DLC Rotational Playlists might come "Proof"

We all know we want to play the DLC maps. I wanted to find out if 343 would ever add any DLC playlists back. I have seen many threads on here asking and I also wanted to know. So, here is proof that they will most likely come back as 2 week rotational playlists.

bsangel’s Response <— Click the link

Yes, I would LOVE to finally play the new maps =]

Obviously people posting had an effect on them “looking into adding”.

So what do you guys think and what maps are you most excited to play again?

Thanks god

I miss Castle the most. We’ve had Crimson and Majestic twice, and since Castle’s disappearance, I’ve played on only one of those maps once (Daybreak) and it was in the CTF playlist. Castle easily has the best maps of the 3 map packs revolving around firesquad names.

> I miss Castle the most. We’ve had Crimson and Majestic twice, and since Castle’s disappearance, I’ve played on only one of those maps once (Daybreak) and it was in the CTF playlist. Castle easily has the best maps of the 3 map packs revolving around firesquad names.

Yes daybreak is awesome. I do like Castle a lot. So lets hope thats the one playlist that they brink back =] Heck any DLC playlist will make me happy

i left xbox live just before castle.

started playing again now and i really wanted to play those maps and to get the achievments but its just impossible to get these maps T_T

“Looking into” is a placating term, it’s not going to happen.

> “Looking into” is a placating term, it’s not going to happen.

If they werent going to then they would have just said “we have not plans”. They didnt say that. They did say that they are looking into adding DLC maps into a playlist thats rotational.

Have some hope man.

In 343 we trust…

> We all know we want to play the DLC maps. I wanted to find out if 343 would ever add any DLC playlists back. I have seen many threads on here asking and I also wanted to know. So, here is proof that they will most likely come back as 2 week rotational playlists.
>
> bsangel’s Response <— Click the link
>
> Yes, I would LOVE to finally play the new maps =]
>
> Obviously people posting had an effect on them “looking into adding”.
>
> So what do you guys think and what maps are you most excited to play again?

They are bringing back DLC PLAYLIST!!! Dude, I just creamed my pants.

Na, 4 real though. Thanks to all those who posted and thanks 343i for answering our plight.

While I am very glad they’re doing this, I’m just hoping they don’t do what they did last time, which was have Crimson and Castle show up once, but Majestic like three times. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Majestic Map Pack. But I love the Castle Map Pack too (if not more than Majestic).

I would love to play the castle playlist again…

> > “Looking into” is a placating term, it’s not going to happen.
>
> <mark>If they werent going to then they would have just said “we have not plans”.</mark> They didnt say that. They did say that they are looking into adding DLC maps into a playlist thats rotational.
>
> Have some hope man.

Tell that to the custom game community.

> We absolutely know that (we read the thread regularly). <mark>We are investigating various options behind the scenes</mark>, but we are not at a point where we have anything we can share. Many, many apologies for that.

The only thing that came from 343’s word is a 250+ page thread.

Even though I have lost a great deal of faith in 343, I still hope 343 pull through with this. I really would like to play Wreckage again…

in 343 we trust™…

Well Guys,

WE DID IT! They said it couldn’t be done and 343i proved them wrong. DLC playlists are in the rotation. I want to thank everyone for stepping up and making your voices heard.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2013/10/02/Matchmaking-Playlist-Calendar.aspx

I really, really hope that they keep releasing rotations because I’m really looking forward to some of the playlists beside DLC like that Ninja Assassins.

Thanks 343i.

It’s still not good enough! We need guaranteed access to our DLC maps, not a temporary playlist! Because they’ll just take it away again just like that, yeah it’s better than nothing but the soultion really, really is not hard one bit.

Simply have two static playlist, you don’t pointless remove or re consolidate into others:

Team DLC (4v4 - Smaller maps)
Squad DLC (6v6 - Bigger maps)

> Well Guys,
>
> WE DID IT! They said it couldn’t be done and 343i proved them wrong. DLC playlists are in the rotation. I want to thank everyone for stepping up and making your voices heard.
>
> https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2013/10/02/Matchmaking-Playlist-Calendar.aspx
> Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5jel8Quy2g
>
> I really, really hope that they keep releasing rotations because I’m really looking forward to some of the playlists beside DLC like that Ninja Assassins.
>
> Thanks 343i.

WE did nothing. The playlist calendar you linked was posted on this site a month before this post even existed. Even then, it was probably planned at least a couple of months before that.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> We all know we want to play the DLC maps. I wanted to find out if 343 would ever add any DLC playlists back. I have seen many threads on here asking and I also wanted to know. So, here is proof that they will most likely come back as 2 week rotational playlists.
>
> bsangel’s Response <— Click the link
>
> Yes, I would LOVE to finally play the new maps =]
>
> Obviously people posting had an effect on them “looking into adding”.
>
> So what do you guys think and what maps are you most excited to play again?

They are looking for a ear now…

I dont understand why it appears to be so difficult for them to implement this. It should have been there since there was even any DLC. It would be logical. Bungie did that since day 1 of DLC content.

And why it has to be “rotational” is beyond me.

> I dont understand why it appears to be so difficult for them to implement this. It should have been there since there was even any DLC. It would be logical. Bungie did that since day 1 of DLC content.
>
> And why it has to be “rotational” is beyond me.

Yes Bungie made playlists on the day all the DLC was released, but they also removed them about 2 months or so later, when they were integrated into the regular playlists. Bungie did exactly the same as what 343 are doing now, so both companies are no different from each other in the respect of implementing DLC playlists.

The only difference with Bungie is that starting from the release of the Mythic map packs, the DLC was made a requirement for all but 4 playlists. The reason DLC was played more in Halo 3 is because there was a vast population of DLC owners to match up with (please note the only DLC playlist left in Halo 3 is Team Mythic and even then it is hardly populated). In Halo 4, DLC owners are a minority compared to non DLC owners, thus making the DLC maps show up a lot less than people would like.

I’d like to be able to play on the DLC I payed for, so this would be a nice change. They should make DLC Slayer, BTB, CTF, and Objective.

I don’t remember where I mentioned this, but I’d like it if they made a DLC playlist consisting of team slayer/objective games where the DLC maps would rotate each week.

Week 1: Crimson
Week 2: Majestic
Week 3: Castle

Rinse, repeat …

That way if your looking to work on a specific map pack, your not waiting forever for it to return.