DISTRESS CALL

Do you guys think it would be cool if Halo 4 could contact all team mates and send out a distress call to their locations with a little beacon. Just a idea but awesome.

Those are called ‘callouts’.

Why on earth were mics introduced to online play? I don’t have a clue…

eh, I’ve heard it proposed before, but no one would respond. despite halo being mostly a team game, most people only worry about their own k/d for the most part. if you sent out a distress call no one would care. the best you can do is wear a headset and say “5 guys on my X”

> Why on earth were mics introduced to online play? I don’t have a clue…

Sometimes you don’t want to hear people say bad words like F— you or s— and I hate listening to people

swearing, singing, imitating micky mouse… generally speaking: they were introduced to piss me off.

> Those are called ‘callouts’.

This. Adding a ‘distress’ button is pointless and highly unnecessary.

I just tell my friends if there are enemies to the left or right, I need help or if there are a couple enemies near them but, they also do the same for me and any random player probably wouldn’t even respond unless they are near you.

what if you cant talk english ? ( other language than english )

There should have been a distress signal in Reach when you go into armour lock. So if you get surrounded you go into armour lock and your teammates get a waypoint or a flashing idicator on their radar.

This way armour lock would actually have a purpose unlike the way some ppl use it. As it is right now it often just slow down gameplay. If I have a sword or shotgun, a lot of ppl go into AL instead of just accepting that I am going to kill them.

> > Why on earth were mics introduced to online play? I don’t have a clue…
>
> what if you cant talk english ? ( other language than english )

There seems to be a fair amount of mexicans who play halo, and their english isn’t always the greatest.

How about spanish instead of just mexican.

> There should have been a distress signal in Reach when you go into armour lock. So if you get surrounded you go into armour lock and your teammates get a waypoint or a flashing idicator on their radar.

No.

Or you can just have a mic and say “S1, Snipes up” “S2 Ovys up” “Two guys jumping S3 landing!”

Oh… I miss Guardian.

In Halo reach when you are getting shot the service tag above your name turns orange in cover… that’s basically the same thing. And of course we need mic’s if we want to dominate or not get killed.

> > Why on earth were mics introduced to online play? I don’t have a clue…
>
> swearing, singing, imitating micky mouse… generally speaking: they were introduced to piss me off.

this ^