DLC Matchmaking

Does anyone know if there’s a way to boost the odds of getting a DLC map in matchmaking? I never seem to get a party that has all DLC, which really sucks because I was looking forward to playing on it. If anyone’s interested in playing as well, I’d be happy to work something out

No idea, but they need to make a dlc playlist, specifically for those which have the packs. Almost nobody who plays it seems to have the dlc packs installed, which alienates those which genuinely do, forced to play the same maps over, and over and over again. Either make a DLC playlist, or give everyone dlc maps, the latter of which I have an issue with.

I know the reach comparisons make people think no one would play on them, but I’ve seen at least a few complaints about it on here. Seems like it’d be worth it to bring back a dlc playlist temporarily at least. Yeah, I don’t know about free, but I do think $31 dollars now is too much to charge. I think lowering that a little would help

Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…

> 2533274897315257;4:
> Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…

I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.

As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.

I think players that haven’t purchased the map pack do contribute to a lower probability that a DLC map do get selected. Pay DLC maps start to get a problem for a game when the population get lower. That is the main advantage for Halo 5. There are no pay to play maps that split the community.

> 2533274850493408;5:
> > 2533274897315257;4:
> > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
>
> I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
>
> As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.

I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.

> 2533274850493408;5:
> > 2533274897315257;4:
> > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
>
> I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
>
> As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.

I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.

> 2535469120778295;7:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> >
> > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> >
> > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
>
> I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.

Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.

> 2533274897315257;8:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> >
> > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> >
> > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
>
> I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
>
>
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > >
> > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> >
> > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
>
> Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.

In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).

But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?

> 2533274897315257;8:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> >
> >
>
> I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
>
>
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > >
> > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> >
> > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
>
> Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.

It would at least avoid splitting the community. I don’t know if DLC players are separated in matchmaking and it is a very high chance that it’s the case. I think 343 may save some money by dropping the DLCs for free.

> 2533274850493408;9:
> > 2533274897315257;8:
> > >
> > >
> >
> > I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
> >
> >
> > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > >
> > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > >
> > > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
> >
> > Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.
>
> In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).
>
> But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?

I think kixeye should drop all the old Halo game DLCs free at the same time. All of these games are very old.

> 2533274850493408;9:
> > 2533274897315257;8:
> > >
> > >
> >
> > I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
> >
> >
> > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > >
> > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > >
> > > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
> >
> > Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.
>
> In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).
>
> But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?

Fair enough, I just don’t like the majority of the changes Halo 5 introduced such as Spartan charges, the uselessly-close radar, recycled remix maps and changes to Sprint and aim mechanics. I do think the campaign was great and they made some great upgrades to the weapons, especially the default pistol.

And yes, I’m all for releasing the Reach DLC for free too!

> 2533274897315257;12:
> > 2533274850493408;9:
> > > 2533274897315257;8:
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > > >
> > > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > > >
> > > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > > >
> > > > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
> > >
> > > Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.
> >
> > In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).
> >
> > But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?
>
> Fair enough, I just don’t like the majority of the changes Halo 5 introduced such as Spartan charges, the uselessly-close radar, recycled remix maps and changes to Sprint and aim mechanics. I do think the campaign was great and they made some great upgrades to the weapons, especially the default pistol.
>
> And yes, I’m all for releasing the Reach DLC for free too!

I absolutely agree with the radar, spartan charge, and the garbage maps. I just feel that at its core, Halo 5 is a solid game. Sure, there are a lot of cruddy aspects to it (like the multiplayer lobby UI? seriously guys?? did nobody play test this game?), but I think it’s got the basics down pat. It’s just building around the core that needs improving.

Anyone interested in boosting the DLC Achievements for Halo 4? I have all the DLC. Do you?

> 2533274850493408;13:
> > 2533274897315257;12:
> > > 2533274850493408;9:
> > > > 2533274897315257;8:
> > > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > > >
> > > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > > >
> > > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > > >
> > > > I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > > > >
> > > > > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
> > > >
> > > > Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.
> > >
> > > In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).
> > >
> > > But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?
> >
> > Fair enough, I just don’t like the majority of the changes Halo 5 introduced such as Spartan charges, the uselessly-close radar, recycled remix maps and changes to Sprint and aim mechanics. I do think the campaign was great and they made some great upgrades to the weapons, especially the default pistol.
> >
> > And yes, I’m all for releasing the Reach DLC for free too!
>
> I absolutely agree with the radar, spartan charge, and the garbage maps. I just feel that at its core, Halo 5 is a solid game. Sure, there are a lot of cruddy aspects to it (like the multiplayer lobby UI? seriously guys?? did nobody play test this game?), but I think it’s got the basics down pat. It’s just building around the core that needs improving.

Agreed, I think the core is there for Halo 6 to be made into something really great. One more thing while I have your ear- the amount of time they make you wait to respawn in Halo 5 really bothers me; as someone who plays very aggressively and dies often, Halo 4 was much more fun in that you can almost immediately jump back into the action. I understand it’s done to foster the competitive aspect of Halo 5 but still…

> 2533274897315257;15:
> > 2533274850493408;13:
> > > 2533274897315257;12:
> > > > 2533274850493408;9:
> > > > > 2533274897315257;8:
> > > > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’d call Halo 5 inferior lol.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274850493408;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274897315257;4:
> > > > > > > > Yeah it stinks, I re-bought Halo 4’s GOTY edition to take advantage of the DLC maps and never get to play them. Why there isn’t a permanent DLC-only playlist is beyond me. Too bad it seems 343 is more interested in adding REQ’s to the inferior Halo 5…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I wouldn’t call Halo 5 inferior, it’s just where the money is being currently made. Halo 4 is 4 years old at this point, so it’s kind of like asking for support for Halo 3 games when they’re releasing Halo CEA and working on Halo 4. I do agree that a “DLC required” playlist would be nice so you at least get the maps, but it’s too little too late at this point.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > As to why they still charge full price for DLC for games that are 4+ years old - that’s all greek to me. Bungie used to slowly discount DLC content, so other than Microsoft loving to Scrooge McDuck dive into all the gold coins they make off ancient relics, I don’t see the point.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I do think 343 should make all the older map packs free for everyone. It would also benefit the players that have bought the map pack by letting them find a match much quicker because the community would not get split.
> > > > >
> > > > > Agreed, the good will they’d foster by making the Halo 4 DLC free would probably be worth more than the couple of dollars they might make now if someone were to purchase the game’s DLC 4 years later.
> > > >
> > > > In terms of multiplayer, I’d definitely say Halo 5 is leaps and bounds better than 4 (gameplay wise, not all the other crap wise).
> > > >
> > > > But if they’re going to make the Halo 4 DLC free, can we at least get the Halo 3 and Reach DLC free first?
> > >
> > > Fair enough, I just don’t like the majority of the changes Halo 5 introduced such as Spartan charges, the uselessly-close radar, recycled remix maps and changes to Sprint and aim mechanics. I do think the campaign was great and they made some great upgrades to the weapons, especially the default pistol.
> > >
> > > And yes, I’m all for releasing the Reach DLC for free too!
> >
> > I absolutely agree with the radar, spartan charge, and the garbage maps. I just feel that at its core, Halo 5 is a solid game. Sure, there are a lot of cruddy aspects to it (like the multiplayer lobby UI? seriously guys?? did nobody play test this game?), but I think it’s got the basics down pat. It’s just building around the core that needs improving.
>
> Agreed, I think the core is there for Halo 6 to be made into something really great. One more thing while I have your ear- the amount of time they make you wait to respawn in Halo 5 really bothers me; as someone who plays very aggressively and dies often, Halo 4 was much more fun in that you can almost immediately jump back into the action. I understand it’s done to foster the competitive aspect of Halo 5 but still…

I’ll have to think about that next time I hop into Halo 5 - it’s honestly something I haven’t noticed. I also have played Halo 4 the least of all the Halos, but I do remember how it was different from the others where there wasn’t the “beep - beep - beep - respawn” countdown timer of the classic ones. The “press X to respawn” in Warzone always bothers me, but I get why that’s there.