DLC maps and 4GB consoles

Hey, how do you play the DLC maps on a 4GB console? I tried copying the map packs from my 60gb console onto a USB, putting that USB into the 4GB console and playing off that and it didn’t work, re-downloading the map packs onto the USB didn’t work and copying the map packs onto the console didn’t work.

Can you just not play the map packs on 4GB consoles, USB drive or otherwise? Or is there something I’m missing? Thanks.

You cant play halo 4 multiplayer on a 4GB console since you require 8GB of memory to install the multiplayer. Sorry but to play on it you will have to get a larger memory xbox.

I can play the multiplayer just fine installed to the USB, but thanks anyways.

My question is - is it possible to play the DLC MAPS off of USB / the console’s built-in “Memory Unit”?

You probably need the MM and the Maps on the same usb stick.

Yes, I had them both on the same USB.

I’ve tried:

• copying the Maps packs onto a USB, putting that USB into the 4GB console and playing off that,didn’t work
  • re-downloading the map packs onto the USB, didn’t work
  • copying the map packs onto the 4gb console itself, didn’t work.

I can play normal matchmaking fine, and for some reason Forge Island actually does work, though no other maps do. Does anyone know how to access the map packs on one of these consoles?

> I can play the multiplayer just fine installed to the USB, but thanks anyways.
>
> That’s not true and it’s not what I was asking…
>
> My question is - is it possible to play the DLC MAPS off of USB / the console’s built-in “Memory Unit”?

Yeah like the post said above me they probably need to be on the same device, I was merely saying that you cant play it of your hard drive. My main question is why bother having 4GB console in the first place?

> > I can play the multiplayer just fine installed to the USB, but thanks anyways.
> >
> > My question is - is it possible to play the DLC MAPS off of USB / the console’s built-in “Memory Unit”?
>
> Yeah like the post said above me they probably need to be on the same device, I was merely saying that you cant play it of your hard drive. My main question is why bother having 4GB console in the first place?

My 60gb console is from 2008 and has started making clicking noises every once in a while, so I’m a bit hesitant to put discs in it. I got a free 4GB 360 when I bought my laptop, so I’m using that now. Sorry for the abrasiveness of my previous response, I just got frustrated at the misinterpretation.

Anyways, like I said - yes, they are on the same USB. When I open up Halo 4 and it asks me which storage device to select, I select that USB. For some reason, I still can’t access any maps save for Forge Island.

> > > I can play the multiplayer just fine installed to the USB, but thanks anyways.
> > >
> > > My question is - is it possible to play the DLC MAPS off of USB / the console’s built-in “Memory Unit”?
> >
> > Yeah like the post said above me they probably need to be on the same device, I was merely saying that you cant play it of your hard drive. My main question is why bother having 4GB console in the first place?
>
> My 60gb console is from 2008 and has started making clicking noises every once in a while, so I’m a bit hesitant to put discs in it. I got a free 4GB 360 when I bought my laptop, so I’m using that now. Sorry for the abrasiveness of my previous response, I just got frustrated at the misinterpretation.
>
> Anyways, like I said - yes, they are on the same USB. When I open up Halo 4 and it asks me which storage device to select, I select that USB. For some reason, I still can’t access any maps save for Forge Island.

Haven’t got a clue then sorry mate =( try asking one of the moderators (monitors)

Not sure is this was mentioned before here, but in order to get to play those maps, you have to download them in that console. When you download it, the files tie to that console and cannot be simply transferred to another. So you have to either do a License transfer on the 4GB one or simply download it from there.

Switch the hard drives. Put the 60GB flash drive in your new Xbox.

Unless the clicking sound is coming from the hard drive. In which case, don’t do that. Buy a 16GB or 32GB flash drive and use that instead.

> Not sure is this was mentioned before here, but in order to get to play those maps, you have to download them in that console. When you download it, the files tie to that console and cannot be simply transferred to another. So you have to either do a License transfer on the 4GB one or simply download it from there.

That might be my problem… I’ll try that and see if it works.

> Switch the hard drives. Put the 60GB flash drive in your new Xbox.
>
> Unless the clicking sound is coming from the hard drive. In which case, don’t do that. Buy a 16GB or 32GB flash drive and use that instead.

I would love to be able to do this, but the 60gb is the old white ones and the 4GB arcade is one of the smaller black ones - I don’t think you can switch hard drives on these, can you?

If you crack open the casing on the white 360’s HD, it’ll actually fit into the new slims. I believe that’s what crazybydefault did for his extra storage space.

> > Not sure is this was mentioned before here, but in order to get to play those maps, you have to download them in that console. When you download it, the files tie to that console and cannot be simply transferred to another. So you have to either do a License transfer on the 4GB one or simply download it from there.
>
> That might be my problem… I’ll try that and see if it works.
>
>
>
> > Switch the hard drives. Put the 60GB flash drive in your new Xbox.
> >
> > Unless the clicking sound is coming from the hard drive. In which case, don’t do that. Buy a 16GB or 32GB flash drive and use that instead.
>
> I would love to be able to do this, but the 60gb is the old white ones and the 4GB arcade is one of the smaller black ones - I don’t think you can switch hard drives on these, can you?

If its the one with the motion sensor power and disc tray buttons then you wont be able to, if it isnt it should allow the changing of the hard drives.

> Not sure is this was mentioned before here, but in order to get to play those maps, you have to download them in that console. When you download it, the files tie to that console and cannot be simply transferred to another. So you have to either do a License transfer on the 4GB one or simply download it from there.

As long as he is signed into the account he bought it on, a license transfer shouldn’t be needed.

Welp, that didn’t work. I’m not sure why Forge Island still works but I’m thinking it has something to do with the fact that Forge Island is the only map I can even see when I open the Marketplace via Halo 4’s main menu. I re-downloaded the map packs through my download history, and it seems like that didn’t do the trick.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, for some reason I can’t find my Season Pass in my download history, has anyone else had that problem?

> You cant play halo 4 multiplayer on a 4GB console since you require 8GB of memory to install the multiplayer. Sorry but to play on it you will have to get a larger memory xbox.

actually, you can download war games separately, you just have to do it from disc 1

Dics 2 downloads Spartan ops as well, which is why you think it requires 8Gbs…

I think the problem is it cannot be downloaded onto flash memory (both the flash drive and the 4 GB memory, which isn’t actually a hard drive). I had this problem using the file share in Reach. Then again, it might just be that you don’t have enough memory to download it.

> > You cant play halo 4 multiplayer on a 4GB console since you require 8GB of memory to install the multiplayer. Sorry but to play on it you will have to get a larger memory xbox.
>
> actually, you can download war games separately, you just have to do it from disc 1
>
> Dics 2 downloads Spartan ops as well, which is why you think it requires 8Gbs…

That worked for me too when I borrowed the 4GB Console until I could afford to re-buy the download to Halo 4 because my disk drive went out. So, yes 343 I’ve bought your game twice now, and still have the original copy I pre-ordered. Still won’t approach the upwards of 10x buying Halo 3, but at least you’re getting some repeat business, 343.

> So, yes 343 I’ve bought your game twice now, and still have the original copy I pre-ordered. Still won’t approach the upwards of 10x buying Halo 3, but at least you’re getting some repeat business, 343.

Shh… do you hear that?

That’s the sound of 343i not listening to your post.

If you have something constructive/worthwhile to say, they’ll listen.

> I think the problem is it cannot be downloaded onto flash memory (both the flash drive and the 4 GB memory, which isn’t actually a hard drive). I had this problem using the file share in Reach. Then again, it might just be that you don’t have enough memory to download it.

No, the maps are already downloaded. The problem is that for some reason I can’t access them in-game.