, I havn’t been on here in like a month! Urza is still passing out Bloom Pamphlet Propaganda haha. I agree, just thought it was funny.

I just think if they made it what I said above then everyone would be happy. People love the dmr and People hate it. People love the BR and people hate it, put both together and you will have a close to mid range gun that will make the game more fast pace and fun again.

> > But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.
>
> You´re right but you forgot that the DMR is a vehicle killer. Bungie failed at making the BR(DMR) balanced. They should let the BR stay.

You guys seriously dont understand Halos weapon balance and why a utility weapon is needed. Pretty much every FPS has one its a standard. And no, the DMR destroying vehicles was an excellent idea to prevent too much vehicle -Yoink!- and to force players to play smart with vehicles.

The DMR is balanced, but inconsistent and has a unecessary luck factor with bloom.

wow you just watched halo 2 early gameplay didnt you? xD

> > > But then the DMR would be an all around weapon, good for all uses. That’s exactly what Bungie was trying to prevent. It’s a good choice for mid to long range battles, but shouldn’t be the weapon of choice up close.
> >
> > You´re right but you forgot that the DMR is a vehicle killer. Bungie failed at making the BR(DMR) balanced. They should let the BR stay.
>
> You guys seriously dont understand Halos weapon balance and why a utility weapon is needed. Pretty much every FPS has one its a standard. And no, the DMR destroying vehicles was an excellent idea to prevent too much vehicle -Yoink!- and to force players to play smart with vehicles.
>
> The DMR is balanced, but inconsistent and has a unecessary luck factor with bloom.

No they just need to link Vehicle damage to the players health just like halo 2 and 3. The DMR is a great weapon but if they fix where you cant spam it the game is going to become a slower paced game. If they remove bloom then the DMR will actually be good and the game will be fast paced. No other halo did you have to time your shots.