DLC is not working for multiple accounts

I preordered the LE from Best Buy and redeemed my codes on my profile. However my wife who plays Halo along with me, has no access to any of the content that I have, whether it be the LE bonus content or the Best Buy preorder content. Both of our accounts are on the same console so there is no issue with licenses. I would like to know what is going on with this. Is anyone else having the same problem?

This is absolutely infuriating, especially because if this is not fixed then my wife wont be able to play on any of the DLC maps.

You are correct, all DLC is supposed to be accessible by all accounts on the same console, if it’s the console with the license. Hit up @XboxSupport on Twitter. They’re quite responsive and should be able to help you out.

All content you redeem on your account is locked to one profile except for add on maps and in game armor.

Ok… I was trying to figure this out with mine and my wife’s acct too… Ok So if im getting this right… The Preorder DLC items don’t work with all profiles on the same Xbox except for the map pack.

> All content you redeem on your account is locked to one profile except for add on maps and in game armor.

That should not be the case. As other have said, when you select the user agreement in the menu for downloading the bonuses, it clearly states that ALL users on the system have access to the items. The only DLC limited to the account downloading it is the avatar items. At least, that is according to the usage contract. So, either there is a glitch that needs to be fixed, or the usage contract is misworded.

It only makes sense though. If they didn’t lock it to a single account people would just recover their gamer tags on their friend’s console and take all the dlc for free.

> It only makes sense though. If they didn’t lock it to a single account people would just recover their gamer tags on their friend’s console and take all the dlc for free.

It makes sense to that extent, yes, but the fact remains that the actual agreement form misrepresents the item. That is a big no-no. They needed to have come outright and stated that the items would be locked to one account, the way they do with avatar items. Many other games with DLC allow this sort of account sharing so it was no surprise that a lot of people expected this; and, to have the agreement suggest the same thing, well, makes many people feel ripped off to some extent.

I am just saying that I can see a good reason to complain about it.

I would complain too and I see you don’t have bad intentions, you just want your wife to have it too.
That’s just the way the cookie crumbles I guess :confused:

You read my thread about this issue.
It really sucks.
I called Microsoft Sweden and they said that this is they way It is and that you have to buy one copie or DLC pack for every family member.

I see I’m not the only one with this problem, I will attempt to contact xbox support and see what is going on with this. I hope we can get this straightened out.

> You read my thread about this issue.
> It really sucks.
> I called Microsoft Sweden and they said that this is they way It is and that you have to buy one copie or DLC pack for every family member.

I guess they are sitting in Ireland so you can’t visit them :stuck_out_tongue:

My bro and I experienced this last night. He input the code for his pre-orders and when I checked my armory they were not present.

If all the content is locked to a single profile, then how will that work when DLC maps are released and we both play local?

> You read my thread about this issue.
> It really sucks.
> I called Microsoft Sweden and they said that this is they way It is and that you have to buy one copie or DLC pack for every family member.

That shouldn’t be, as it goes against the user agreement. Everyone on the console should be able to use the DLC.

> My bro and I experienced this last night. He input the code for his pre-orders and when I checked my armory they were not present.
>
> If all the content is locked to a single profile, then how will that work when DLC maps are released and we all play local?

Maybe they did something special with the preorder DLCs.
I know for sure I’ve been able play dlc maps on any account in the past, ie. Halo 3, cod

> My bro and I experienced this last night. He input the code for his pre-orders and when I checked my armory they were not present.
>
> If all the content is locked to a single profile, then how will that work when DLC maps are released and we all play local?

If this issue isn’t fixed I don’t believe anyone but the person who downloaded the content, will be able to access the maps, even locally.

> > My bro and I experienced this last night. He input the code for his pre-orders and when I checked my armory they were not present.
> >
> > If all the content is locked to a single profile, then how will that work when DLC maps are released and we all play local?
>
> Maybe they did something special with the preorder DLCs.
> I know for sure I’ve been able play dlc maps on any account in the past, ie. Halo 3, cod

Unfortunately the issue is not just with the preorder DLCs, the LE bonus content is acting the same way.

> > All content you redeem on your account is locked to one profile except for add on maps and in game armor.
>
> That should not be the case. As other have said, when you select the user agreement in the menu for downloading the bonuses, it clearly states that ALL users on the system have access to the items. The only DLC limited to the account downloading it is the avatar items. At least, that is according to the usage contract. So, either there is a glitch that needs to be fixed, or the usage contract is misworded.

Thank you. This exactly, this is exactly why the user agreement exists in the first place. I hope to hear some word about this issue soon.

> You are correct, all DLC is supposed to be accessible by all accounts on the same console, if it’s the console with the license. Hit up @XboxSupport on Twitter. They’re quite responsive and should be able to help you out.

that should be true, but for what ever reason 343 made it account locked(kinda need to fix that 343)

I agree with that DLC map packs will be availaible for all accounts on the one console and armors, skins etc. only for one account which redeemed the code. Its logical.

> It only makes sense though. If they didn’t lock it to a single account people would just recover their gamer tags on their friend’s console and take all the dlc for free.

Actually no it does not work that way. If you recover your gamertag on another persons Xbox you still have to change the license to THAT Xbox to get it to work for anyone other you. And Microsoft limited how many times a year you can change the license.