DMR AND BOLTSHOT NOT OP

DMR

The DMR dose the same amount of damage as the battle rifle. There are many weapon statistics and weapon breakdowns all over the internet to prove this. But the battle rifle shoots 3 round bursts as opposed to the DMR which fires one shot with a strong sound, creating the illusion that it is more power full. The only advantages the DMR has is its stronger zoom, and single shot makes it slightly easier to handle. If the DMR gets nurfed so that an extra shot is needed to kill than the battle rifle will be more powerful and then the community will complain about that. So essentially those who complain about the DMR are mad because one weapon is barely stronger than another.

weapon stats: Halo 4 Weapon Damage - Google Sheets

BOLTSHOT

It is NOT a mini shotgun, a shotgun has high dmg at close range with a wider hit radius unlike a shotgun your shot has to dead on accurate.It is more of a close range sniper rifle since it kills in one shot. The weapon charges so you cannot spam it.If you dont kill with thee first charge by the time you charge the second you die. The bold shot requires skill to use as well, if your too far it dose not kill, if your too close you get melee and die, and you have to aim with it. One shot kill weapons have always existed in shooters, if instead of the bolt shot you spawned with the shotgun, or sniper it would be ok because despite being one shot they are accepted by the community as part of shooters. The weapon is not even that commonly used.

Your a soldier, shooters are a competitive game, it is your job to be better than your opponent and survive. If you get killed you have no one to blame but yourself. Instead you blame the weapon. You are as well allowed to use the same weapon so its fair. If you don’t want to then don’t but don’t try to get rid of it because you don’t like it.

SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DMR AND BOLTSHOT

It would not be okay if you spawned with a Shotgun lol.

It’s not a secondary weapon :S

For the DMR… it is hitscan though and has a faster rate of fire then the BR, so for one it shouldn’t shoot faster than a close range weapon and hitscan is stupid, you don’t have to lead your shots or anything, it makes it so easy to use and requires no skill.

> The weapon is not even that commonly used.

I LOL’d here. People use it all the time, it’s ridiculous.
I think the boltshot is alright, but the thing that bothers me about it is that the range is FURTHER than the shotguns. I completely avoid shotguns now because the boltshot completely trumps them.

why not?. When someone comes around the corner and kills you with a one shot weapon it makes no difference if he got it from an ordinance drop or spawned with i

The DMR can do all of tthe damage that a battle rifle can do with one single bullet.

The Boltshot can kill a target in 1.5 seconds regardless of the situation or who was winning or losing.

You may not consider them “OP”, but undeniably with custom loadouts being limited to just the best primary and secondary every game, the DMR and BS are game breaking guns.

Spreadsheets and big bold red text wont change that.

> why not?. When someone comes around the corner and kills you with a one shot weapon it makes no difference if he got it from an ordinance drop or spawned with i

it makes a huge difference.

have you seen the stats? 2.85 vs 2.6 come on that difference is not enough to complain about and say the weapon is overpowered.

There are more posts regarding the fact that they are op compared to posts like this. I belive that same spread sheet was used in a post similar to this and someone said it wasnt accurate information, so Im assuming its not.

Name one halo game other than 4 that lets you spawn with a one-shot kill weapon in a default competitive mm gametype(not counting infection and grifball).

I disagree with you on the boltshot. You shouldn’t be able to spawn with a gun that has a greater range then the shotgun, scattershot, and yes it can even stop a sword guy in his tracks. Either nerf the range or make it appear in an ordnance drop.

no it dose not, because you dont know how he got it you just know he killed you with it.

> no it dose not, because you dont know how he got it you just know he killed you with it.

a 1/25 chance that one person on the other team got a weapon from an ordnance is a huge difference to a 1/3 chance that EVERY MEMBER ON THE OTHER TEAM has one all the time.

> I disagree with you on the boltshot. You shouldn’t be able to spawn with a gun that has a greater range then the shotgun, scattershot, and yes it can even stop a sword guy in his tracks. Either nerf the range or make it appear in an ordnance drop.

it has a close range

> no it dose not, because you dont know how he got it you just know he killed you with it.

It’s not that hard to figure it out and kill cams show you immediately.
EDIT: I misread your post

But, in response to another post, the boltshot does have a greater range than the shotty and scattershot. Go check it yourself.

I am not trying to change anything, The guns will stay the way they are and 343 wont change anything. I am just trying to limit the complaining by stating its not op

> There are more posts regarding the fact that they are op compared to posts like this. I belive that same spread sheet was used in a post similar to this and someone said it wasnt accurate information, so Im assuming its not.
>
> Name one halo game other than 4 that lets you spawn with a one-shot kill weapon in a default competitive mm gametype(not counting infection and grifball).

your are comparing halo4 to other halos, don’t halo 4 is completely different no other halos had custom load outs at all.

but isn’t it like this already? lets say that the bolt shot is a mini shotgun for this purpose, its already in custom load outs and not everyone on the team uses it.

You call this a short range? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn6LYrN82gE Here’s some evidence for you.

[deleted]

> I disagree with you on the boltshot. You shouldn’t be able to spawn with a gun that has a greater range then the shotgun, scattershot, and yes it can even stop a sword guy in his tracks. Either nerf the range or make it appear in an ordnance drop.

Nerfing the range would make you vulnerable to melee and would make the boltshot pointless. Stopping a sword guy with boltshot takes practice, charging it to max which takes a couple of seconds guarantees a kill but if you shoot at the wrong distance you only take down shields and fail.