"DLC"

We’ve only gotten 2 maps so far. I’m not counting forged maps because that is lame stuff to be calling dlc. We’ve gotten overgrowth and Noctus. And overgrowth is pretty awful. No one is thanking 343 for it lol.

And then we have Noctus, which seems to be getting mixed feelings from the community. (From the comments I’ve seen it seems to be about 50-50)

But you can almost discount Noctus as a legitimate dlc, because we saw a bit of it in pre-release trailers, meaning that it was either ready, and they were just chopping it off so they can say it is dlc later to do less work, or it wasn’t ready, which I find hard to believe since there’s nothing extremely crazy different about it. I mean, they just give us another 2 wardens and reuse the garages from the other warzone maps.

Forge doesn’t count as DLC either. We should’ve had forge at launch. I don’t know why it was put off for so long, since it must have been ready enough to give us our stupid btb maps, yet it is also riddled with bugs. WTF?

343 is really giving us the bare minimum, it seems.

All else we’ve really gotten is more vehicle variants (which are immensely stupid and only used to over-saturate the req system), armors (most of which are already existing but with a different skin), and a “classic” br (which is a plain lie, because all it is is the same Br with a different scope).

If you’re not going to give us any real, meaningful content, just let Halo 5 die and focus on making Halo 6 worthwhile, please.

> 2533274905097737;1:
> We’ve only gotten 2 maps so far. I’m not counting forged maps because that is lame stuff to be calling dlc. We’ve gotten overgrowth and Noctus. And overgrowth is pretty awful. No one is thanking 343 for it lol.
>
> And then we have Noctus, which seems to be getting mixed feelings from the community. (From the comments I’ve seen it seems to be about 50-50)
>
> But you can almost discount Noctus as a legitimate dlc, because we saw a bit of it in pre-release trailers, meaning that it was either ready, and they were just chopping it off so they can say it is dlc later to do less work, or it wasn’t ready, which I find hard to believe since there’s nothing extremely crazy different about it. I mean, they just give us another 2 wardens and reuse the garages from the other warzone maps.
>
> Forge doesn’t count as DLC either. We should’ve had forge at launch. I don’t know why it was put off for so long, since it must have been ready enough to give us our stupid btb maps, yet it is also riddled with bugs. WTF?
>
> 343 is really giving us the bare minimum, it seems.
>
> All else we’ve really gotten is more vehicle variants (which are immensely stupid and only used to over-saturate the req system), armors (most of which are already existing but with a different skin), and a “classic” br (which is a plain lie, because all it is is the same Br with a different scope).
>
> If you’re not going to give us any real, meaningful content, just let Halo 5 die and focus on making Halo 6 worthwhile, please.

Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.

> 2533274907430989;2:
> > 2533274905097737;1:
> >
>
>
> Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.

It’s not so much about the lack of DLC, so much as it is the quality of the dlc, which is very awful. It’s a slap in the face, really.

Not everyone is experiencing forge bugs, but they’re occurring often enough that it makes you wonder why they delayed forge, because it definitely wasn’t to polish it.

Well, I’m not going to complain about getting more stuff, even if some of it should’ve been there at launch or shouldn’t really be in a DLC.

You’re right though, the quality is lackluster. My last post seems a bit misleading, 343 is doing good, but they seem a bit lazy right now.

> 2533274905097737;3:
> > 2533274907430989;2:
> > > 2533274905097737;1:
> > >
> >
> >
> > Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.
>
>
> It’s not so much about the lack of DLC, so much as it is the quality of the dlc, which is very awful. It’s a slap in the face, really.
>
> Not everyone is experiencing forge bugs, but they’re occurring often enough that it makes you wonder why they delayed forge, because it definitely wasn’t to polish it.

As a person who never plays the game nor has has taken it upon himself to even try on your account, why does this concern you?

> 2533274905097737;3:
> > 2533274907430989;2:
> > > 2533274905097737;1:
> > >
> >
> >
> > Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.
>
>
> It’s not so much about the lack of DLC, so much as it is the quality of the dlc, which is very awful. It’s a slap in the face, really.
>
> Not everyone is experiencing forge bugs, but they’re occurring often enough that it makes you wonder why they delayed forge, because it definitely wasn’t to polish it.

The “DLC” (Never once did I hear them consider this part of our maps we would get free but I honestly don’t care if it is) is honestly not bad for content being added in (this is mostly to keep people coming back every month really) and if this is cut content, who cares? at least they aren’t charging for it.

> 2533274848577435;6:
> > 2533274905097737;3:
> > > 2533274907430989;2:
> > > > 2533274905097737;1:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.
> >
> >
> > It’s not so much about the lack of DLC, so much as it is the quality of the dlc, which is very awful. It’s a slap in the face, really.
> >
> > Not everyone is experiencing forge bugs, but they’re occurring often enough that it makes you wonder why they delayed forge, because it definitely wasn’t to polish it.
>
>
> As a person who never plays the game nor has has taken it upon himself to even try on your account, why does this concern you?

I have yet to buy it myself because the quantity and quality of the content in the game doesn’t justify a $60 purchase. I’m content playing it in short bursts at a friends house for the time being until the game has some meat on its bones.

As for why it concerns me, its because I care about Halo. It is my favorite game of all time, and the game that even got me into the FPS genre in the first place. I want it to succeed. I want to bring back the legendary old times where everyone and their mother and their mothers’ dogs were playing Halo, and we never had to worry about micro transactions or a lack of content or worry about the future of the franchise at all.

I’ve loved the DLC so far. I’ve very much enjoyed the forged maps, and Overgrowth. Forge is freaking great despite a few bugs (not by any means riddled, not even close.) People here seem to forget all past forges had bugs. The new machinima options for custom games are great. They seem to be listening and taking steps to fill gaps they’ve left and add/fix things that the community wants. This content is far from meaningless. Halo 5 is just getting started. That’s what I think.

> 2533274907430989;7:
> > 2533274905097737;3:
> > > 2533274907430989;2:
> > > > 2533274905097737;1:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Dude it hasn’t even been 2 months and you’re complaining about no DLC, Halo 4 took around 3-4 months for the first map pack to come out, if you were complaining about the lack of social game modes, then I would agree with you on that, also bugs? what? Only “big” bug with forge was vehicle placements get floated up that’s it. Also never thought I’d see the day where people were complaining about free DLC taking time to come out.
> >
> >
> > It’s not so much about the lack of DLC, so much as it is the quality of the dlc, which is very awful. It’s a slap in the face, really.
> >
> > Not everyone is experiencing forge bugs, but they’re occurring often enough that it makes you wonder why they delayed forge, because it definitely wasn’t to polish it.
>
>
> The “DLC” (Never once did I hear them consider this part of our maps we would get free but I honestly don’t care if it is) is honestly not bad for content being added in (this is mostly to keep people coming back every month really) and if this is cut content, who cares? at least they aren’t charging for it.

I agree that adding content is not a bad thing. But if they keep adding pitiful content like this, no one is going to want to return every month. I can’t imagine that anyone would even want to come back if all they add are a 2 or 3 maps and nothing else. Its just the same stuff we’ve been playing but on different mediocre maps. Maybe if they added a load of gametypes at once, that would keep some players coming back daily. But if they only want to give us 2 maps and only oddball next month, then they’re not going to bring anyone around.

Agree with everything you said. Honestly if Infection isn’t in the next update, I’ll firmly believe they don’t listen to their community at all. It was by far the most custom gametype played, and in every single thread asking what people what, it’s listed there multiple times. Most forgers make maps solely for infection.

It’d also be pretty cool if 343 would give us an indication of what they are going to add next. As far as I know we have no idea of what is coming in January.

> 2533274905097737;1:
> 343 is really giving us the bare minimum, it seems.

You’re just NOW realizing this???