Dlc/default back, forge gone poll.

Firstly I have seen way too many threads about the recent august update that has annoyed a lot of people. I am making this poll to get attention. I sort of get why they would take the playlists away but the only solution I can think of is removing the forge maps to get more of the Developers maps back.

I’m pretty confident a lot of us are getting tired of grey textures in every big team. Ok this poll wouldn’t apply to something like griffball for obvious reasons.

Great, so we remove a ton of Forge maps to basically play three maps, exactly like you said, Spire, Boneyard and Boardwalk.

Just like Anniversary Big Team Battle, why have a playlist with just three maps?

DLC rarely shows up, that’s a fact, not enough people own the DLC for it to.

At least the different gametypes & maps in Big Team Battle offer some variety, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t fancy playing game after game after game on Hemorrhage either.

> Great, so we remove a ton of Forge maps to basically play three maps, exactly like you said, Spire, Boneyard and Boardwalk.
>
> Just like Anniversary Big Team Battle, why have a playlist with just three maps?
>
> DLC rarely shows up, that’s a fact, not enough people own the DLC for it to.
>
> At least the different gametypes & maps in Big Team Battle offer some variety, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t fancy playing game after game after game on Hemorrhage either.

Your basically doing the exact same thing to people who don’t have reach but have cea.

People own dlc, there’s not even much vareity in the gametypes either. I have played way too many dmr gametypes to last a life time.

This poll was a way to get people to buy the dlc because its that money that helps funds the servers.

A lot of people will keep complaining until something similar is done. I already said either decrease the forge maps or remove them as an option. You already took the playlists away so that’s not much else we can do but require the forge content to be decreased because I don’t believe that barely anyone bought the dlc for a franchise that was known to be groundbreaking.

I made this thread to help meet a comprise for the community because a lot of people are annoyed at being ignored.

> > Great, so we remove a ton of Forge maps to basically play three maps, exactly like you said, Spire, Boneyard and Boardwalk.
> >
> > Just like Anniversary Big Team Battle, why have a playlist with just three maps?
> >
> > DLC rarely shows up, that’s a fact, not enough people own the DLC for it to.
> >
> > At least the different gametypes & maps in Big Team Battle offer some variety, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t fancy playing game after game after game on Hemorrhage either.
>
> Your basically doing the exact same thing to people who don’t have reach but have cea.
>
> People own dlc, there’s not even much vareity in the gametypes either. I have played way too many dmr gametypes to last a life time.
>
> This poll was a way to get people to buy the dlc because its that money that helps funds the servers.
>
> A lot of people will keep complaining until something similar is done. I already said either decrease the forge maps or remove them as an option. You already took the playlists away so that’s not much else we can but require the forge content to be decreased because I don’t believe that barely anyone bought the dlc for a franchise that was known to be groundbreaking.
>
> I made this thread to help meet a comprise for the community because a lot of people are annoyed at being ignored.

If people owned DLC, it would show up a lot more commonly than it does currently, and Squad DLC would have had a higher population that 200-300 at peak times.

What are these servers you speak of? The game is ran on peer to peer for multiplayer.

Spire and Boneyard are not properly made for BTB, and Boardwalk has no vehicles. While I have no problem with Boardwalk, many players would like their BTB experience to have vehicles.

Not enough players have the DLC to warrant total removal of Forge maps, and it would be nice to have more than 3 maps in a playlist.

>

If people owned DLC, it would show up a lot more commonly than it does currently, and Squad DLC would have had a higher population that 200-300 at peak times.

What are these servers you speak of? The game is ran on peer to peer for multiplayer.

[/quote]
People DO own the DLC, no it wouldn’t be common because every single playlist is full of forge maps. On a regular basis I have played reach since release, I have seen more forge maps than I have seen on any halo game. The way the playlist’s were sorted were poor. The population of Reach has never been perfect but that doesn’t excuse the fact that dlc gamers are getting ignored in these matters.

A simple option to find players with dlc might have been it better but for now decreasing the amount of forge maps means more chance of actually finding the developers maps which we barely see anymore. This is why a lot of people are concerned about halo 4 because if they try this exact stunt the population will not get any better. This is supposed to be AAA, their seems to be little funding for a game that has been running for at nearly 2 years.

> Spire and Boneyard are not properly made for BTB, and Boardwalk has no vehicles. While I have no problem with Boardwalk, many players would like their BTB experience to have vehicles.
>
> Not enough players have the DLC to warrant total removal of Forge maps, and it would be nice to have more than 3 maps in a playlist.

That’s sort of why I suggested either remove them or decrease them a bit since the maps are diluting the playlists to a point there over-running any other maps from turning up.

> People DO own the DLC, no it wouldn’t be common because every single playlist is full of forge maps. On a regular basis I have played reach since release, I have seen more forge maps than I have seen on any halo game. The way the playlist’s were sorted were poor. The population of Reach has never been perfect but that doesn’t excuse the fact that dlc gamers are getting ignored in these matters.

Not enough players want to play/own the DLC for it to come up as often as you think it will.

> A simple option to find players with dlc might have been it better but for now decreasing the amount of forge maps means more chance of actually finding the developers maps which we barely see anymore. This is why a lot of people are concerned about halo 4 because if they try this exact stunt the population will not get any better. This is supposed to be AAA, their seems to be little funding for a game that has been running for at nearly 2 years.

There are only 3 developer-made maps that are not Forged, and the developer maps show up slow 1 every time, anyway.

> > Spire and Boneyard are not properly made for BTB, and Boardwalk has no vehicles. While I have no problem with Boardwalk, many players would like their BTB experience to have vehicles.
> >
> > Not enough players have the DLC to warrant total removal of Forge maps, and it would be nice to have more than 3 maps in a playlist.
>
> That’s sort of why I suggested either remove them or decrease them a bit since the maps are diluting the playlists to a point there over-running any other maps from turning up.

Dev maps show up slow 1 every time.

> > People DO own the DLC, no it wouldn’t be common because every single playlist is full of forge maps. On a regular basis I have played reach since release, I have seen more forge maps than I have seen on any halo game. The way the playlist’s were sorted were poor. The population of Reach has never been perfect but that doesn’t excuse the fact that dlc gamers are getting ignored in these matters.
>
> Not enough players want to play/own the DLC for it to come up as often as you think it will.
>
>
>
> > A simple option to find players with dlc might have been it better but for now decreasing the amount of forge maps means more chance of actually finding the developers maps which we barely see anymore. This is why a lot of people are concerned about halo 4 because if they try this exact stunt the population will not get any better. This is supposed to be AAA, their seems to be little funding for a game that has been running for at nearly 2 years.
>
> There are only 3 developer-made maps that are not Forged, and the developer maps show up slow 1 every time, anyway.

Actually that’s not true, I have seen big team matches on all sorts dev maps, people just seem to think of specific 3 maps but I have played one’s like countdown sometimes in the past, people seem to think forget that halo reach did not just come with 3 maps on release. There’s no reason why they couldn’t use those maps. I didn’t pay to play forge maps, I paid for dlc.

If you had read any of the dozens of threads lately you would know quite a bit of people are annoyed at lack of dlc, on top of that people like myself would go onto playlists like big teams because some of my friends don’t have dlc while most of them do. Also no they don’t always show 1 developer map on reach set of 3 votes. I have even had 3 votes all forgeworld, then avoided to just get the same annoying maps.

One of the few things reach did right was add a lot of good variety in forge maps. I would probably never play the game if they removed the forge maps. Most of them are better than the default maps like swordfail.

> One of the few things reach did right was add a lot of good variety in forge maps. I would probably never play the game if they removed the forge maps. Most of them are better than the default maps like swordfail.

I did give the option to decrease the amount. The problem with forge maps is there horrible to look, sick of seeing the grey textures, horrible designs that I have no idea how they got into matchmaking. I’m trying to find a way to find more chances of dlc maps showing up. Even if it meant finding prefered dlc player to help find people with dlc.

> > One of the few things reach did right was add a lot of good variety in forge maps. I would probably never play the game if they removed the forge maps. Most of them are better than the default maps like swordfail.
>
> I did give the option to decrease the amount. The problem with forge maps is there horrible to look, sick of seeing the grey textures, horrible designs that I have no idea how they got into matchmaking. I’m trying to find a way to find more chances of dlc maps showing up. Even if it meant finding prefered dlc player to help find people with dlc.

Removing forge maps is not going to increase the amount of DLC players.

BTB Spire, yay! Party at the waterfall!

That’s all my games on Spire ever turn out to be.

> > > One of the few things reach did right was add a lot of good variety in forge maps. I would probably never play the game if they removed the forge maps. Most of them are better than the default maps like swordfail.
> >
> > I did give the option to decrease the amount. The problem with forge maps is there horrible to look, sick of seeing the grey textures, horrible designs that I have no idea how they got into matchmaking. I’m trying to find a way to find more chances of dlc maps showing up. Even if it meant finding prefered dlc player to help find people with dlc.
>
> Removing forge maps is not going to increase the amount of DLC players.

Wrong it means players like myself have more chance of finding normal maps or at least dlc maps. Even with friends who have the dlc they barely turn up so decreasing the horrible forge maps might help us see what we paid for. If I had to choose I would never pay to play forge maps 24/7 so I don’t see why it should be forced on us.