DLC MAPS....

I bought all the DLC maps (crimson, majestic and castle) when they were released- except the the last few that were released (bullseye etc?)

Anyway… kind of feels like I wasted my money, seeing as I’ve played about 5 games on the DLC maps I have bought, which is why I held fire on the bullseyes ones (or whatever they are called).

BUT

there is a way to fix this… just make ALL the DLC maps FREE for EVERYONE!, i don’t know about the rest of the community but I personally would not care if all the people who didn’t buy the DLC maps just got given them for free, because at least then it would mean I (and all the other people who bought the DLC maps) would actually be able to play them! regularly!

I am aware of the fact that 343 is a business and exists to make money at the end of day… BUT it kind of feels like a kick in the teeth throwing money at 343 for the maps to then not be able to actually play them on matchmaking…!?

Making the maps free for everyone would also increase the matchmaking population generating more buzz around the halo franchise, preparing 343 for the Halo 5 launch better. (would you rather get a few more DLC map sales or a higher population?- because not many more people will bother buying the map packs now anyway…)

I KNOW they may lose some profit, but right now it feels like the profit they gained from the DLC maps was a scam, and was undeserved.

so please 343, make the DLC maps free !! it will benefit you and us, the players, in the long run

Dude all the dlc is way better than all maps but we never get to play them I wish they were free too, even though I bought all of them

Unfortunately it’s Microsofts policy to not release any DLC with achievements attached to it for free. I bought them all and don’t even play the game anymore but I still wouldn’t mind if they were free. I’d like to see MS change their stance on that in the future and do maps for free and charge for armor, weapon skins, and other DLC that doesn’t change how the game is played or split the community.

> Unfortunately it’s Microsofts policy to not release any DLC with achievements attached to it for free. I bought them all and don’t even play the game anymore but I still wouldn’t mind if they were free. I’d like to see MS change their stance on that in the future and do maps for free and charge for armor, weapon skins, and other DLC that doesn’t change how the game is played or split the community.

This.

Not to mention that making new maps and releasing them does take up some of 343i’s resources. Sure, they can probably release one map on a net loss, but we’re talking about several sets of map packs. I’m sure they want some compensation from it if people are gonna start freely using it.

I’m still waiting for that fabled DLC-only playlist.

I just want them to make a all dlc playlist for the ones that got the dlc its only fair I never got to play most of the dlc cuz I was working and now that I have time to I can’t play them :sweat:

Straight and Simple all playlists should have the DLC added in NOT REQUIRED but add so its possible you could get them in all most any playlist.

Having all the DLC and then only having 1 DLC map in BTB is just ridiculous when almost all the DLC is BTB maps .

On top of the fact there’s no DLC playlist anymore + ( Castle map pack never came back)