Dissappointed and Confused...

I have been a big Halo fan ever since the first title was released. With this being said, I do not get the direction Halo 4 is taking. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were great, because there was a social playlist and a competitive playlist. It fit the bill for both the casual fan base and the competitive fan base. Reach lacked this, and the game suffered as a result. How many Reach games did you play where people left, because it did not matter? How many games did you play where there were stand stills, because hey they still got credits for completing the game anyway!

Having an invisible system, like reach did will not work. It is like asking people to play black jack with fake chips, and play seriously. Why would anyone play seriously, if there is no risk involved? Everyone might play seriously for a while, but it will not last. After a while everyone will be throwing in $1,000 worth of fake chips. People also might mess around and hit on 19, I mean why not, there is nothing to lose? However, if you are playing with real money, everyone will be paying attention, and playing their cards correctly.

People will get bored of Halo 4, because not everyone wants to play their hardest every single game. You get burnt out doing this, and it starts to feel like a grind. You can see this in reach as well, with people messing around, and not helping the team at all.

I am not trying to start a flame war, and I am not bashing anyone for their opinions. I want the cosmetic stuff just like all the casuals out there, hell I am all for that cool stuff. However, I also want the competitive side to get what they want as well.I just do not get why their cannot be a social playlist, and a competitive playlist like in the previous titles.

If the lack of visible ranking is enough for you to say “**** it, i’m not even going to try because there’s no point”, then why do you even play video games?

Be careful OP. There are some people who don’t want their rank displayed due to insecurities. They will flame you hard.

I like a visible rank because I like to work towards a personal best, not so I can boast. Why not give ranks that are only visible to the player and no one else?

Different developers + different gameplay = Accept it

ᴰᵃᵐᶰ, ᵖᵉᵒᵖᶫᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᶦᶰᵍ ᵒᶰ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᶫᵃᶦᶰᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵈᵃʸ⋅ ᴳᵒ ᵖᶫᵃʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᴴᵃᶫᵒˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵃᶰᵏ ᵐᵒᶰᵏᶦᵉˢ

> Be careful OP. There are some people who don’t want their rank displayed due to insecurities. They will flame you hard.
>
> I like a visible rank because I like to work towards a personal best, not so I can boast. Why not give ranks that are only visible to the player and no one else?

Which is why there are social playlists in a less competitive setting. Casuals don’t even need to set foot in ranked.

You do not get what I am saying. Sure I will try my hardest, but other people will not. This is seen in almost EVERY game in Reach. People leave, or are just sitting there, because they still get credits after the game.

Their should be a competitive playlist, for people to work together and try their best, and a social playlist where people can relax, take a break, eat, and just hangout.

I am not against their being a social playlist, so why are you so against me wanting a competitive playlist? I just do not get it?

Gamers these days are way too complacent and laid back about developers taking away features, especially ones that WORKED in the past. The things that made Halo great back in the day was the excellent balanced gameplay, and the RANKING SYSTEM.

> You do not get what I am saying. Sure I will try my hardest, but other people will not. This is seen in almost EVERY game in Reach. People leave, or are just sitting there, because they still get credits after the game.
>
> Their should be a competitive playlist, for people to work together and try their best, and a social playlist where people can relax, take a break, eat, and just hangout.
>
> I am not against their being a social playlist, so why are you so against me wanting a competitive playlist? I just do not get it?
>
> Gamers these days are way too complacent and laid back about developers taking away features, especially ones that WORKED in the past. The things that made Halo great back in the day was the excellent balanced gameplay, and the RANKING SYSTEM.

That’s why you play with friends to decrease the chances of that. I don’t see why you wouldn’t play with friends anyway, it makes the game overall more enjoyable.

> Different developers + different gameplay = Accept it
>
> ᴰᵃᵐᶰ, ᵖᵉᵒᵖᶫᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᶦᶰᵍ ᵒᶰ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᶫᵃᶦᶰᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵈᵃʸ⋅ ᴳᵒ ᵖᶫᵃʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᴴᵃᶫᵒˢ⋅

Is that not the point of a forum? Unless I am mistaken, a forum is a place where people can come to voice their opinions on different subjects. Therefore, as a Halo fan, I can come on here and voice my opinion.

If different people are coming on here everyday and complaining about the same thing, shouldn’t that tell you and 343 something?

I don’t see 1 down side to having ranked versions of social playlists.

You cannot stop cheating and boosting its impossible in any game.

What’s to stop me from boosting to SR130 in H4 ?, nothing just like reach.

Still will be playing the game to death regardless of no ranks.

> > You do not get what I am saying. Sure I will try my hardest, but other people will not. This is seen in almost EVERY game in Reach. People leave, or are just sitting there, because they still get credits after the game.
> >
> > Their should be a competitive playlist, for people to work together and try their best, and a social playlist where people can relax, take a break, eat, and just hangout.
> >
> > I am not against their being a social playlist, so why are you so against me wanting a competitive playlist? I just do not get it?
> >
> > Gamers these days are way too complacent and laid back about developers taking away features, especially ones that WORKED in the past. The things that made Halo great back in the day was the excellent balanced gameplay, and the RANKING SYSTEM.
>
> That’s why you play with friends to decrease the chances of that. I don’t see why you wouldn’t play with friends anyway, it makes the game overall more enjoyable.

Sure, I always play with friends. I cannot control what people do on the other team though. How does playing with friends prevent the other team from messing around, and or just sitting there?

Reach had the Arena system instead of a H2 or H3 style ranking system because Bungie didn’t want to deal with exploiters that cheapen the system. Unfortunately, it wasn’t liked because it lacked the instant gratification of a 1-50 system and ranks weren’t perpetuate.

The lack of ranking system isn’t the only reason people quit out of games, the biggest reason was due to the looseness of the skill matching between teams. Player matching was far looser than H3 in order to give faster search times in lower populated playlists.

I think 343i has avoided implementing a ranking system for the same reason Bungie implemented the Arena system. They were tired of spending valuable time and resources banning cheaters, so they removed a large amount of the incentive from ranked playlists.

Why should 343i devote their time to a system that will give an incentive to exploit and violate the MS Code of Conduct?

> I don’t see 1 down side to having ranked versions of social playlists.
>
> You cannot stop cheating and boosting its impossible in any game.
>
> What’s to stop me from boosting to SR130 in H4 ?, nothing just like reach.
>
> Still will be playing the game to death regardless of no ranks.

They can’t stop cheating and boosting, but they can reduce the pervasiveness by not giving such a large incentive to exploit. SR130 is far less of an incentive than the highest rank in a ranked playlist. Anyone can reach the highest rank in an XP based rank system, it just takes time.

> Reach had the Arena system instead of a H2 or H3 style ranking system because Bungie didn’t want to deal with exploiters that cheapen the system. Unfortunately, it wasn’t liked because it lacked the instant gratification of a 1-50 system and ranks weren’t perpetuate.
>
> The lack of ranking system isn’t the only reason people quit out of games, the biggest reason was due to the looseness of the skill matching between teams. Player matching was far looser than H3 in order to give faster search times in lower populated playlists.
>
> I think 343i has avoided implementing a ranking system for the same reason Bungie implemented the Arena system. They were tired of spending valuable time and resources banning cheaters, so they removed a large amount of the incentive from ranked playlists.
>
> Why should 343i devote their time to a system that will give an incentive to exploit and violate the MS Code of Conduct?

What is stopping people from exploiting 343’s new system? What is to stop people from sitting in on every match and doing nothing, because they still get credits anyway? Every system can be exploited, but why replace proven systems in halo 2 and halo 3, and replace it with a terrible updated version of Reach’s system?

Seriously though, what’s wrong with a rank visible only to the player?

> > > You do not get what I am saying. Sure I will try my hardest, but other people will not. This is seen in almost EVERY game in Reach. People leave, or are just sitting there, because they still get credits after the game.
> > >
> > > Their should be a competitive playlist, for people to work together and try their best, and a social playlist where people can relax, take a break, eat, and just hangout.
> > >
> > > I am not against their being a social playlist, so why are you so against me wanting a competitive playlist? I just do not get it?
> > >
> > > Gamers these days are way too complacent and laid back about developers taking away features, especially ones that WORKED in the past. The things that made Halo great back in the day was the excellent balanced gameplay, and the RANKING SYSTEM.
> >
> > That’s why you play with friends to decrease the chances of that. I don’t see why you wouldn’t play with friends anyway, it makes the game overall more enjoyable.
>
> Sure, I always play with friends. I cannot control what people do on the other team though. How does playing with friends prevent the other team from messing around, and or just sitting there?

Then too bad? I don’t see what you’re complaining about since it’s not a loss for you. People messing around or not playing on the other team is nowhere near as bad as people doing it on your team.

Stop crying.

I don’t think you should generalize the whole direction of a series based on it’s multiplayer and even further into that, a number that’s not visible.

A new complain thread every hour.

> A new complain thread every hour.

2 “Stop complaining and cut 343 some slack” threads every hour.

But I agree. I wish people would just add to the existing threads instead of starting new ones.