DLC map packs: Everyone read (including 343)

I am aware there is crimson, but there are two other map packs we paid for and cannot play anymore. A long time ago I posted a forum asking 343 to fix this problem, but it turns out they never did fix it. Nowhere did the description of the DLC maps stated that they were only to rent. There is no point in trying to hope 343 will do it for us. We need to find ways to make them do it.

I fell I am done with Halo 4 for now because I completed all of the weapon commendations and that is all I wanted to do, so lets see what 343 will do when I post this:

“Dear 343 Industries: I believe I speak for at least 90% of the people who have the DLC map packs for Halo 4 when I say this. We either spent $25.00 (season pass) or $30.00 (separate) on DLC that we thought we could enjoy. Apparently you decided to take that DLC away from us. Each DLC contains 250 Gamerscore for a total of 750 Gamerscore that some of us are yet to complete. If we knew we all we would get in the long run is up to 750 Gamerscore then we would have bought a cheaper game and have a chance at 1,000 Gamerscore. The reason I am stating this is because it seems to me that you just wanted quick money. Don’t know what I mean by quick money? Well use your imagination or even better use some sense. Now that you almost have all the money you will get out of Halo 4, you decided to get lazy. You don’t need to worry about money yet 343. When the DLC that is released on the 20th is done selling is when you need to worry. Bungie banned me temporary because of something that was their fault to begin with. Lets see if you are the same way. What I mean is I posted this because I have the courage to stand up for my fellow gamers against this DLC problem that YOU started 343. So will you ban me for trying to be the hero? Or will you be heroes as well and give us back what we paid for.”

> I am aware there is crimson, but there are two other map packs we paid for and cannot play anymore. A long time ago I posted a forum asking 343 to fix this problem, but it turns out they never did fix it. <mark>Nowhere did the description of the DLC maps stated that they were only to rent.</mark> There is no point in trying to hope 343 will do it for us. We need to find ways to make them do it.
>
> I fell I am done with Halo 4 for now because I completed all of the weapon commendations and that is all I wanted to do, so lets see what 343 will do when I post this:
>
> “Dear 343 Industries: I believe I speak for at least 90% of the people who have the DLC map packs for Halo 4 when I say this. We either spent $25.00 (season pass) or $30.00 (separate) on DLC that we thought we could enjoy. Apparently you decided to take that DLC away from us. Each DLC contains 250 Gamerscore for a total of 750 Gamerscore that some of us are yet to complete. If we knew we all we would get in the long run is up to 750 Gamerscore then we would have bought a cheaper game and have a chance at 1,000 Gamerscore. The reason I am stating this is because it seems to me that you just wanted quick money. Don’t know what I mean by quick money? Well use your imagination or even better use some sense. Now that you almost have all the money you will get out of Halo 4, you decided to get lazy. You don’t need to worry about money yet 343. When the DLC that is released on the 20th is done selling is when you need to worry. Bungie banned me temporary because of something that was their fault to begin with. Lets see if you are the same way. What I mean is I posted this because I have the courage to stand up for my fellow gamers against this DLC problem that YOU started 343. So will you ban me for trying to be the hero? Or will you be heroes as well and give us back what we paid for.”

Where in the description of the DLC maps did it state you’d always be able to play them in Matchmaking at your own will?

Either way, DLC playlists rotate monthly, while I do agree they should rotate more frequently, having multiple DLC playlists at any given time is silly considering Crimson can rarely pull 200 players.

It’s true. Rotating the DLC playlist periodically would have fixed this problem.

… Oh wait, that’s what they’re doing.

Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?

Basically like this:

4v4 DLC playlist:
Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet

Big Team DLC playlist:
Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF

I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.

> Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
>
> Basically like this:
>
> 4v4 DLC playlist:
> Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
>
> Big Team DLC playlist:
> Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
>
> I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.

Quick question if you were to personally do it.

Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?

If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.

> > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> >
> > Basically like this:
> >
> > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> >
> > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> >
> > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
>
> Quick question if you were to personally do it.
>
> Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
>
> If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.

Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps. It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.

> > > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> > >
> > > Basically like this:
> > >
> > > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> > >
> > > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> > >
> > > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
> >
> > Quick question if you were to personally do it.
> >
> > Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
> >
> > If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.
>
> <mark>Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps.</mark> It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.

that is quite a leap in logic. you have no proof of this being the case and i know personally between me and all my friend who buy dlc, we rarely buy all of it. very few differences in my circle.

why buy dlc for big team maps when you like regular slayer more? or vice versa?

they just need to cut the price to drum up more sales.

> > > > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> > > >
> > > > Basically like this:
> > > >
> > > > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > > > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> > > >
> > > > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > > > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> > > >
> > > > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
> > >
> > > Quick question if you were to personally do it.
> > >
> > > Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
> > >
> > > If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.
> >
> > <mark>Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps.</mark> It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.
>
> that is quite a leap in logic. you have no proof of this being the case and i know personally between me and all my friend who buy dlc, we rarely buy all of it. very few differences in my circle.
>
> why buy dlc for big team maps when you like regular slayer more? or vice versa?
>
> they just need to cut the price to drum up more sales.

I see your point as well but neither one of us can prove our opinions as the definitive truth. However doesn’t it make sense then to either have one or two DLC playlists as OP suggested or to at least have each specific map pack in their own individual playlists at all times? This is like say you buy your favorite movie but you could only watch it at certain time periods during the year. Wouldn’t that suck? Wouldn’t that make you feel slighted by the company who put it out? This isn’t even about Us versus 343 or even Microsoft. This is more about people paying money for something that they expect to be able to use whenever they choose to only to be told “no, not today!” and we’re just supposed to accept that? No sir, I call shenanigans!

> > > > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> > > >
> > > > Basically like this:
> > > >
> > > > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > > > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> > > >
> > > > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > > > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> > > >
> > > > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
> > >
> > > Quick question if you were to personally do it.
> > >
> > > Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
> > >
> > > If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.
> >
> > <mark>Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps.</mark> It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.
>
> that is quite a leap in logic. you have no proof of this being the case and i know personally between me and all my friend who buy dlc, we rarely buy all of it. very few differences in my circle.
>
> why buy dlc for big team maps when you like regular slayer more? or vice versa?
>
> they just need to cut the price to drum up more sales.

What they need to do is make the DLC required. I made a thread on this before Halo 4 was released. I paid for the DLC, which in turn helped pay 343’s salary. If you don’t have the DLC, you don’t get to play certain playlists. Bottom line.

> > > > > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> > > > >
> > > > > Basically like this:
> > > > >
> > > > > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > > > > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> > > > >
> > > > > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > > > > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
> > > >
> > > > Quick question if you were to personally do it.
> > > >
> > > > Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
> > > >
> > > > If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.
> > >
> > > <mark>Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps.</mark> It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.
> >
> > that is quite a leap in logic. you have no proof of this being the case and i know personally between me and all my friend who buy dlc, we rarely buy all of it. very few differences in my circle.
> >
> > why buy dlc for big team maps when you like regular slayer more? or vice versa?
> >
> > they just need to cut the price to drum up more sales.
>
> What they need to do is make the DLC required. I made a thread on this before Halo 4 was released. I paid for the DLC, which in turn helped pay 343’s salary. If you don’t have the DLC, you don’t get to play certain playlists. Bottom line.

For other playlists? So you want to see the population for a lot of playlists just drop?

Want to know why DLC rarely shows up? Because people simply don’t own it. Slapping DLC restrictions on there is going to kill the playlists.

If more people bought the DLC we wouldn’t have this problem. Party up with people that have the maps and increase your chances to get them. Or be done with Halo 4 cause that will surely lead to you playing the maps you paid for.

> > > > > > Why not just make 2 DLC playlists and compile every DLC map that fits into that category plus one ordinary map of each type to keep it from getting too boring?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Basically like this:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 4v4 DLC playlist:
> > > > > > Maps: Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, Daybreak, Vertigo, Pitfall, Haven (ordinary map slot)
> > > > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Oddball, KOTH, and Ricochet
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Big Team DLC playlist:
> > > > > > Maps: Harvest, Shatter, Wreckage, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Ragnarok (ordinary map slot)
> > > > > > Gametypes: Slayer variants, Extraction, CTF
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’m not saying it should be EXACTLY like this, but something close to this would be nice. It would make people feel that they didn’t waste money on the DLC, and they can play any of the DLC whenever they want on matchmaking without making it mandatory to everyone.
> > > > >
> > > > > Quick question if you were to personally do it.
> > > > >
> > > > > Would you make the playlists require all DLCs that are featured in said playlists?
> > > > >
> > > > > If so, you’re essentially blocking out those who own one DLC.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>Seriously - most people who have the DLC probably have all the DLC. Most people who buy DLC want all of the maps.</mark> It’s the same thing with Reach - they cut out the stuff that many players paid for and that is just not cool or fair to those who paid for it.
> > >
> > > that is quite a leap in logic. you have no proof of this being the case and i know personally between me and all my friend who buy dlc, we rarely buy all of it. very few differences in my circle.
> > >
> > > why buy dlc for big team maps when you like regular slayer more? or vice versa?
> > >
> > > they just need to cut the price to drum up more sales.
> >
> > What they need to do is make the DLC required. I made a thread on this before Halo 4 was released. I paid for the DLC, which in turn helped pay 343’s salary. If you don’t have the DLC, you don’t get to play certain playlists. Bottom line.
>
> For other playlists? So you want to see the population for a lot of playlists just drop?
>
> Want to know why DLC rarely shows up? Because people simply don’t own it. Slapping DLC restrictions on there is going to kill the playlists.

It’s definitely too late to do it now. This should have been addressed after Reach’s DLC fiasco. I’m fine with free DLC or no DLC after this. 343 isn’t getting any more of my money. In fact, I should get DLC for free as an apology from 343 for releasing such an abysmal and incomplete game.

I remember there was a playlist in halo reach where you can play all the DLC’s.
Just make all the dlc in one or two playlist requiring you to have all DLC or at least 2 or 3 when the bungle comes out.