Dispatch needs removed from Rumble Pit

I already hated the map, but my god it’s even worse on rumble pit. I just played a game and literally spawned within assassinating length of someone. Now, the mode was Regicide (thank god it hardly ever shows up) and I was the king for 90% of the game. Being king for this long means that every time I spawned I had a giant ‘kill me’ sign above my head so I instantly get shot. I managed to go 25-22 but ultimately lost due to Regicides ridiculousness coupled with Dispatches spawns. The spawning on the map is ridiculous. Every time I spawn I can instantly look at someone and have red reticle. Having a spawning such as this removes elements of skill needed to win as you can win of you just spawn beside people with low shields all the time. The map really should be removed as it’s just horrible. Anyone else agree?

Rumble Pit in 4 is terrible in general. All the maps are horrible for it and the spawn system makes it even worse.

Usually it’s fine for me. Mostly just the forge maps that are bad. I miss Majestic FFA.

I don’t think that the forge maps in general (Dispatch excluded) are bad. I do agree on Dispatch, though . . . I don’t like that map.

Otherwise, the maps are fine. What’s wrong is putting 7 enemy players on maps of that size. Since the influence zone for enemy players on dynamic spawning has a radius of 9.5 units and you have 7 enemies, every spawn location on the map is influenced by at least one enemy. When that happens, dynamic spawning breaks down and the resulting respawns are random.

To put this in perspective, Abandon has a total area of about 1200 square units. The area influenced by one enemy is 283 square units. So 4 enemy players can almost cover the entire map from a respawn perspective, and when that happens, the game chooses randomly between respawn points.

Odds are enemies won’t be evenly spaced in an FFA, so if you only have yourself and 5 enemies, you’re likely to have at least one 280 square unit patch for safe respawning. But with 7 enemies, this likelihood drops considerably. Even Haven at 1600 square units can be completely covered by 6 enemies, which is why bad spawning occasionally occurs on that map.

This is why Rumble Pit should be a 6-player FFA, not an 8-player FFA. Either that, or adjust the enemy influence zone for FFA gametypes to allow dynamic spawning to do what it is supposed to do.

Dispatch is really bad in Rumble Pit; I know that from my own experiences. But have you played Simplex in RP? Games go so ridiculously fast on both of these maps you don’t have time to even take in your surroundings after spawning.

> Dispatch is really bad in Rumble Pit; I know that from my own experiences. But have you played Simplex in RP? Games go so ridiculously fast on both of these maps you don’t have time to even take in your surroundings after spawning.

Pretty sure I won a game in just over 3 minutes on Simplex once.

> Rumble Pit in 4 is terrible in general. All the maps are horrible for it and the spawn system makes it even worse.

Adrift and Solace work pretty well in Rumble Pit, as do the Majestic maps. But the Forge maps… it seems like the Forgers are still building maps designed for Halo 3, and not accounting for things like Sprint and Jetpack.

By biggest gripe is the gametypes; Regicide can be a very painful experience with 8 players and instant respawn, and Rumble Pro and Rumble BRs are just plain boring. Infinity Rumble is fun, but I think they need to reduce the frequency of Overshield & Damage Boost drops…