DLC BigTeam maps becoming OBSOLETE!

In a halo 4 4v4 gametype you can occasionally verse a team of 4 players on the new majestic map pack right? This being IMO due to the fact that diehard halo players play 4v4 more than big team. So therefore, Being more players and less chance to find these hardcore players in big team. Without a dedicated playlists, I doubt we will see the new castle map pack in big team slayer or flag etc. This leads me to think that we should add some type of playlist that forces DLC so that the players that bought the maps can play them online instead of only in customs games. Because the chances you will find 16 players with a specific map pack… is very rare

There will more than likely be a DLC specific playlist for Castle at least for a little while. They had one for Crimson, which used larger maps, and kept it at 6v6, no need to go searching for 16 people.

As far as outside of those playlists, I’ve seen DLC maps pop up quite a bit in BTB, when that happens, send out some invites, make some friends, join a party. You’ll be playing on DLC more often than you think.

> As far as outside of those playlists, I’ve seen DLC maps pop up quite a bit in BTB, when that happens, send out some invites, make some friends, join a party. You’ll be playing on DLC more often than you think.

I play btb in full parties who all have the maps quite often and I have seen a dlc map come up only 1 time.

They need to make the 1st map pack free and compulsary like in Halo 3.

They need to have it so there are two options for when you choose the playlists, kind of like halo 3’s ranked/social but instead they should have ‘dowload players / normal’ and have the download option requiring dlc. You can have the normal maps as well, but at the moment we’re not getting a chance to play what we paid for!

Seriously, how hard is it to gather to both audiences!?!

> In a halo 4 4v4 gametype you can occasionally verse a team of 4 players on the new majestic map pack right? This being IMO due to the fact that diehard halo players play 4v4 more than big team. So therefore, Being more players and less chance to find these hardcore players in big team. Without a dedicated playlists, I doubt we will see the new castle map pack in big team slayer or flag etc. This leads me to think that we should add some type of playlist that forces DLC so that the players that bought the maps can play them online instead of only in customs games. Because the chances you will find 16 players with a specific map pack… is very rare

I would put it down to two things.

(A) Simple odds. If your searching 4v4 then you only have to find 7 other players who have the DLC if your searching 8v8 then you have to find 15 people who all have the DLC

(B) [And this is my opinion mind you] The Majestic Map Pack is much better than the Crimson map pack so more people have it and hence you’re more likely to find people who have it. (Personally I deleted the Crimson Map Pack from my hard drive so I wouldn’t have to play it…)

> In a halo 4 4v4 gametype you can occasionally verse a team of 4 players on the new majestic map pack right?

Nope.

> They need to have it so there are two options for when you choose the playlists, kind of like halo 3’s ranked/social but instead they should have ‘dowload players / normal’ and have the download option requiring dlc. You can have the normal maps as well, but at the moment we’re not getting a chance to play what we paid for!
>
> Seriously, how hard is it to gather to both audiences!?!

This is exactly what i was thinking too, Except they loose quite a bit of casual players. Which they rely on at the moment

> > In a halo 4 4v4 gametype you can occasionally verse a team of 4 players on the new majestic map pack right?
>
> Nope.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists
Game Types: Team Infinity Slayer
Maps: Haven, Adrift, Complex, Abandon, Solace, Harvest, <mark>Landfall, Monolith, Skyline</mark>

> > > In a halo 4 4v4 gametype you can occasionally verse a team of 4 players on the new majestic map pack right?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists
> Game Types: Team Infinity Slayer
> Maps: Haven, Adrift, Complex, Abandon, Solace, Harvest, <mark>Landfall, Monolith, Skyline</mark>

They’re in there. But it doesn’t happen often

Dude, the most played and populated list in Halo Reach was BTB.

The most played and populated list in Halo 4 is BTIS.

Big maps are here to stay.

The company that makes Battlefield has stated that Battlefield 4 will have MM for 4 players, that is, 32 per side. So, the next-gen Xbox will be doing that for sure then as Battlefield is for the next-gen XBox.

I do not want to see 32 per side for Halo 5. But, 12 or 16 a side for BTB/BTIS would be cool. Yes, that means bigger maps than we have ever had in any Halo game before! Granted, the amount of kills to win would have to be significantly increased as well as time for the game. For example:

12v12

150 kills to win/20 minutes

16v16

200 kills to win/25 minutes

BTB isn’t as popular as it was due to being Infinity only, if they put a better slayer variant and some objective in there then we would see a change.

Dominion isn’t so great either.