DLC

Will the DLC ever be free? I can buy a used game for $5 at game stop like army of two…im not paying 10 for halo wars add on

DLC wont be free but Bungie gave us a discount on Noble and gave us heroic map pack and chill out.

> Will the DLC ever be free? I can buy a used game for $5 at game stop like army of two…im not paying 10 for halo wars add on

I hope not! i payed 20 dollars for all the DLC! Oh wait nevermind i only bought the Noble Map pack. I won my defiant map pack from these forums. But most of you newbies dont know since you werent here back then :p.

<4 <343

wow a free map pack after every one stopped playing the game. Not asking for free. but really…20$ for the add ons…i bought the entire game for that much. The map packs dont have as much as an entire game and have zero value. At least the game I could sell for like $10 at a garage sale. Even Fallout 3…Had what like 5 add ons. each 10$…but they came out with the game of the year edition. Bought it on amazon for $20. Entire game plus 5 add ons for 20$…much more worth it.

> wow a free map pack after every one stopped playing the game. Not asking for free. but really…20$ for the add ons…i bought the entire game for that much. The map packs dont have as much as an entire game and have zero value. At least the game I could sell for like $10 at a garage sale. Even Fallout 3…Had what like 5 add ons. each 10$…but they came out with the game of the year edition. Bought it on amazon for $20. Entire game plus 5 add ons for 20$…much more worth it.

If you feel that way about DLC then why are you making this thread? LOL…Dont worry about it if you think it has zero value.

<4 <343

> > wow a free map pack after every one stopped playing the game. Not asking for free. but really…20$ for the add ons…i bought the entire game for that much. The map packs dont have as much as an entire game and have zero value. At least the game I could sell for like $10 at a garage sale. Even Fallout 3…Had what like 5 add ons. each 10$…but they came out with the game of the year edition. Bought it on amazon for $20. Entire game plus 5 add ons for 20$…much more worth it.
>
> If you feel that way about DLC then why are you making this thread? LOL…Dont worry about it if you think it has zero value.
>
> <4 <343

it has zero sell back value. its not tangible.

> > > wow a free map pack after every one stopped playing the game. Not asking for free. but really…20$ for the add ons…i bought the entire game for that much. The map packs dont have as much as an entire game and have zero value. At least the game I could sell for like $10 at a garage sale. Even Fallout 3…Had what like 5 add ons. each 10$…but they came out with the game of the year edition. Bought it on amazon for $20. Entire game plus 5 add ons for 20$…much more worth it.
> >
> > If you feel that way about DLC then why are you making this thread? LOL…Dont worry about it if you think it has zero value.
> >
> > <4 <343
>
> it has zero sell back value. its not tangible.

So if your not a crazy halo fan like alot of us here and buy the DLC because it enhances the multiplayer experience and or just because its Halo related. Then you shouldnt be getting the DLC anyways. Just live your life man.

<4 <343

Its not that I dont like halo. Im here arent I? Im just saying its a rip off to not drop the price on it. Just because it is downloadable it doesnt drop, but physical discs do? doesnt make any sence.

I agree, most DLC for any games cost almost twice the price of what the game sells for.

> I agree, most DLC for any games cost almost twice the price of what the game sells for.

Nothing is ever going to be worth retail value when you buy it because if you dont know the value decreases as soon as you buy it even if you have opened it or not.

To the OP:

I never said you where not a fan, i said you arent a crazy fan like some of us that buy anything with the words Halo on it no matter the price. If you dont want to spend money on the DLC then dont worry about it. Also what would be the point of having the DLC when no one plays the game?

<4 <343

<4 <343

No i never said i didnt want it…in my post all i asked was will it be free… I never intended on someone saying oh yeah they should market halo items for expensive as they can. Actually no. not everything decrease in value after it is purchased, Look at a superman #1 comic for example, im not an expert but i think it was a 10 cent comic, now worth around 250k…

Im just saying that it id downloadable content that can not be duplicated by easy means (like burning movies or CD) or legally for that matter if it is possible.

I just think it is dumb if 2 downloadable add ons which are just parts of a game are now worth the same as the game itself. I might still buy them, probably when i get a gift card or something, it isn’t high priority to me.

All I was asking is if they will make them free or reduce them at some point. And saying that it is dumb how most of the time they dont drop in price.

> No i never said i didnt want it…in my post all i asked was will it be free… I never intended on someone saying oh yeah they should market halo items for expensive as they can. Actually no. not everything decrease in value after it is purchased, Look at a superman #1 comic for example, im not an expert but i think it was a 10 cent comic, now worth around 250k…

Yea at the time 10cents was retail value, but now the retail value is 250k like you said.

I dont think we will see the DLC free or reduced anytime soon.

<4 <343

The platinum hits version of the game comes with them.

I seem to remember something about an upcoming DLC sale. Let’s hope my memory is serving me correctly!

> I seem to remember something about an upcoming DLC sale. Let’s hope my memory is serving me correctly!

That would be awesome. I really, really want to play Highlands 8v8 on a regular basis.

> I seem to remember something about an upcoming DLC sale. Let’s hope my memory is serving me correctly!

Thanks for making me look dumb :smiley:

<4 <343

I bought the Halo wars Map pack. I play it enough, and it’s a pretty good map pack. It’s got almost 7 maps in it. I think. I am dissapointed that DLC price dosn’t drop due to it being so controllable. Digital media is the future however, so get ready for the $60 standard price for games. Oh well. at least it’s not $15 like some OTHER DLC…not mentioning other names.

sweetness. maybe ill look into that platinum hits version. if i can find it for $20 and sell mine, then its like having the game and add ons for 10. thatd be awesome value

Speaking of Halo wars DLC, i’m kind of glad that The strategic options DLC came out. I don’t quite feel like buying it, but its good to see game modes for an RTS other the standard deathmath and whatnot. I hope innovation like this keeps popping up where we least expect it.

yeah thats awesome…and yeah you can get premium on amazon for less than 20! This only proves that bungie should drop the prices to stay competitive. Boarders are now closing because they cant compete with amazon, not saying bungie cant compete (theyd probably win)…but they should lol.