DLC Vehicles for Halo 4?

So with all UNSC flying vehicles out the window and alot less vehicles than expected,will we see the inclusion of new vehicles in the DLC Wargames “Map Packs”

Will this happen?

Should this happen?

I dont think it will to be a realist, but it should happen. Many other games have DLC that features new vehicles AND new weapons.

BF3 comes to mind the quickest.

I beleive this same concept could work for halo.

I would love to see a UNSC Flying Vehicle in a DLC. Just doesnt seem right without one.

The MAMMOTH would also be an awesome addition to the MM vehicle sandbox.

Most of the stuff from Halo Wars.

A pelican for forge only (not in MM as it just can’t work)

DLC Spartan Ops with a vulture mission

Forerunner vehicles.

I don’t know if 343’s code works the same way as Bungie’s but it used to be that if they wanted to add new stuff to the game they would basically have to completely redo the code for the whole map so the new thing could work. But like I said I don’t know if 343’s works like that. But we could still have new map specific vehicles?

> I don’t know if 343’s code works the same way as Bungie’s but it used to be that if they wanted to add new stuff to the game they would basically have to completely redo the code for the whole map so the new thing could work. But like I said I don’t know if 343’s works like that. But we could still have new map specific vehicles?

Yes, I believe you are correct the information for vehicles or weapons is in the map code.

Yes we could have map specific vehicles. I would be completely happy with that. Especially if it were a new forge map with more open terrian

well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.

> I don’t know if 343’s code works the same way as Bungie’s but it used to be that if they wanted to add new stuff to the game they would basically have to completely redo the code for the whole map so the new thing could work. But like I said I don’t know if 343’s works like that. But we could still have new map specific vehicles?

I think the code works differently now. If you remember the GRD armor, I think it was a clue from 343i that they had changed the code to allow for armor DLC. Since, I think, vehicles work the same way as armor in Bungie’s code, if armor DLC is allowed then vehicle DLC should be too.

But that’s all theory. I would love to see some vehicle DLC though.

> well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.

Hmmm, I think your right. You cant place choppers in forge mode on Valhalla. If it was done in Halo 3, It can be done in Halo 4!

Wait. Didnt sandtrap have Choppers?

> > I don’t know if 343’s code works the same way as Bungie’s but it used to be that if they wanted to add new stuff to the game they would basically have to completely redo the code for the whole map so the new thing could work. But like I said I don’t know if 343’s works like that. But we could still have new map specific vehicles?
>
> I think the code works differently now. If you remember the GRD armor, I think it was a clue from 343i that they had changed the code to allow for armor DLC. Since, I think, vehicles work the same way as armor in Bungie’s code, if armor DLC is allowed then vehicle DLC should be too.
>
> But that’s all theory. I would love to see some vehicle DLC though.

I really doubt that, the GRD armor was most likely just a developer version of the game that they had been messing with.

We know Halo 4 is based on Reach’s engine. I’m guessing there would have to be some major re-coding to change that aspect of the game (considering all Halo games have operated this way). That specific aspect is a fundamental quality of the engine and how it references all sorts of data throughout the entire game. Highly doubtful IMO.

> > well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.
>
> Hmmm, I think your right. You cant place choppers in forge mode on Valhalla. If it was done in Halo 3, It can be done in Halo 4!

Sandtrap had choppers… An I believe that was shipped with the game

You also couldn’t place a sentinel beam on the map but you could on others

definite yes on my part,
i just hope that if you BUY the maps packs with vehicles,
make it so you are able to use said new vehicles on ALL PREVIOUS maps as well as the new ones

i like BF3, but it pisses me off tat i can’t use the new vehicles on older maps

That would be really cool, but getting them balanced in the sandbox would be quite difficult I think…

> > well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.
>
> Hmmm, I think your right. You cant place choppers in forge mode on Valhalla. If it was done in Halo 3, It can be done in Halo 4!
>
> Wait. Didnt sandtrap have Choppers?

i think sandtrap was dlc correct?

Where is the official list of vehicles. Oh wait, the list isn’t released, so don’t count your chickens.

> > > well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.
> >
> > Hmmm, I think your right. You cant place choppers in forge mode on Valhalla. If it was done in Halo 3, It can be done in Halo 4!
> >
> > Wait. Didnt sandtrap have Choppers?
>
> i think sandtrap was dlc correct?

No.

The only vehicle that I recall being added in a dlc was in Halo 3 with the Transport Hornet on Avalanche. Although, I’m not sure if that is really considered a vehicle that was added to the game.

Uh, no new vehicles were added into Halo 3 DLC. That said, they did add Forge pieces like the soccer ball and I do not see how the same couldn’t be applied to vehicles :slight_smile:

>
>
> Wait. Didnt sandtrap have Choppers?

what are you guys talking about? plenty of maps have choppers on them! Valhalla had them, Sandtrap had them, Avalanche, Standoff, I am pretty sure Isolation even has them.

where were you guys? I mean did you never use forge? and Choppers are default on sandtrap!

seriously why has this forum started sprouting people who have seemingly never played Halo? (no offense)

> > > well all of halo 3s standard maps didnt have choppers but all of the rest of the dlc did and the chopper was only in the campaign, maybe the second vehicle (which i am constantly hearing will probably be campaign exclusive) can show up in dlc later as a prebuilt object so theres no need to change code around.
> >
> > Hmmm, I think your right. You cant place choppers in forge mode on Valhalla. If it was done in Halo 3, It can be done in Halo 4!
> >
> > Wait. Didnt sandtrap have Choppers?
>
> what are you guys talking about? plenty of maps have choppers on them! Valhalla had them, Sandtrap had them, Avalanche, Standoff, I am pretty sure Isolation even has them.
>
> where were you guys? I mean did you never use forge? and Choppers are default on sandtrap!
>
> seriously why has this forum started sprouting people who have seemingly never played Halo? (no offense)

-_- i mean in non dlc playlists and maps there are NO choppers i would know because i dont have dlc and i play halo 3 and have never encountered a chopper