Display badges

How do you get display badges? I know about the banners and avatars but what about the badges? How do you get more?

Specific community related tasks. Attending E3 for one.

That’s not fair.

> 2533274852621431;2:
> Specific community related tasks. Attending E3 for one.

Not everyone can make it to E3

Thats like thousands of miles away for me (Scotland).

> 2576836393939040;5:
> Thats like thousands of miles away for me (Scotland).

I’m in the same boat as you (and on the same island it seems :P). I’m sure that once the Halo Channel drops and we push into next year, 343 will put up some new badges that can be attained without having to travel to America. I’d like to make it out to an event at some point, maybe I can finally bring the guys and gals some dounts :smiley:
There are badges you can get without travelling though - like the LOL badge for making a caption, Photographer for having a screenshot featured in the weekly bulletin or becoming Community Member of the Week.

> 2533274813317074;6:
> > 2576836393939040;5:
> > Thats like thousands of miles away for me (Scotland).
>
>
> I’m in the same boat as you (and on the same island it seems :P). I’m sure that once the Halo Channel drops and we push into next year, 343 will put up some new badges that can be attained without having to travel to America. I’d like to make it out to an event at some point, maybe I can finally bring the guys and gals some dounts :smiley:
> There are badges you can get without travelling though - like the LOL badge for making a caption, Photographer for having a screenshot featured in the weekly bulletin or becoming Community Member of the Week.

How do you even go about getting the LOL badge? Because I haven’t been able to find the relevant area where these captions are made…I want more badges too!

I think it only stopped recently (possibly due to all the Master Chief Collection stuff going on), but usually every Friday a Halo screenshot would be posted and people on the forums, twitter and facebook would be invited to submit their best caption with the results posted the next week. Whoever got the featured caption got the medal. There may have been more than 1 medal per week given out, I can’t exactly remember.

I do hope myself that they kickstart badges again, but I can understand why it has stalled for the moment. Perhaps in the new year once everyone is rested and refreshed, the bulletins can pick up screenshots, captions can come back and it would be nice to see the return of the member spotlight as well :slight_smile:

Just found this post…appreciate the info stckrboy. Will definitely be on the look out for more community tasks.

I was on the lookout for some badges during November 11th and I was shocked to see none.

> 2533274833768212;10:
> I was on the lookout for some badges during November 11th and I was shocked to see none.

There probably were plans for an MCC related badge, but I think everyone’s focus right now has shifted towards getting the game fixed. Perhaps after things have calmed down, we may see a badge rolling out. I’m not sure how long after the like of E3 and Halo 4’s launch that it took for badges to be given out.

Just a dumb badge anyway. You want me to make you one in photoshop?

I’m sure they will come out with more badges in time. until then you’ll just have to deal with the Feet First badge.

I’d like to have some more badges. Y’know; spruce up the profile a bit. Perhaps…a recon badge! :wink:

Are all the others specific and limited time?

Everybody who played Halo 5: Guardians MP beta just received a new badge.

> 2533274802991185;16:
> Everybody who played Halo 5: Guardians MP beta just received a new badge.

It’s very shiny and awesome :slight_smile: <3

I got one too, but it isn’t showing up under my name in the forum posts. Sad face

If you go into your profile, you can add and remove all your badges from there. You can only display a maximum of three and the order you select them is the order they will appear under the post :slight_smile:

I don’t see such an option. Under badges I have 2 listed and no option to show / hide any. Maybe I need to be a higher forum rank?

EDIT: I finally saw the edit button, over the badges at the top the page, next to my name and where the badges are. Thx for the help.

My badge is so beautiful…