DLC Maps Corrupt - Super frustrated here.

Hey Waypoint,

So, I remember back when Xbox LIVE for the Original Xbox was being shut down there was several warnings to double check that you have your purchased DLC on your current console for your Original Xbox games as you won’t be able to download it after LIVE is shut off for the Original Xbox.

I went online in Halo 2 to make sure I had all the map packs - no problems, they were all on my console and all worked fine both in online and offline play.

Great, that’s done.

Now, however, when I load up Halo 2 and go into a multiplayer lobby (for offline play, obviously) and go to select a map, it tells me my “Downloaded Maps are corrupt or missing. Please redownload them.”

I went to my System Settings and Memory and checked the Halo 2 save folder - all the map packs are there.

Hopefully now you can understand why I am frustrated - I went on before Xbox LIVE was shut off for Original Xbox and made sure I had all my maps - and now it says they are corrupt and I must redownload them… which is obviously not possible. It’s very frustrating and I feel like I have been robbed all of the money that I paid for them.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to get them working - I’m open. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Thanks for any tips on how I can get the problem fixed - I appreciate any advice.

Cheers!

AHal

Did you try another game for the original Xbox? It might be your old Xbox’s hardrive has gone bad. Try another game to make sure everything loads properly.

Did you get a new 360 and do a file transfer since downloading those maps? If so, that’s your problem, as original xbox DLC is tied to both console and hard drive, so when transferred to a new hard drive, it has problems because it doesn’t recognize the machine it’s on, so needs to be re-downloaded to work. While you can get the first 9 DLC maps back through a copy of the Multiplayer Map Pack disc (if you can still find it anywhere, or know someone who has it), as far as I know there’s no way to get back Desolation and Tombstone.

> Did you get a new 360 and do a file transfer since downloading those maps? If so, that’s your problem, as original xbox DLC is tied to both console and hard drive, so when transferred to a new hard drive, it has problems because it doesn’t recognize the machine it’s on, so needs to be re-downloaded to work. While you can get the first 9 DLC maps back through a copy of the Multiplayer Map Pack disc (if you can still find it anywhere, or know someone who has it), as far as I know there’s no way to get back Desolation and Tombstone.

I had my console sent in for repair and Microsoft sent me back a replacement console. The license transfer was done and I was able to redownload and transfer licenses for all of my Xbox 360 purchases, but I guess this leaves me SOL for my purchased Halo 2 maps.

This is quite frustrating. I’ve lost the maps and I’ve lost the money I paid for them… all at no fault of my own.

This whole licensing thing needs to be tied only to the hard drive not the console.

The worst part about all this is when I try to get support for it from Xbox Support, they say, “Unfortunately, we no longer support the original Xbox or original Xbox Games.” Well duh, but you’re the ones who broke my content that was working perfectly.

Argh. I will see if I can find them somewhere on the internet that will allow me to transfer them onto my console or something…

Is there a reason why they can’t be put up on the market place anyway?

> I had my console sent in for repair and Microsoft sent me back a replacement console. The license transfer was done and I was able to redownload and transfer licenses for all of my Xbox 360 purchases, but I guess this leaves me SOL for my purchased Halo 2 maps.
>
> This is quite frustrating. I’ve lost the maps and I’ve lost the money I paid for them… all at no fault of my own.
>
> This whole licensing thing needs to be tied only to the hard drive not the console.
>
> The worst part about all this is when I try to get support for it from Xbox Support, they say, “Unfortunately, we no longer support the original Xbox or original Xbox Games.” Well duh, but you’re the ones who broke my content that was working perfectly.
>
> Argh. I will see if I can find them somewhere on the internet that will allow me to transfer them onto my console or something…

Ah. I remember seeing someone post a link to a youtube video about getting original xbox content onto your 360 on a thread over in the Halo 2 section of the Bungie forums. That could be something to look into. (Though I don’t know if the process described is something Microsoft would ban your gamertag and/or console for)

> Is there a reason why they can’t be put up on the market place anyway?

I’d like to know this as well. Just because we can’t play our original xbox games on Live doesn’t mean we don’t still want our extra content for them. It would be nice for them to throw up things like Halo 2’s map packs and Star Wars Battlefront 2’s DLCs on the 360 marketplace.

> > Is there a reason why they can’t be put up on the market place anyway?
>
> I’d like to know this as well. Just because we can’t play our original xbox games on Live doesn’t mean we don’t still want our extra content for them. It would be nice for them to throw up things like Halo 2’s map packs and Star Wars Battlefront 2’s DLCs on the 360 marketplace.

I’d like to know why Halo 2, along with all the DLC, isn’t up in Xbox Originals yet.

I mean, it’s not like it was an original Xbox bestseller or anything…

I too do wonder why it cant be put on the 360 marketplace. If they can’t for some reason they can at least post it on the internet so we can usb drive it over or something.

Dang that sucks man. I downloaded my maps before the original xbox live went down and they stayed on my xbox and i can play them offline with out any problems…

> Dang that sucks man. I downloaded my maps before the original xbox live went down and they stayed on my xbox and i can play them offline with out any problems…

I have the same problem. After reading this post I think what happened to mine was that I transferred my old stuff to my new Halo Reach Xbox. This really does suck, but I hope that in the future Microsoft does something as Halo 2 was the best thing to happen ever to Xbox Live.

I have this issue too, and to be honest is pisses the freaking hell out of me. I loved the Halo 2 DLC, and REALLY want to be able to still play it. Even if I get the disk with most of them, what about Tombstone or Desolation? If 343 had any ideas on how to fix this it would be a god-send, or if anyone knows any way to get them to work.

The funny part is that they say you can’t get them because LIVE for the original Xbox has been shut down, but when I cleared my cache and loaded Halo 2 it prompted for a title update! It then went to the green original Xbox update screen, downloaded the update and everything. If it can do this… why can’t it allow us to go download the maps??

Frustrating.