Diverse Environments

I’ve been somewhat dissatisfied with the lack of diversity in environments in latest Halo games.

Halo 4 seemed to be all green plains, a bit of jungle, forerunner structures, and UNSC base (the latter of which I hate the most, it’s just so dull, also a testament to how little humanity seems to have advanced over the last few years).

The midship remake, although it brings up the whole issue of remaking a map for the zenith time, is a good start, as one forumer previously mentioned, H4 didn’t have a single Covie map.

In terms of diverse locations, Halo 1 definitely pulls it off best, snow, swamps, bright, sunny beaches. Come on, 343, get your creative edge on.

Zero G, freefall, rainy day, more elaborate jungles, ideas? Discuss.

Skyline was pretty unique. Yes, we’ve had city maps, but not of the same type.

Under-Ocean Maps, though personally I’d never want to see these.

On Top Of the Ocean Maps.

Covenant/Forerunner Cities. We have no idea what other civilizations besides our own even look like. All we have even seen of the Forerunner is abandoned bases and structures.

Besides that, we’ve already touched on so much. We’ve had deserts, tundras, jungles, plains, swamps, military bases, space stations…list goes on.

Undergrou- oh right, I just remembered Reach did it.

> Skyline was pretty unique. Yes, we’ve had city maps, but not of the same type.
>
> Under-Ocean Maps, though personally I’d never want to see these.
>
> On Top Of the Ocean Maps.
>
> Covenant/Forerunner Cities. We have no idea what other civilizations besides our own even look like. All we have even seen of the Forerunner is abandoned bases and structures.
>
> Besides that, we’ve already touched on so much. We’ve had deserts, tundras, jungles, plains, swamps, military bases, space stations…list goes on.
>
> Undergrou- oh right, I just remembered Reach did it.

A lot of things like environments like jungles, and space stations have been utilized, but not very creatively. I’d like to see a more expansive jungle map, not really structured around balanced gameplay, but more immersive. Ofcourse, that’s silly and’ll never happen, because of how zealous people are over such things.

Also, when I saw the video was titled Hydrolosis, I thought it’d be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9iQsL54oRs

Speaking of H:CE maps, I absolutely love Death Island and Yoyorast Island, can you imagine what something like that would look like with next gen technoogy? In general, multiplayer maps seems to have fallen in scale since the first two games in favor of a more arena style.

> Also, when I saw the video was titled Hydrolosis, I thought it’d be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9iQsL54oRs

Ah, unnecessary NuMetal, windows movie maker title page, and Halo footage.
That brings back some memories.
No, I wouldn’t put anyone through that.

I loved yoyorast back in the day. My dream Halo would have so many of those maps in it, but eh, unlikely to ever happen in real life to put it lightly.

> I’d like to see a more expansive jungle map, not really structured around balanced gameplay, but more immersive. Ofcourse, that’s silly and’ll never happen, because of how zealous people are over such things.

Its my opinion that BTB maps don’t have to be designed by strict standards the way ‘competitive 4v4’ maps must be. It wouldn’t be a problem so long as the map at least plays well.