DLC for campaign?

There is a possibility that there can be more added to campaign. Possibly explaining the weird time gap between Halo 4 and Halo 5 as to why and how Dr. Halsey contacted Captain Laskey and how she knew of Cortana’s existence. Or even Missions for Blue Team after the events of Halo 4. This is a theory so it can be ruled out. I just thought of this because 343i said they will be building more into Halo 5.

I think halo nightfall is supposed to bridge the gap between 4 and 5, i haven’t watched yet though.

I agree that Halo 5 DESPERATELY needs an expansion to its story because in its current state its lackluster at best and cringe-worthy at its worst. How the hell did the UNSC know about Cortana before Chief? Why did they kill off Jul’Mdama after putting so much development into him? What happened to the Librarian and Chief’s evolution? What ever became of the Janus Key? What happened to the Didact? What happened to exploring Chief’s psychological state and the conflict of ideals between Chief and Locke? Why bother killing off Cortana only to completely undermine her very emotional death by reintroducing her in the second mission and making her the most pointless and unmotivated villain in the series with an extremely anti-climatic reunion? Why was there such a disconnect between the marketing + Hunt the Truth and the story we actually got?
The basic premise of the plot had the potential to be the best campaign in the entire franchise, but they gave the writing job to probably the worst and most unqualified writer the franchise has ever had, Brian Reed. Like seriously, who the -Yoink- thought letting him take lead writing was a good idea after how mediocre both Spartan Ops and his Escalation comics were? He had already proven that he wasn’t even close to prepared for taking on a main Halo campaign, yet they gave him the job anyway? It also feels like they pulled a Bungie and completely rewrote the story mid-development, like whatever happened to cloaked Chief in the desert? At this point I think they should honestly rewrite the story with a new head writer like Joseph Staten since he’s escaped Bungie’s tyranny. Take some of the basic plot points like Chief going rogue (give him a better reason this time around though), Locke needs to hunt him down, and something is activating the Guardians (preferably someone other than Cortana, or at least give her a better motivation or reason like she’s even more rampant).
I encourage anyone who agrees to get loud and start making it clear to 343 that their current story is not up to Halo standards and something needs to be done about it pronto.

> I think halo nightfall is supposed to bridge the gap between 4 and 5, i haven’t watched yet though.

No, it just introduces Locke as a character. And it sucked, big time.

> 2533274870086836;2:
> I think halo nightfall is supposed to bridge the gap between 4 and 5, i haven’t watched yet though.

That’s what escalation did.

sadly they have already stated that they are currently not working on any campaign dlc at this time they have all there focus on getting us a -Yoink- ton of free dlc on multiplayer by summer 2016

Already said this will not happen. Halo 5 was suppose to be an opening act to this hunt for cortana. Thats the greatest hunt, not for chief but cortana. Adding dlc could complicate any story they want to pursue in the sequals. Of could they could do an alternate view, like chiefs point of view right before he boards a guardian, though it would be extremely boring due to the fact that the Prometheans were not attacking him at that point.

> 2533274899577089;3:
> I agree that Halo 5 DESPERATELY needs an expansion to its story because in its current state its lackluster at best and cringe-worthy at its worst. How the hell did the UNSC know about Cortana before Chief? Why did they kill off Jul’Mdama after putting so much development into him? What happened to the Librarian and Chief’s evolution? What ever became of the Janus Key? What happened to the Didact? What happened to exploring Chief’s psychological state and the conflict of ideals between Chief and Locke? Why bother killing off Cortana only to completely undermine her very emotional death by reintroducing her in the second mission and making her the most pointless and unmotivated villain in the series with an extremely anti-climatic reunion? Why was there such a disconnect between the marketing + Hunt the Truth and the story we actually got?
> The basic premise of the plot had the potential to be the best campaign in the entire franchise, but they gave the writing job to probably the worst and most unqualified writer the franchise has ever had, Brian Reed. Like seriously, who the -Yoink- thought letting him take lead writing was a good idea after how mediocre both Spartan Ops and his Escalation comics were? He had already proven that he wasn’t even close to prepared for taking on a main Halo campaign, yet they gave him the job anyway? It also feels like they pulled a Bungie and completely rewrote the story mid-development, like whatever happened to cloaked Chief in the desert? At this point I think they should honestly rewrite the story with a new head writer like Joseph Staten since he’s escaped Bungie’s tyranny. Take some of the basic plot points like Chief going rogue (give him a better reason this time around though), Locke needs to hunt him down, and something is activating the Guardians (preferably someone other than Cortana, or at least give her a better motivation or reason like she’s even more rampant).
> I encourage anyone who agrees to get loud and start making it clear to 343 that their current story is not up to Halo standards and something needs to be done about it pronto.

Halsey new about Cortana before the UNSC found out from Halsey which was around the same time that chief went AWOL meaning he never heard the news. The Librarian has been dead for centuries, that was merely an imprint (basically a small copy that destroyed itself after she sped up Chiefs evolution). Chiefs evolution is what allowed him to survive the composer in Halo 4, as of now there is no other information on what else it does. Killing of Cortana actually did a couple things, if you remember from Halo 4 cortana explains to chief that at some point she may fall victim to her rampancy, she says claims that they may make another cortana unit that “wont be her” this could actually be a foreshadowment of her surviving (possibly a rampant copy of her who wanted to kill chief and viewed humanity as a stain). The cortana we know and love is dead, the one that exists is not her and chief has come to terms with that. its actually a very interesting dynamic. The Hunt the Truth series was merely meant to introduce the concept of the guardians and the damage they have done. Chief even asks cortana what was the death toll and she deflects the question showering how different she has become (again maybe because she is one of the rampant copies) The commercials were misleading, halo 5 was called the start of the greatest hunt in gaming history, most of us took this as the hunt for the master chief, when in reality its the hunt for cortana and the hunt for the reason why cortana has adopted the view points she possesses.

I agree the writer needs to change, though if you consider the points I present above, the story can be developed into something truly fascinating. Dont rewrite the entire story, pick up were it leaves off but with a better writer.

I really loved the campaign but think a dlc campaign featuring blue team would be spectacular. Even if its only 3 missions or so.

DLC for Campaign would be interesting.