DMR, BOLTSHOT FIX

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The DMR is overpowered all the immature people use it because its the easy weapon to get kills. It has perfect accuracy the fire rate is too fast FIX NOW. If you like how the DMR is your a great example of a child also the boltshot has too much range ALSO FIX.

Why “fix” something if its not broken? The DMR and Boltshot works just as 343i intended them to.

DMR is fine and no I’m not being childish, at ranges yes the thing dominates but the thing is it’s a marksmans rifle it’s supposed to be accurate and powerful. The light rifle can be just as deadly, and I’ve been beat by BRs and ARs on countless occasions.
As for the Boltshot, stay at a distance or get the drop on them by working with your team. None of the issues stated are game breakers IMO.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Why “fix” something if its not broken? The DMR and Boltshot works just as 343i intended them to.

if thats the case, then the people at 343 are mentally handicapped

The Boltshot is a 1sk weapon you can spawn with… That is a problem.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> DMR is fine and no I’m not being childish, at ranges yes the thing dominates but the thing is it’s a marksmans rifle it’s supposed to be accurate and powerful. The light rifle can be just as deadly, and I’ve been beat by BRs and ARs on countless occasions.
> As for the Boltshot, stay at a distance or get the drop on them by working with your team. None of the issues stated are game breakers IMO.

if there are 2 people with = skill, the person with the dmr will win very time. It has a faster kill time at every distance. You are being quite childish. Think about it logically. One gun can kill consistently at long ranges and the other can’t. and that same gun kills quicker at close ranges. that -=- balance

The DMR requires you to be able to, ya know, aim, in order for it to be “broken.” If you cant do that, dont blame the game for your own shortcomings, and get better with the weapon.

No opinion on boltshot.

I GET OUTSKILLED ALL TEH TIEM!

NERF EVERYTHING BUT GRAV HAM PL0X!

Most of the time people are bad at strafing the dmr so you’ll win. However, if you miss one or two shots against any other precision weapon user you’ll be finished pretty easily.

> I GET OUTSKILLED ALL TEH TIEM!
>
> NERF EVERYTHING BUT GRAV HAM PL0X!

Lol’d because this is the logic that the COD community operates on.
“This guy killed me with a weapon that i’m not using myself, therefore it must be OP!”

>

Okay, I’ll agree it’s a quick kill. For the record I didn’t really wanna get into a debate like this (and stating an honest opinion based off of personal experience is in no way childish) but I’ll bite. Assuming 2 people that have equal skill getting into a firefight, that screams that each knows what they are doing. 1 armed with a dmr the other…let’s be sort of ‘unfair’(by your definition) here and arm the other guy with a BR, they both know what they’re doing with their respective weapons and are of equal skill. Each player has the opportunity to kill the other, but by your insight the dmr wins every time. Though I’ve seen many a person get out-classed by BRs and ARs (one of them being myself as previously stated) in a fresh firefight. It all comes down to area of expertise.

>

I disagree. I use the DMR because to me it’s the more professional to use. I DO think the Battle Rifle is a bit OP because you can do pretty much the same thing as a DMR and not have to aim thanks to the bullet spread. I’ve been in several instances where I, with DMR, have duked it out with another player using a Battle Rifle with 5 feet between us I’m dead on with 4 shots and they hit me as many times. I’m dead and they’re not. Battle Rifles use three bullets per shot and you don’t have to be as accurate to hit your opponent. That is the “noob-ier” weapon.

IMO, the Boltshot was put in by 343 to level the field between noobs and veterans. Noobs can camp in an inconspicuous corner with camo and get kills from unsuspecting vets. I have been victim of this many times.
We just have to be patient until the ranking system comes out so we don’t have to deal with them.
Just be patient.

The DMR is fine, unlike the boltshot.
That thing’s basically a shotgun you can spawn with.

The DMR is a little OP it makes all of the other starting weapons redundant. The spread of the BR makes it less desirable at long range. Whereas the DMR is laser accurate.

Well I agree the DMR is whack. The accuracy it gives you at long range and it only takes three shots, it might as well be a sniper rifle. If you get in someone’s sights long range it’s over. Simple fix give it more bloom. It’s like that gun has no recoil. That’s the problem. If a gun has that much power over long range there is gonna be recoil. It short range combat against it though you have a chance. So long as they don’t do that chicken sh*t back-up and bounce around crap. The boltshot is okay though. You just gotta be prepared for someone having it ready when you come around corner.

> Why “fix” something if its not broken? The DMR and Boltshot works just as 343i intended them to.

Because it IS broken. You just have too high of expectations and think that the game works the way they intended it to, when in reality, games almost NEVER work perfectly at the moment of release.

Such ignorance.

> Why “fix” something if its not broken? The DMR and Boltshot works just as 343i intended them to.

It IS broken since it dominates at closer ranges. That is the problem a lot of us have with it

-Remove DMR
-Remove boltshot

Done.

people who like the dmr i have one thing to say,“wow”

> it’s a marksmans rifle it’s supposed to be accurate and powerful.

The -Yoink- kind of argument is this?

It’s a game. Things are supposed to be balanced, not realistic.

But no, the DMR doesn’t need a nerf. The Battle Rifle needs buffed.